It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE 2009: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites (ATS, BTS, AP).

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for your reply I hadn't been around enough the past two years to realize that this was your baby full time & I guess that was kind of a cheap shot I made while in the anger of the moment about the subject matter- for that I apologize. You handled that very well my friend - perhaps better than I would have if reversed. Thank you.

I don't plan on going anywhere else unless compelled to do so. At this point in time this is the best place for the current subject matter. I hope in the future I may be able to add to it.

I think all is pretty well cleared up for me at this point - especially with the rats reference.

Thanks for all who contributed and clarified all. I'm done stirring the pot -over.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
All posters:

Sometimes you just got to roll with the punches if you are to see the truth, what lies outside society will be brought in but with the conduct that is suitable to presentation.

We are all a unit working for the betterment of mankind, let's not take things out of conduct or we could miss the bigger issue.

And I know how important it is to be anindividualbut are individual whole, relates to this foundation.

That foundation is TRUTH.

All sides have vaild points.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I am liking this idea more and more.

Some people would think that 5000 points (initially) is a hell-of-alota points to spend, however, I like to look at this as a milestone.

If a poster gets to '5,000 ATS points', without getting banned or warned or anything negative, this must show some sort of intelligence! Think about it.

What it means to me? People are thinking out of the box, denying ignorance, providing interesting posts, and most of all? - Complying with the TOC's.

I relish, and always look forward to the fact, of rules/regulations. Not because I'm an individual that is 'sheeple' < Apologies for that remark. I'm looking for a better word right now.

I'm GREATFUL to a place such as ATS' whereby we ALL have a say. And that this 'say' doesn't cross the lines where the majority is concerned. The people that come to this site will be of different ages. Not everyone is 'wise to the world'; and we have to take certain measures.

I remember reading a post somewhere, where a poster wanted to tell his girlfriend about ATS. He was worried about her reaction, as she wasn't privy to the 'goings on in the conspiratory world'. Many advices were given. I appreciated many posters responses, especially where the advice given: (paraphrasing) "Take it slowly, if she doesn't want to hear it...don't ram it down her throat." or..."Use caution/common-sense" when presenting information.

Caution....and Common Sense

Not everyone, wants to go on a 'full blown deer-hunt'. I certainly don't want to shoot a deer, gut it, de-blood it, and hang it for all to see....even if it's 'part of nature', or part of life. Let alone present any gory details to others, who may or may NOT be able to 'stomach/think' about my hunting prowess and the likes. Jeese, what if I said it 'like it is'? This may allow others (of younger minds/or those adults (who THINK they know what's good for the rest of us) to go out and mimic my actions of deer-hunting. SCRUPLES SCRUPLES SCRUPLES. Period.

This is what I'm talking about. Fine line to cross.

It's not just about denying ignorance, it's about presenting ideas for everyone to discern...and leave our mark on this world with clear conscious, that we have not only influenced our fellow man-kind, with important thoughts, we aspired beyond human frailties of any sort...and presented our minds/bodies and souls, to reach out to the best of our abilities...to those who follow in our footsteps.

~Ducky~

[edit on 6-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by masqua

I can see that the "quality of the post is everything" and I understand that the mods and staff much prefer to award applauds rather than warnings.

it's just that it's quite time consuming for someone like myself who generally prefers to post one-off comments and opinions on thread subjects, rather than offering some Eureka moment, Paul on the road to Damascus like, illuminating post, to acquire the required points to access RATS.
Still, I'm sure the wait will be worthwhile.

Let me ask a question. If you have the desire and the "time" to post here (and valid well thought out posts they are, which shows a sharp mind and an certain attention to detail) about the policies of ATS, is drugs the only subject you devote such time and consideration to?

You see, I've not been here much longer than you, yet because I have a wide range of interests, I have posted on many subjects. I have amassed enough points to join RATS without any difficulty, due to not be so narrow in my focus.

