It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Managers Fired After Stopping Store Robbery!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Managers Fired After Stopping Store Robbery!!!

www.wsmv.com

Two Home Depot managers are out of a job for stopping a would-be robber from stealing from the store.

Dustin Chester was expecting praise for going above and beyond the call of duty at work. Instead he was given a pink slip.

"You think you're doing a good thing, and you get fired for it," said Chester.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thehighroad.org

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am really shocked!!! So any robber can walk into a store and steal something.. And laugh as they walk out the store.
They can say touch me and I will sue you so hard.
And make you lose the job you have!!!

By the time the cops get there, the robber is long gone?

Why is this world so freakin backwards????

I just cant belive this!! Really want kind of company would fire someone just for stopping a would be theif..

Reminds me of a story where a pizza shop owner got charged for shooting the guy that was robbing him..

The Robbers have more rights and the victums... Sad really..
I was a little mad when I heard this tonight...

www.wsmv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorry Mods, I thought I was on BTS when I posted this.. and my browser was on ATS.. opps, thanks for moving it

[edit on 30-8-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This scores one for the bad guys....

Where are all my superheros at???

We need some justice around here!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There are alot of businesses like that, more so in retail. They would rather call the police and have the police make the stop. Instead of any employee who might hurt themselves or better yet the criminal.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't agree with these guys losing their jobs, but in any major chain like Home Depot the rule is to do as the robbers ask.
Trust me, Home Depot's money isn't worth your own injury or even your life. Trying to be a hero will most likely cause yourself or your subordinates harm.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That's not the kind of company I'd work for anyway.

This kind of mentality is ruining America.

At least this employee can hold his head high and he won't have a problem finding a new job.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Every employee has to abide by the rules of the work place.

From the link provided..........

"Our policy calls for any associate that witnesses criminal activity to immediately contact the loss prevention or security officer assigned to the store, who is professionally trained to handle the situation in the safest possible way,” said spokesman Don Harrison.

Most of the reason for this is the lawyers and the litigious nature of U.S. society.:shk:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yep I have to agree with you guys.. On the fact that its not worth the life you have to stop some "bad guy"..

Yet I feel as if I am surrounded by lawyers and cowards!! Not the posters, but in general.. If more people made a stand, then the demons would not run amuck..

But thats the thing in this world.. We do let the demons run amuck.
Our leaders have all the money, and watch use fight and squirm. They laugh as they sit in their cozy million dollar homes..

Crime is what helps them get even richer. prices go up in stores, becasue of theives. Big biz loves that!! They make more money, and guess what.. so do the lawyers!!!

So if you see someone robbing an old lady.. Just sit back and call the cops.
Dont you do anything or you are the bad guy..

This world fills my heart with emotions I can not explain.. It makes me feel like I am in the most backwards soceity! I feel helpless, as sometimes I do think its worth my life to save another.. But thats just me..
Death is not the end, and to many people fear what is going to happen to you anyway.. ID rather die with honor, than a coward with no compassion for his fellow people.. IMO

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

That is the whole reason behind the movie the Incredibles. The only thing to stop the superheros were the lawyers and law suites. :bnghd:

It is a definite take off of what our society has become today. As the insurance boss said to Mr. Incrediable during the meeting. It was good that you let him - the thief robbing and hurting someone in the back alley - or you would have lost your job. As many of us want to do, throw that person through several walls. Too bad they weren't brick though.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thanks I will sertinly have to check that out..

I was up late tonight and found this family guy that fits right in..

You cant touch the Lawbreakers!! Unless you want to get sued, or end up hurting the preditor.. God forbid any harm comes to those who wish harm upon others...

new topics

top topics

join