It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to people who talk indiscreetly about the wrong things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
About two years ago, when I started writing the book about Secret Societies, I was treating it all pretty much as a goof. Because listen, when it comes down to it, most "secret societies" consist of successful, bored people who want to run around in old houses or tunnels or lodges playing grabass by candlelight. Usually they've worked hard to get where they are and if that's their idea of fun, hey, who am I to judge? But in the process of doing some lighthearted research, I came across a woman who had what she thought was a very serious story to tell.

I mean, she was nuts. I don't want to sound judgmental, but she was stark raving howl at the moon crazy. Here's something you learn when you deal with people who have been ritually or systematically abused: they tend to be crazy. The fact that they are crazy (deliberately driven crazy) is one way the abuse stays covered up. "Oh, did she say that we did horrible things in order to program her? Well, she has always been...you know. Different".

I was in Colorado at the time and she had this idea that Columbine and the Ramsey case were linked, along with a huge mural in the Denver airport, the CIA oh and I think there were some Satanists in the mix as well. We met at a cafe, because I didn't really want her to know where I was staying. She seemed unstable on the phone.

For the next 2 hours, she told me the most bizarre, implausible, completely ludicrous tale I've ever believed. She claimed that she had been the victim of Illuminati mindkontrol techniques from a very young age and that she had been part of their Monarch sex slave program. The details were chilling and what was more chilling was that she obviously believed every word. She kept looking out the window and all around the cafe, like she expected to be strangled at any moment. She couldn't even finish. Her cellphone kept ringing and she'd check the number and put it away without answering. Finally she said "I shouldn't have ever talked to you, now we're both in danger". I believed her. That afternoon I felt like half Fox Mulder, half Hunter S Thompson.

After having drinks with friends I was able to laugh everything off and write my own credulity off as contagious insanity, folie a deux. I patted myself on the back for letting an obviously disturbed woman tell her story without judging her and hoped that maybe the whole thing had been cathartic for her.

I caught a flight home a few days later. What I found when I got back to my apartment made me feel like I'd been nutchecked by an angry kung fu master.

Nothing in my apartment had been disturbed. Nothing was out of place. Except that in my bedroom an entire wall was full of deeply personal e-mail correspondences with friends, relatives and my girlfriend that had been printed out from my computer and taped to the wall. Some particularly tender or personal passages in each mail were circled in red ink.

I'm generally a pretty calm guy, but that night I checked into a hotel and spent the next few days staying with friends.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have no idea whether you are telling the truth or not, but if you are I would suggest posting whatever she told you on this site someplace and possibly elsewhere on the web. They can't come after everybody.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Interesting story.

Aren't you a little concerned to be "stirring up that hornet's nest"? 'Cause you'd think this venue would be watched for those type of revelations.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
i don't suppose that you considered having the tape examined by the police for fingerprints? did you even report it to them? was the pen yours and if so, is it still there?

funny that you mention hunter s thompson. are you aware of the allegations against him (and a possible reason for his 'suicide') in regards to what the woman told you?

if it was only 'personal' and not 'incriminating' stuff that was being highlighted then you have nothing to feel threatened by as its just a scare tactic. go public with the allegations she made.

be warned though, if you do post it here then expect it to be gone through with a fine toothcomb by some members - nothing personal you understand

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And what about the woman? Identification? Any chance to hook up with
her again?
They can't get us all.

If this was two years ago, what if anything has happened since?

(Hold on, there's someone knocking on my door.)

Funny, . . . . .nobody there.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sounds like a Mack Bolan novel. The only thing you left out was when you went into the rest room for a 'rodgering'

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Justyc: Yes, I'm aware of the allegations re: Thompson and a particular snuff film he was supposed to have "directed". My impression of that anecdote is that the person who introduced himself as "Hunter Thompson, from Las Vegas" to the other people on the plane was just making a reference to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas since Vegas was where they were heading. There was really nothing else about the story that indicated the man really was Thompson. It would be nice to have had a physical description of the man, but there's no good evidence (of which I am aware) to support the idea that HST was involved in any of that.

In response to Siege, Saturn and MrPenny:

I'm not really concerned for my own safety. Don't get me wrong, I'm a coward from a long and distinguished line of cowards, but it does take more than scare tactics to really rattle me. I'll be happy to post parts of what the woman told me later. It was kind of a long story and I need to decide the best way to post it, especially since some of what she said was rather harsh and I do not relish repeating it.

There has been some other harassment over the course of the past two years. Not all of it has been centrally orchestrated by a single cabal...but when you write things that are irksome to: Skull and Bones, Scroll and Key, Scientology and the Mormons (among others) you have to expect various and diverse sorts of petty games and threats.

The absurd thing about the incident I described, though, is that if not for the breakin and vandalism, I would have simply laughed off everything the woman said to me and assumed she had been subjected to sickening but banal brutality growing up and had constructed a romanticized, Munchausenesque fairytale to try to come to terms with a very sad life. God knows I'd have pitied her, I'd have felt for her, but I'd have never believed her, you see.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why did you bring this to ATS? If you need help then more information is needed. Describe the woman. What exactly did she reveal to you?

Your story reminds me of someone going to a doctor looking for a cure without giving the doctor the symptons of the illness.

You say you are from a long line of cowards yet I don't seee where you are actually in fear.

Again, please share more information as I have not seen evidence that the members of this site are cowards. Interesting story but without more facts ......well.....the interest will cease. This is MHO and not that of the membership.

top topics

join