On the other hand, you seem to be on a crusade for only one topic. This could be the result of an agenda, narrow mindedness, or just plain unwillingness to be a part of anything outside of your own comfort zone. But in the spirit of denying ignorance, doesn't it seem logical that it should be more than one subject, at least for a mature adult?

Come over to the Space Exploration section and do a little research and post some things that show intelligence, and I assure you I will give points out, even for posts that I totally disagree with. Earn a little respect and it will carry over into your posts in RATS; so you'll be not only earning points to view those threads, but you'll be showing that you have the depth to be worth listening to on any subject.

I don't mean to sound harsh in any way with this post. But one trick ponies are a dime a dozen on the web. As long as you are specializing in drugs and that culture, to the exclusion of all else, you do not portray a well rounded personality of enough depth for me to take seriously. Specialization is for ants.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

All you have to do is click on my name to access my profile and you can easily find out what threads I CHOOSE to comment on.

I comment on relatively few threads which I read either because I feel I have nothing to contribute to the thread that other members haven't commented on, (thus avoiding the "yes, i agree posts so commonly seen which contravene T&C).

You in no way know my opinion on drug use or abuse, yet assume that because I am pro-discussing legalisation that I must be pro use.

I dislike censorship. End of!

There is no personal agenda; I have clearly stated that I accept the site owners right to run their site as they see fit and am not prepared to incur the wrath of SO. I therefore chose to post nothing else in this thread.

I suggest that before you post anymore smug, "I'm better and more learned than you" posts, you do a little bit of research on who you are calling out.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Hence...bringing 'aforementioned' subjects to another division of ATS?

What do you think about that NGC2736?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"We. the people....in order to form a more perfect union..."

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, is this how you take an invitation to a forum? Damn, you must be a real blast at parties. In that case, since you seek offense where none is offered, let me give you your choice of cheeks.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I just don't get it how you think i'm on some personal crusade to legalise certain substances or that i'm a one trick pony.

I would never comment on what topic any other member decided to post on, I fail to see why it's such a concern of other's what I decide to post on.

I made my point and left it at that.

As far as an invite?
I thought it was an open forum here on ATS. (except on RATS!).

Parties? No shortage of invites there, i assure you.

I suspect you did not intend to offend, but there is a certain element of arrogance, smugness and intellectual superiority about your post that got my hackles up.

As I stated in a previous post, accruing points is not my reason for visiting ATS, they are quite irrelevant to me.
I enjoy reading most of the threads and comment when I feel like, not just to get points.

I have taken no long term offence, i've said my piece, enough is enough.
Indeed, I have previously enjoyed reading most of your posts, even in the space exploration forums which I read quite frequently.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, this has certainly run it's course. SkepticOverlord has explained this policy numerous times. All the answers to any questions are available in this thread.

Closed.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
UPDATE

Over the past several months, we have adopted a more lax approach to the interpretation of these rules as they apply to drug-related topics because automatic filtering of our domain is not as much of a concern. As of this post, that has ended and we will now have a complete no-tolerance approach for any discussion of personal drug use.

There are logical exceptions that will require judgement calls on the part of our staff.

1) News stories about legalization of certain drugs will be inevitable as even political figures are talking about this. We will allow coverage of such stories, but no posts that discuss personal use will be tolerated, and such posts will be deleted without warning.

2) Conspiracies that involve historic and contemporary government ties to drug trade, such as the CIA/FBI involvement with coc aine and the current conspiracies involving the poppy fields of Afghanistan. But personal use discussion will be removed without warning.

3) Discussion of illicit mind-altering substances that are not technically illegal (such as shrooms or glue) will not be allowed... and thread starters subject to immediate post-bans.

4) Discussion of stories that involve drug use of celebrities and other public figures would be allowed, but again, no personal use posts will be tolerated.

5) Discussion of conspiracy and/or political scandal related to the war on drugs will be tolerated, but personal use posts will be deleted without warning.

Multiple attempts to inject conversation about personal drug use, or advocating the use of illegal drugs and mind-altering substances will result in the banning of your account.

Game over. We tried. Sorry.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join