It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey All

Wasnt sure where this should go so put it in here. If incorrect can the admins please move it to the appropriate section. Everyone talks about the UK being a test bed of Big brother society but Ifound this article which gives the impression China is years ahead of many other countries. Which comes as no real surprise to me.

www.strategypage.com...

The articles doesnt give sources for its information, if I can find anything else out I will add the links to this post.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'd say North Korea takes the cake as far as authoritarianism goes. Still, China's internet censorship, ID cards, and intrusive surveillance are very worrying. Video cameras are becoming much more common everywhere, actually. I recently read an article that described efforts by the Department of Homeland Security to equip many areas with cameras. The funding for this program was a few million, apparently: [www.privacydigest.com...]

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Luap]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are you kidding? What is the point or direction you would like to see this thread move in? I am not clear. I am not being rude just curious?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The above post compelled me to contribute at least
something worthwhile to this thread.

If ya'll are so curious, this has been 'discussed' here on ATS:

Say 'Big Brother' in Chinese

China To do mass survielence with U.S. help

In China, a High-Tech Plan to Track People

The Chinese are getting help from US companies.

“We have a very good relationship with U.S. companies like IBM, Cisco, HP, Dell. These are all very good partners with us,” said Robin Huang, the chief operating officer of China Public Security. “All of these U.S. companies work with us to build our system together.” source

In the threads above I was hoping for some input on the
American-financed company, China Public Security Technology:

China Public Security Technology, the company providing the technology. Incorporated in Florida, China Public Security has raised much of the money to develop its technology from two investment funds in Plano, Texas: Pinnacle Fund and Pinnacle China Fund. Three investment banks, -- Roth Capital Partners in Newport Beach, Calif.; Oppenheimer & Co. in New York; and First Asia Finance Group of Hong Kong, -- helped it raise the money.

www.thenewstribune.com

I don't really think the Chinese are years ahead of other countries'
Big Brother projects, but they are just as motivated in its implementation.

new topics

top topics

join