It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's toy video surfaces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The much discussed and most wanted video of K-toy was posted on google a few days ago. Strange that it was not announced. Finally someone from steorn's forum dug it out.

The video shows (or as is claimed) a small weight lifting a larger one with the help of magnets.

Google Video Link

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The use of his finger to 'reset' the 'machine' tells me this is useless, just as the original Steorn machine was and is. A magnetic motor never worked, never will work. Period.

Strange how they were never able to overcome the supposed "heat" issues that debunked their original "machine".

Laughable.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
besides the fact that the magnets will lose their charge over time. Magnets aren't free energy. No matter how the energy is harvested with them.

There will be no such thing as free energy. There will (is?) cheap energy but never free. You can't gain energy. For all we know we will be able to harvest enough energy to run the worlds energy from a cup of water, but you'll never build a machine that has a net gain of energy, impossible.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe the idea of 'free' energy is bunk.

But magnetic viscosity is pretty interesting - it is not free energy, but simply utilising energy that is stored and would otherwise be wasted. It may seem like free energy to the guys that really believe in the work they are doing, and in a sense it would be cos they didn't expect to find it - but I have yet to see any fundamental laws broken.

(I live in hope!)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The problem is even trying to harvest said 'wasted' energy results in a net loss greater than that of fossil fuels. The required energy to create a magnet is FAR more than that required to reduce said magnet to a useless state.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Maybe the idea of 'free' energy is bunk.

First we need not to worry about classifications. Free energy, zero point energy, aether, who cares where it comes from or what it should be called. Fact is we can get more out than in which would solve the worlds energy needs. Only problem is when an inventor steps up with a great invention, he gets stepped on. First stepped on by the energy, and oil companies for threating their monopoly, and then next by the science community and their "disbelief" in "free energy". I've never understand why people are arguing the fact that energy can't be created. These devices aren't trying to make energy out of thin air, its trying to harness the abundant energy already there.

"The problem is even trying to harvest said 'wasted' energy results in a net loss greater than that of fossil fuels. The required energy to create a magnet is FAR more than that required to reduce said magnet to a useless state."

I don't agree with this statement. It takes a momentary pulse of high energy for magnets, yet neodyniums can last hundred of years. It might be less energy to create a entire manufacturing plant, but we have to remember these plants can make more than one magnet a piece.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't agree with this statement. It takes a momentary pulse of high energy for magnets, yet neodyniums can last hundred of years. It might be less energy to create a entire manufacturing plant, but we have to remember these plants can make more than one magnet a piece.

Agreement does not change the facts. A man is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own facts. Perendev motors do not work.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nothing of interest was shown in the video - just a guy speaking and pushing a button in a device that showed actually nothing.

One more nail in the coffin of Steorn...

top topics

join