It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. School Bans Tag On Its Playground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Colo. School Bans Tag On Its Playground

news.yahoo.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Tag, it's a dangerous game and should be banned from the world, like other dangerous games we HAD to play in school, like dodge-ball. (sarcasm)

I just can't believe how far things are going in the name of protecting people from harm or getting their feelings hurt.

I remember when I was in elementary school we had to climb a rope that was about 30 feet high in gym! I could see banning that, that was kind of dangerous, but TAG?

I just can't believe these kind of things are happening!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow, this is only happening now, I remember my elementry school banned everything, we couldnt play soccer or football, we couldnt play ANY card games, in the winter, we couldnt build snow forts, and the list goes on.

In no way does this surprise me, I bet we wont see the end of this any time soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
They're worried about the conflict involved?

....I thought growing up was learning how to deal with conflict...
I mean, isn't that the one pitfall to homeschooling? The kids are not socialized?

What social behaviors are we teaching children with this move? Complain enough to the authorities about your individual oww-ies and the problem will be removed. That's no way to deal with one's problems...

((I am, however, all for the removal of dodge ball from gym class. On the playground, I had the choice to play or not. But in gym class, the kids had to play, and so we had to get whomped on before being allowed to sit on the sidelines. That is a steaming pile o' bullplop right there...))

top topics

join