It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"Money is the root of all evil"

I'm sure we've all heard that before, and as I think more and more... it truly is. I've been thinking about it for the past month, and just listening to what everyone has to say. I'm honestly tired of people saying this in their arguements: "We don't have enough money to do that!" or "Their using OUR money on that".

You want to figure out the NWO? It starts with something that's green and made of cotton and ink. This is how they control anyone they damn well please, and they'll be able to too. Because they have us believing that it's impossible to survive without money, which is wrong. If all the money in the world was gone tommorow, the world would still go on the same way.

Everyone in here loves money more then they love god or whatever their higher power in their religion is. They can make us do anything with money... anything. Hell, some people are stupid enough to kill themselves for it. Money is the root of all evil, money is what keeps the NWO alive, Money makes the world spin (I can see it, "Oh no! The worlds stopped spinning! Do we have enough money to make it spin again?").

Am I the only person alive who realizes how stupid we all look when it comes to the word "money"?

You know, it's pretty pathetic when they make us give them a piece of paper just to eat. If you want to hunt for your own food, you need money to buy your weapons that you choose to use against the animal. You want to plant your food (vegetarians)? You got to pay for your seeds. Hell, we practically got to pay just to be religious and say gods name. If you want to go to heaven, you got to pay the government for that first. Do you honestly think we were put on earth to pay to live? we were put on earth to help each other... to survive and suffer for our sins. Instead we got to pay to help people. That is not just a christian thing to say, that is an obvious thing to say. Look around, think about what your really here for. Your here to live, why are we paying to live?

That's the real conspiericy. Probably a key in figuring out the NWO.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's too bad you registered too late to meet a guy who used to post here named Unbalanced. Probably the most paranoid guy you could ever meet.

He lived without hot water and refused to heat his house because he didn't want to be a slave to the system like the rest of us. In some ways I admire that a lot.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
but he still used a computer? what a rebel

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
He lived without hot water and refused to heat his house because he didn't want to be a slave to the system like the rest of us. In some ways I admire that a lot.

I admire it too. Though I never met him. Was he paranoid? No. Realizing how money is worthless is not paranoia. Could I do it? I must admit that even I'm taken in by money... I don't want to be, but it's like smoking ciggerate's... it's an addiction. Only it's one that no one ever get's rid of.

EDIT:
Lol, dunkle.
I didn't even think of that. good point.
But if there were a guy like that in real life (not computer) this post would be directed to him.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by DerekpacIsAlive]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

Who knows if it was his computer or he was at a cyber cafe. Come on! The guy lived without hot water or heat.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
DerekpacIsAlive, the truth is you can't live without money. Is this a tool of controllers you ask, no it is not. Money is a medium of exchange, we work for it so that we can provide for ourselves and our families.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

DerekpacIsAlive, the truth is you can't live without money. Is this a tool of controllers you ask, no it is not. Money is a medium of exchange, we work for it so that we can provide for ourselves and our families.

by any chance have you ever heard of trading? You know, I'll trade you food if you work for me. Your honestly taken in if you believe what you just said. I repeat, if all the money in the world was gone today the world would still work the same way tommorow. I mean think about it, do we HONESTLY have to pay to go to the moon? C'mon! You honestly can't be that taken in to believe they actually need money to get there. They ALREADY have the sources! Seriously, your taken in if you honestly believe we NEED money.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'll tell you right now. If money all disappeared tomorrow, billions would starve in a matter of weeks. No one has the means to barter anymore. Those who did barter back in the day lived in relative poverty. Now I'm sorry if you think I'm taken in, but it works both ways. Who is more of a slave, one who is absolutely broke and on deaths door, or the person who is rich enough to provide for financial freedom. If you follow any chain of logic whatsoever you would realize that financial freedom is closely tied to personal freedom.

Do we have to pay to go to the moon? You have to pay manufacturers, petroleum providers, professional astronauts and ground personnel. I can't even list all of the possible expenses to go to the moon. But this country is not a communist one. The government must pay private contractors for their services otherwise it places them in a defeceit. Don't be ridiculous. Do we need money to live in a modern society? YES! Everything mankind has achieved since the agricultural revolution has been the result of it.

