It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African shaman performing levitation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is probably from Africa Adio or such films that came out in the late 70's claiming to real documented footage.
Faces of death etc that claim to be authentic.Man being eaten by aligators,monkeys brains for dinner which was all faked.
Even the guy in the electric chair was fake,he deserved an Oscar.

The camera angels never show his full body esp the back as he's attached to a lifting device.Only his feet and head are shown.
Im sure most decent cameramen/women would step back and get the whole picture but nope,but this guy purposely makes an effort not to show the whole thing from side angles.Just zoom in on head and feet?

The darkness covers the crane behind,like curtains in levitaion acts by bad magicians from yesteryear.
Everyone was in on it,it just sounds good because of the narators accent.(who was probably in on it too)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Great footage though cheers for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think this is one of the most amazing video's I've seen in a long time!
We all hear of African shamans who are able to levitate but great that someone finally recorded a video of it!

I wonder what technique they use? lol

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Please people. One thing that you will never, never, never, ever be able to do, is to bring someone one to me, wearing a speedo or a bikini, and have them levitate, just for me, out in my driveway. You always have to come to them, always part of a show. Sometimes I feel like I'm disucssing the existance of Santa Claus with a child when I talk about this. People cannot levitate. Birds can't either, they need wings.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm not sure if this was real or not but how much money do you think he's really going to be getting for that?
You can't compare it to Chris Angel whos getting millions of dollars for his tricks.

Real or not there are people who can float, monks and shamans in different parts of the world, but they most likely would not do it for T.V as it against there morals to show off and be materialistic like America.

I saw a few people posts saying there no such thing as magik, you must be utterly retarded or just have not left your home from under the rock you been living under.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

how do you that all of it is fake of his how can someone float so high off the ground and it be a trick if u wached some of his shows maby u would understand where im coming from

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

dude right u rule

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

WOW great post. This will become more popular than the Bacon and Eggs post I hope.

Well now thats its possible. Maybe we should all try. Did the ring of fire had anything to do with that?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Interesting discussion here. I believe there is a supernatural realm where such things may be possible, but not necessarily in the way that the "believers" describe. I've heard people describe such an event as the manipulation of natural or supernatural forces. For instance, Gnostics say that when the Tattva Vayu (etheric principle of the air) is vibrating (the different tattvas vibrate at different times of the day, calculated from exact sunrise) that great yogis are able to mentally manipulate it and use it intelligently when they want to float on the air. I keep an open mind to the supernatural because I see life itself as suggesting the supernatural. We don't really know what life is and how it came about, but we just accept it. But I extend my open-mindedness to include the possibility that this levitation phenomenon could be a hoax, if not from the human realm, then from the supernatural realm itself. Just as Adam and Eve were tempted in the garden to accept some "higher knowledge", so here is the temptation to pursue some "higher spiritual " activity along with some logical sounding explanations as to what it's all about. If we're going to be open minded, we should also be open minded to the possibility that the "trick" here may not be in the possibility of performing the feat, but in the source of that ability, namely, demonic.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
I wanted to believe this was real and got ready to see something extraordinary. I'll talk you through my thought process as I watched it though:

1. Lookie there! He's rising right off the ground!
2. Wow! He's high enough so that you can see the flames behind him, and there doesn't seem to be anything holding him up back there.
3. Hmm I really wish they'd show it from another angle.
4. Ok, at least they're zooming in on him. Looks real enough. Too bad they're not circling him so we can see for sure that there's nothing holding him up.
5. Hey! There's another camera guy over there! Are they actually gonna show the footage from that camera?
6. COOL! They're showing it!
7. Hmm, why aren't they panning up and down the length of his body to show that he's actually floating un-aided?
8. They're just showing him from the shoulders up.
9. *CUT* now they're just showing his feet.
10. Ah! Now they're panning back up WHOOPS something knocked the camera a little to the left, but there's his head again.

This is probably very similar to the way you all watched it, whether you noticed these things consciously or not. The footage we were all waiting for, the "money shot" was cleverly left out. If someone took the time, money and other resources to get two cameras out there to get visual proof of this act, they failed miserably.

Agent Violet, I believe that indigenous 'holy men' are very much into pulling pranks. I can't really back that up
but you've probably heard some of the same kind of stories and folklore that I have.

That ENTIRE thought process was just about the same as what I was thinking!

I especially was waiting for them to show between the shoulders and the hips from the side or back, and they never showed it. I believe it was a trick.

It did look a LOT like he was trying to maintain his balance on something. And, I noticed that the focal point of his swaying seemed to be around his hips or waist.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Exactly. All I can really say about it is that if the incident was an actual levitation, the footage failed to document it. Making the entire thing a waste of time. If I was the filmmaker and I witnessed the shaman levitating with my own two eyes I would still throw out this footage because it fails to show that.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix
I think this is real! You can see one of the cameraman rushing up trying to figure out if there's something 'off' with this thing, which I think he didn't find. Who knows what other groups of people know that the mainstream doesn't? I've seen stories of Voodoo priests killing chickens by 'goat staring'

Criss Angel is nothing compared to this guy. Criss Angel's 'Icarus effect' uses some kind of leverage brace to make himself float but only a few inches off the ground, behind a curb. You can buy plans for the Icarus effect on the internet but it costs like 600 dollars for knowledge on how to do the Criss Angel type floats.

This shaman is the real deal, I think

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a trick. We never see the back of the shaman, only his side. The second camera man clearly is shooting the man's back, but we never see that angle. David Copperfield and Criss Angel do the trick a little better. The video does seem old like the one poster stated, from the 1970s when New Age stuff was really in. Does anyone still have their old pyramid power hats?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think it is real, but where does he derive the powers from?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ah, the old pole over the barrel trick. The backdrop is always the giveaway. It is so obvious what the camera man is avoiding.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Ah, the old pole over the barrel trick. The backdrop is always the giveaway. It is so obvious what the camera man is avoiding.

I don't see any poles or barrels. The dude was preparing for hours....probably summoning demons/angels(depending on his belief system) before performing live. People were there and saw the whole thing.

How can someone fake that?

The guy fell down and was exhausted! If it was fake he would be much more proud, almost casual like.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This video may contain footage of an actual levitation. Unfortunately, what it doesn't contain is _proof_ of such an event.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join