It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush demands $50 billion from Congress again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes again, and were does the money come from? were is all this cash coming from, when all the budgets have been raided during W's regime.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Demands????

Did you read the article?

Here let me clarify.....

President Bush plans to ask Congress next month for up to $50 billion in additional funding for the war in Iraq, a White House official said yesterday, a move that appears to reflect increasing administration confidence that it can fend off congressional calls for a rapid drawdown of U.S. forces.

~~~~~~~

Almost all the spending is relatively noncontroversial, he added,

Washington "Liberal" Post

Key Words in the article are... ASK and REQUEST

There Now, thats better

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnDroidX107
Yes again, and were does the money come from? were is all this cash coming from, when all the budgets have been raided during W's regime.

Well, we are at war. I mean come on, weve got to pay Haliburton/KBR with something, after all they are feeding our soldiers at 20 bucks a plate

Anyway, this is what people dont seem to understand, the DEMOCRAT led Congress can end this war at any time, by simply refusing to allow the funding for it.
Yet they do, every time. Why? Because they are politicians and when election time comes around they dont want to be accused of refusing to feed and properly equip our troops.
Its all just a game but when politicians play games it can have dire consequences.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
50 billion hmmm we know were thats going to another war!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes we are at war and its needed

repeal the tax cuts for people who won the lotto since they suppor this war
cut spending in other areas not increase it
create a balanced budget to pay for it

suspend NASA for a short time to use funding in the War

or grow the money on a tree

I agree support us in this war absolutely

were does the 50 billion get taken from
Social Security?

[edit on 31-8-2007 by AnDroidX107]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AnDroidX107

im on about iran and no we dont because iran is no threat bush is the only threat goin gin all guns blazing who he think he is the police of the mid east

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree anyone who wants to wage war on the U.S. should be annihilated and they will not defeat us, however our leaders need to operate in a smarter way, not just ground level grunt

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnDroidX107

what is with you people iran is no threat you are the treat and i hope you get your ass kicked if you go in playiing the hard man

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
want some cheese with your whine??

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

WTF do you mean "Iran is no threat"?
Any nation that calls for the total annihilation of another country IS a threat.
The Iranian president publicly said that he wished to "wipe Israel off of the map" and you say he isnt a threat.
In my opinion this whole "war on terror" has been about Iran all along. Take Afghanistan, take Iraq. Now guess whos in the middle?
Do I think we should invade Iran? Hell no I dont and I think most Americans will agree with me.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
^^^^

to the above poster your right

Manzoor is crazy

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is what you do, create a massive secret assassination plot against Adhminijad I cant spell his name, like we did in Guettamala, and tried to do in Cuba.

I heard Clinton had a large number of operatives across the world trained to assassinate foriegn leaders like Hussien, why not assassinate their leaders not try to take em on with full force military navy, marines, etc

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

ere does the 50 billion get taken from

This year the United States Government estimates a receipt of ...

Wait for it....

2.344 TRILLION Dollars

OK, now for the Math

I may be wrong, I HATE math, but I believe it works out to..

.117% of the total gross receipts the Government will receive this year..

That's POINT 117%

As in 117 ONE THOUSANDS of a percent...

Not that big a deal...

As for repealing the tax cuts...

Any good economist will tell you that under the current tax system, there is no such thing as "Taxing the Rich"

If you repeal the cuts, EVERYONE pays more and HAS less, especially the poor...

Typical Liberal thinking...

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
The Iranian president publicly said that he wished to "wipe Israel off of the map" and you say he isnt a threat.

Did he? I understand that the actual translation was something along the lines of 'This regime that is occupying Jerusalem must be eliminated from the pages of history'. (translation from the Middle East Media Research Institute)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Actually according to their own website..

"The establishment of the Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," the president told a conference in Tehran on Wednesday, entitled The World without Zionism.

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land," he said.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.
Al Jazeera

Now while I might argue with any American Translation, if they are posting it on their website, I would tend to believe it...

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
guy this is where its REALLY going!

www.break.com...

thats the REAL threat!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No to worry, the money is coming from the same place that has been flowing since the war profiteers decided that they needed another war to make more profits.

China, they are after all our banker.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Usually the President gets what he asks for. He has leverage over Congress in some ways you know.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

And the trueth is bush is probably hitting his head on his desk that he didnt think of that first. News break
zombies :lol
n the loose runnnnn!!!!!

join