The trick is not not let it dominate your life. It's a personal preference whether or not to be greedy.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Unbalanced was pretty keen to regard Hot Water as an extravagance...

money & the desire for money....causes many problems

see: www.bloodbankers.com
see: www.SubmergingMarkets.com

on one of those pages your will find a notorious top 20 of NWO figures...clik the pics & read a bio 'bout them

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Money

I'm sure we've all heard that before, and as I think more and more... it truly is.

The quote is not quite accurate.

1st Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Money is not the root of all evil evil. The love of money is.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

Who knows if it was his computer or he was at a cyber cafe. Come on! The guy lived without hot water or heat.

i lived a while without hot water or heat or women (cause it's expensive u know) or oven .. in india..
Maybe the guy was in a similar country..

Capitalism? Blame meat consumption again.. cattle are the origins of the microchipchip implants soon in our hands. Not in mine though, i'm vegetarian

''Cattle are described by the author as mankind's "first working capital asset" (page 41). The religious use of cattle for sacrifices probably preceded their adoption for more general monetary purposes. For sacrifice quality - "without spot or blemish" - was important but for monetary purposes quantity was of more significance since cattle, like coins, can be counted. Obviously there were very practical reasons for the association between cattle and wealth but anthropological evidence from Africa in very recent times shows that when cattle are regarded as a form of money, not only health cattle but also scrawny ones will be valued to the detriment of the environment supporting them and their owners.

Glyn Davies quotes linguistic evidence to show how ancient and widespread the association between cattle and money was. The English words "capital", "chattels" and "cattle" have a common root. Similarly "pecuniary" comes from the Latin word for cattle "pecus" while in Welsh (the author's mother tongue) the word "da" used as an adjective means "good" but used as a noun means both "cattle" and "goods".

The author also cautions that "one should not confuse the abstract concept of an ox as a unit of account or standard of value, which is its essential but not only monetary function, with its admittedly cumbersome physical form. Once that is realized (a position quickly reached by primitive man if not yet by all economists or anthropologists), the inclusion of cattle as money is easily accepted, in practice and logic." (Page 41). He also points out that until well into the present century the Kirghiz of the Russian steppes used horses as their main monetary unit with sheep as a subsidiary unit. Small change was given in lambskins.''

from this very interesting essay ; Origins of Money and of Banking

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Have you ever found yourself wondering WHY it is so extraordinarily difficult for the ordinary man or woman to flourish financially in this world? ...

Most of us sense in our bones that there is something VERY amiss with the so-called 'Science' of Economics. People go away to universities and study for years and get degrees in this subject and then go out into the wide world with this 'knowledge' that they've acquired and then find that they are powerless to change anything of moment in the workaday world ...

"Banks lend money that doesn't exist - credit - and charge you interest on it! If I gave you something that doesn't exist and then asked you to pay me for it, you might consider calling the police. If I gave you something that doesn't exist and said that if you don't pay me for it I will take you to court and take your property away, you might say we lived in a fascist state. Yet what I have just described is the banking system of the world and the means through which both people and governments are drowning in debt. And what does debt equal? Control.

The Great Debt Scam - or How The Banks are Striving to Covertly Control All of Society

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In keeping with the fact that money is basically a medium of exchange, it is basically a unit of currency. Banks may lend you "credit" but this credit does exist. The units of currency you use on credit have a value that is justified by the items you purchase with it.

Why do banks charge interest? Because they are giving interest to people who let the bank use their hard earned money, as in deposits.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

In keeping with the fact that money is basically a medium of exchange, it is basically a unit of currency. Banks may lend you "credit" but this credit does exist. The units of currency you use on credit have a value that is justified by the items you purchase with it.

Why do banks charge interest? Because they are giving interest to people who let the bank use their hard earned money, as in deposits.

Im no economist, but this should not be done. Interest and debt spending are what move money from the lower to the upper classes.

Its why the bible forbids it.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Money

I'm sure we've all heard that before, and as I think more and more... it truly is.

The quote is not quite accurate.

1st Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Money is not the root of all evil evil. The love of money is.

shortened, they still have the same meaning. I went into detail explaining why the love of money is taking us by the throat. I thought about it and i figured it was of no use for me talking about money here. I'm not here to change opinions, and if money truly is what i describe it as and theres still people who are clueless on this board, that is their fault. I will still have known.

The people who traded, traded because there was no such thing as money. Don't expect me to actually explain it to you, all you have to do is think. There is a deep thought in all of our heads that knows for some reason money is wrong. Just like that deep thought that could tell you that killing someone is wrong, you don't actually need a government to tell you that. it's all deep down. And I guess sense I'm such a deep person, that thought is more at the top of my head. It's so obvious that money is not what we mean it to be, I laugh at those who are actually taken in by the greed of it, and they defend the greed of it all.

