It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Remains of Second Temple in Jerusalem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
somewhere in the 2,800+ responses i've made over the years...one might find a reference to Solomons Temple Lithuanian 'Amber'

but the crux of my 'theory' is that the scripture noted place known as the
"Mountain of Luit' is in fact the well known 'Amber-Deposits' region in the modern land called Lithuania.

so, there was Trade & commerce between the 800-700 BC cultures of the
peoples of the Baltic regions and the Middle-East.
which begs the question of how did Solomon know to obtain Amber from a distant source?
they sure didn't have telecommunications as we have today...and the Baltic sea peoples are Way far away from any 'Silk Road' routes->>
so, that knowledge of quality amber sources must have been pretty well known, even in the ancient world....

my focus was not on the Kingdom of Solomon's Israel,
so much as the commerce & trade which a far flung/distant Lithuanian people were engaged in....with this war centered people (Israelites)

[edit on 30-8-2007 by St Udio]

Yes, there was a rather extensive relationship, at least it would seem, between the ancient peoples of the middle east and asian worlds and with Lithuania. This relationship is an area of 'personal interest'. I beg to differ with you on one area -- the idea that you maintain regarding the phrase 'mountain of luit' as, somehow, referring to Lithuania.

First off, the idea that there is a "mountain" in Lithuania is erroneous. At best, you might consider Lithuania as having a few hills. No one could call one of these Lithuanian hills anything but hills!

Secondly, the word 'luit' is not a reference to Lithuania at all. Lithuanians regarded or called themselves 'Lietuvai' and their land 'Lietuva' -- land of rain.

You are very correct in recognizing that these Lithuanian peoples are an old race.... although shrouded in mystery, the Lithuanian language is a Indo European language which is considered by many as being one of the 'purest' unadulterated languages still spoken today that has a clear relationship to Sanskrit.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join