It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rumor - Castro may be dead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Uncorroborated rumors that Cuban President Fidel Castro had died or suffered a stroke buzzed around Miami-Dade County on Friday, with anxious callers inundating police departments, media outlets and exile groups.

www.miami.com...
What if castro is really dead. Just think about it. Will they revolt and become a democracy? Maybe Bush would make Cuba the 51st state, sweep their votes and win the 2004 election. Hey there's still time.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well obviously Castro knows he's going to die someday, and I'm sure he wants to leave some kind of legacy so I imagine he'd have some contingency for when he's dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Probably just another rumour, this all stemmed from a colombian mayor saying he was very sick.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If this is true, I wonder how their government system will change, and how fast.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
About time, he has been here long enough.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by surfup]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hasn't there been rumors about him being dead before?

I'm sure he's quite fine

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The best rumour mill is the streets of Havana.

When Castro goes and it is not likely to be soon, I would expect a moderate to take his place so that Cuba can open up to the world again.

I do not see Cuba being part of the US but it would enter in existing trading blocks which would greatly benefit the country.

new topics

top topics

join