No, if money was gone tommorow, not everyone would starve. there would still be people like me who are smart enough to develop a way to work it all out, and not dwell over a peace of paper from the past. Hell, you don't think that monkeys and apes have money do you? We're animals just like them. We're just more communative. So for all these inventions, all we'd have to do is communicate. Not give each other money. How about just give for the cause? You want to build a space ship? Well, I'll give you some extra tools that might be useful that i have laying around.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You will get your wish for money being gone tomorrow soon enough, it's only a matter of when this will happen, not if this is going to happen. The dollar will collapse.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAlive

shortened, they still have the same meaning. I went into detail explaining why the love of money is taking us by the throat. I thought about it and i figured it was of no use for me talking about money here. I'm not here to change opinions, and if money truly is what i describe it as and theres still people who are clueless on this board, that is their fault. I will still have known.

The people who traded, traded because there was no such thing as money. Don't expect me to actually explain it to you, all you have to do is think. There is a deep thought in all of our heads that knows for some reason money is wrong. Just like that deep thought that could tell you that killing someone is wrong, you don't actually need a government to tell you that. it's all deep down. And I guess sense I'm such a deep person, that thought is more at the top of my head. It's so obvious that money is not what we mean it to be, I laugh at those who are actually taken in by the greed of it, and they defend the greed of it all.

No, if money was gone tomorrow, not everyone would starve. there would still be people like me who are smart enough to develop a way to work it all out, and not dwell over a peace of paper from the past. Hell, you don't think that monkeys and apes have money do you? We're animals just like them. We're just more communicative. So for all these inventions, all we'd have to do is communicate. Not give each other money. How about just give for the cause? You want to build a space ship? Well, I'll give you some extra tools that might be useful that i have laying around.

I completely agree with you!! I am all for the barter and trade system. It is still used by some people. When I lived in Colorado, there was an annual "Mountain Man Rendezvous" where people follow a circuit all around the country and barter/trade for goods and services to survive. They were some of the most down-to-earth people I have met, and they were genuinely kind.

Since they were not trying to amass a huge account balance, and it's impractical to own a bunch of personal belongings, they only used and carried what was needed. None of them were trying to get rich or gain power over anyone else. They just want to live their own lives, without the added baggage of money looming over them.

Our system of loans and credit is pretend. It's equivalent to writing "1 million dollars" on a piece of paper and depositing it at a bank. At one time, we were at least backed by gold. Now we don't even have that. We are in debt because we are increasingly incapable of living within our means. We want to do or possess things we cannot afford, so instead of saving up until we can, we take out a loan. The more people experience instant gratification, the more they want everything to be instantaneous. Eventually, it spirals out of control, which is what is now happening.

When the dollar crashes, we will switch to the euro, because nobody has any skills or goods worth trading or bartering for. Those that do are more concerned with losing their social status and influence than with reclaiming our economical independence. Also, the fact that we are reliant on international imports and "sweatshops" to supply us with the products we used to make ourselves, means that we are reliant upon the international monetary system to survive.

The funny thing is, if everyone really wanted to be out of debt, we could be. All we have to do is say, "All debts are forgiven. No country owes anything to anyone. Let's restart with a clean slate." Since all debts are now based on loans of electrons, rather than real, hard currency, they are nothing more than pretend numbers in a computer anyways.

It is so true that money is the root of all evil. It is the incubator and catalyst for human greed. Greed, of course, will exist with or without money, but money is definitely the "Miracle-gro" that has allowed it to flourish like it has.

We need to see life as more of a unified effort, to benefit everyone, instead of a individual effort to benefit only ourselves with complete disregard for how our actions affect others.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Excellent post, jezebel!

I was going to mention greed and the role that it plays. It is money, though, that allows greed to thrive in a very negative way.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Money rules us all. Every man and woman has a price. No matter what race, colour or creed we are all dominated by it. It is only made from paper, metal and now plastic but it's so powerful. You can get anyone to do absolutely anything if you offered them enough money. Rig elections, kill people, have sex with you etc etc...

Do you think we could survive without this "cash" world, If so how do you think it would be different, how would people get food and drink? how would people live?

new topics

top topics

join