It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commericial Airliners Attached Odd Lightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello ATSers,

I live near Newark International airport in NJ. Today i noticed that all the airliners have extra lightings attached that mimic a UFO. for ex: steady colors in all points like a triangle and blinking lights in the center.

I have also gone outside for a smoke and noticed the new lights today. These planes fly over my house several times a day and this is the first time i have ever seen anything like this.

Can you anyone confirm this in a different airport?

Please note that these planes do not land in newark but they fly going south and can be seen with the lights from Perth Amboy and Holmdel NJ.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Syntaxstealth]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Could the FAA be trying to cover something up? If people start seeing more and more actual UFO's with the classic 3 light triangle configuration they can brush it off as an airplane. Another control mechanism being put in place? Makes you think. The one thing they can not change and that is UFO's do not make loud jet engine sounds.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

I agree and the FAA rules and regulations state that the only time these lights should be on is when they are approaching the airport to land.

The external lights on aircraft fall into two general categories. The first is navigation lights or beacons that are always illuminated while the aircraft is in operation. A second type includes takeoff and landing lights that are used to improve visibility when the plane is close to or on the ground. Several of these lights are discussed in greater detail below.

Aerospaceweb.org

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've seen that here too. I watched some show a while ago on the dangers of airports and they were saying how one of the biggest dangers to planes is birds. At the time they said they were experimenting with blinking lights that somehow kept the birds away from the planes. I wasn't paying all that much attention to it, but when I saw the planes around here with those lights I remembered it looked just like what they were showing. Maybe they're implementing it into the major airports now.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Cheesecake

The lighting you are referring to is above. but its in a triangular shape. I seriously thought it was a UFO until i heard the noise seconds later.

However these lights do not shut off. They are seen from North NJ where i am located and when i visit family in center NJ and southern center NJ i can see the planes to the maximum height with this triangular lighting. There are only two colors.

Red and Orange. The center light continues to blink but at a much slower rate then before.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Syntaxstealth]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Im in CT. I havent seen anything lately, but have noticed a great increase in air traffic as of late. Im too covered with tree branches to see anything very clear,but last night one was so low that it made me literally jump out of my seat. Im not too far from parts of New Jersey so I found it relevant. But maybe Im just being super parinoid- It's a possibility!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Could the FAA be trying to cover something up? If people start seeing more and more actual UFO's with the classic 3 light triangle configuration they can brush it off as an airplane. Another control mechanism being put in place? Makes you think. The one thing they can not change and that is UFO's do not make loud jet engine sounds.

Yeah, right? Here's the BIG 'August False Flag' Op right here! You never know

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Those are standard lights. They use the wing root lights on climb and decent into the airport. Actually the regs don't say they only use them on landing. It says they use them on take off and landing. The red beacon in the center of the plane is on any time the engines are about to be started and while they are running, whether the plane is in flight or on the ground. It can be set to flash or to rotate on some planes. The wingtip lights are always on, and the strobe lights are on above certain altitudes to allow other planes to see them. The wingroot lights are used below a certain altitude to help the pilots see, but some pilots leave the ones that shine out onto the wings on for a lot longer than the runway lights. It depends on pilot preference.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

The places have been flying at a low altitude lately. However, when i took my flight to Boston it didnt feel as if i was that low.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the feedback. However, i do not see the point in being thousands of feet in the air and have triangular lighting on. These lights are a lot brighter then the standard lights.

I'm going to video tape one landing and video another from Holmdel. Maybe we can have a valid rebuttal with the visual evidence.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Syntaxstealth]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
As I said, strobes are always on, because it lets the plane be visible. We had a KC-135 testing a new strobe and the plane he was flying with could see him from 100 miles away. Just because it doesn't make sense to YOU doesn't mean that there isn't a good reason for them to be on.

As for the brightness newer planes are using much brighter lights. The Boeing 717 uses some of the brightest lights I've seen to date on a commercial plane. Again, it makes them MUCH more visible in flight.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by Zaphod58]

join