It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Dominates Economically!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
China has masterminded to become the dominator in the world economy. I am against their careless use of the environment and poor labor for their citizens, but as you know most things we buy most likely come from China at least assembled there. Chances are your computer that your on now was assembled in China. At anytime if China wanted to wreak havoc on the U.S. all they would have to do is cut off supply to just about everything they export. I mean people Americas economy is getting worse and worse, masses of low wage seeking CEO's are taking their profits overseas with cheaper labor.

Remember when things were built in the United States???

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Heh, I assembled my computer(s) myself, the parts that weren't made in Taiwan were made locally in the Penang Free Trade Zone.

Don't fret, things are still built in the US.

U.S. Arms Exports

In 2001, total world arms transfer agreements were worth nearly $26.4 billion.[5] The United States led the world with 45.8% of all such agreements.[6] There are two primary channels through which U.S. arms manufacturers sell weaponry to foreign countries: Foreign Military Sales (FMS)and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS).

Foreign Military Sales: These are sales of U.S. weapons, spare parts, construction, and related services purchased by foreign governments via the U.S. Department of State . [Data covers actual deliveries of military equipment or services.]

FY2001 total: $12.2 billion (deliveries)
$13.1 billion (new contracts)
FY2000 total: $10.5 billion
$11.4 billion (new contracts)[7]

Direct Commercial Sales: These transfers are negotiated directly between the U.S. manufacturing company and the foreign buyers, and approved by the Department of State through the issuance of an export license.

FY2001 totals: $36.3 billion in licenses issued
$821.1 million in estimated deliveries*

FY2000 totals: $55.3 billion in licenses issued
$477.6 million in estimated deliveries*[8]
*note: delivery numbers are only preliminary estimates.

See, things aren't so bad

Related Link:
Arms industry

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am glad there are a couple who do that such as you, unfortunately we have a long way to go until we move past the coal, oil, horse and carriage style era of doing things, heck some armor for our troops is made in China.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's economics. They can produce stuff on the cheap, and since people are cheapskates deep down inside, people will buy their stuff. Heck I assembled my own PC because I won't pay Dell an extra RM500-1000. What for? I can assemble it myself.

Malaysia just celebrated it's 50th Independence Anniversary, but all the flags we were waving were made in China
It's cheaper than local cotton, and it's polyester, so it'll last in the rainforest environment

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I heard that some U.S. Flags are made in China.

They considered having jobs for citizens in America, then they realized that jobs in America are not needed so now China makes them.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
LOL-has anyone here figured out what would happen if we stopped our trade with China (beyond the numbers?). My guess is no. Do some REAL economic studying and research and not just google articles and topics and come back and play.

new topics

top topics

join