It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation a myth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Exactly why I think it's a bunch of crock.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I don't mean only life on this planet being destroyed, I mean life everywhere.
How would reincarnation work if all life was destroyed then?

Both scientists and creationists are of the opinion that life at one point did not exist, but later came into existence, correct? That being the accepted idea, if life ceased to exist there is a high likelihood of it returning at some point.

After all, if you have an immortal soul, a few million/billion years is like a drop in the bucket when having to wait to return back to life.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Imo, Reincarnation helps to explain a lot of life's mysteries. Such as the seeming inequalities we see around us every day.

Some examples would be child prodigies. Those who are born and die of starvation or disease shortly afterwards. Those who are born into great wealth or fame. Those who are born very poor. Those who are born with disease. People who excel in one (or more) field or area beyond others at a young age. etc.

To put it simply, if you did an overabundance of 'bad' things in one life, that caused others undue suffering of any kind, you could expect to have to experience similar bad things in your next life, so you could learn to understand what you have put them through.

But if you lived a 'good' life and helped others to a greater degree than hindered them, you could then expect a future life of many good experiences and again a return of what you gave.

So makes perfect sense to me that reincarnation is a very real possibility.

Why would anyone want to incarnate here? I feel it is often to learn and grow, but also some people come here to help others to learn and grow.

If all life died in the physical universe, what would we have to reincarnate into? What makes you think the physical universe is the only place you could reincarnate into? There just may be many different universes or dimensions one could go to and not just the physical universe most of us are currently aware of.

Imo reincarnation is a gift. Another chance to get it right, to do the right thing and to learn and grow. A gift from an all wise creator. After all, we are just spiritual beings borrowing a physical body for a very short time. Use your time wisely.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join