It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old U2U's Being Removed 9/10/07?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Will there be any thought given to those of us who purchased additional space with our points?

When we enabled a system to increase the U2U storage quota some three years ago, we never anticipated members would end up storing thousands of messages that are important within a system that has no Service Level Agreement to ensure data retention. We'll likely end up with a combination of maximum quota, maximum age, and user-enabled offline backup.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That sonds like a good plan and hopefully it will reduce any lag in the system. Downloaded saves makes much more sence than filling up ATS storage with non thread material. I'd rather spend points (and cash) on an ATS t-shirt anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I love the idea of offline archiving. Lord knows I have enough space to keep my u2u's on my PC.

If I ever fill 500GB with u2u's I'll take a long vacation

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just so people know, the date was switch to the 15th...

Beginning Sept 15th, 2007, all U2U's more than 120 days old will be automatically removed.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I love the idea of offline archiving. Lord knows I have enough space to keep my u2u's on my PC.

Yeah, me to.
I would rather save them on my own space than take up ATS space.
It would be nice to have a button to back-up any U2Us you get to a text file, and once saved it would delete from ATS.
Not sure how all this would work.

I'll make a point of deleting any U2Us I don't want over the next few days, if just to ease the load. But I look forward to an option to save the ones I want with just the click of a button.

One more thought..........
What if that button would just send the U2U over to your registered e-mail acct. ???
An e-mail would preserve the links included, whereas a text file would not.

I guess I'll have to wait to see what Skeptic comes up with.

[edit on 10/9/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Way Of Salvation

Give me an easy way to back up U2Us to my hard drive and a "delete all" option for saved U2Us and I promise I'll be good.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Giving this thread a Bump as the erase date, as shown on the Member Center page, has come and passed with no effect yet.

Is there a plan for how to store U2Us offline yet? I am headed to China in two weeks and hope not to come back only to find I missed my chance and all my save data has been dumped.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, I did a backup with Free Download Manager, and all my U2Us disappeared and I was left with only the links...

I think I will put a warning in my signature not to use the U2U feature if the need exists to keep a copy...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This method might be a bit rough, but what about capturing the screen and saving important ones as a jpg. image.

It won't work for longer U2Us, and links won't work, but it's something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join