It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boo! The new scare tactic is $9 gas if we leave Iraq!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Boo! The new scare tactic is $9 gas if we leave Iraq!

www.attytood.com

WASHINGTON -- Gasoline prices could rise to about $9 per gallon if the United States withdraws troops from Iraq prematurely, Rep. Jon Porter said he was told on a trip to Iraq that ended this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I had to also add this thread. Read this article , It seems this is the most important issue to the American population. I would suggest visiting the survival forum.

www.attytood.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Let them raise it to $9 a gallon and the American people will finally show their Gov't that a boot will fit up their arse. Their choice.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head there dntwastetime. "Scare tactic" pretty much sums all this up.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I find how its funny how gas (where i lived) was only like $2.25/gallon before Katrina, then it shot up to $3.75/gallon and has been around that mark ever since, now they are saying $9.00/gallon if we leave Iraq. It makes me wonder what things would be like if Katrina hadn't of hit where it did. Big oil deffinetly got lucky with that storm.

[edit on 30/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is the problem, we are already at WAR on American soil! Agents, Sean Hammity and O'Riley factor has not told us yet! The war NOW is a was of the mind, and soon to be of the flesh.
The people do not want to deal with the "Conspiracy Stress". When freedom is gone from America, it is gone from the planet, and Gods natural experiance is completely under the control of lucifer.

Free America!!! Grow some Guts !!!!

[edit on 30-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am with I SEE YOU on this one. I would love to see gas rocket up to 9 bucks a gallon! It may not be enough to shake the People out of apathy but it's certainly a poke in the eye!

I wonder if they are really going to use this as a main selling point for staying in Iraq

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I hope it goes above $9 per gallon. Maybe then people will start to take a hint and find alternative methods of automotive propulsion. But somehow I think the people will keep letting their government screw them harder and harder. They will just sacrifice things they normally buy to pay for gas, or go into debt even deeper. Just look at the price of gas in European countries. That should tell you that the people don't mind getting screwed.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Iraq is outputting minimal amounts of barrels per day, compared to any other time.
so how exactly will it cause such a dramatic shift in fuel prices?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Iraq is outputting minimal amounts of barrels per day, compared to any other time.
so how exactly will it cause such a dramatic shift in fuel prices?

You are correct that Iraq is outputting hardly anything. I think the main concern though here is the potential for regional chaos. If we pull out there is a very good chance of territorial civil war breaking out. This will be followed by Iran supporting the Shiites while the Saudis will support the Sunnis. Turkey could invade Kurdistan. In other words, if the US leaves there will be a vacuum where all the major regional powers will be fighting for gains. This could result in great instability across the middle east which ultimately means greatly reduced oil exports..

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I tell you all something, I wish the gas will go up to 20 dollars so people will start screaming and doing actually something to demand alternative oil.

I want 20 dollars gas, so bring it on.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
More false statements and fear-mongering from our government. I think this administration may have broken a record by now of the number of scare-tactics it has used. I probably can't back that with data as it would be hard to come by, but I'm thinking I'm close to right.

[edit on 8-30-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I agree,
A vaccum will engulf the surrounding nations to intervene.
But if it does become a sustainable military confrontation between nations... they are going to need all the income they can get, to ensure they keep buying US Made munitions.

they'll need to keep pumping oil for the profits.

I mean, its not like saudi will turn off the pumps, and concentrate on war..
they'll keep them running, to fund their war...

Its unbelievable the manipulation played on the oil market.
here in Aus, 4-5 days PRIOR to a public holiday wknd ( 3 day wknd )
prices at the bowser JUMP 15-30c per litre, it varies across stations.

Now, there wasnt a significant drop in output from nations, nor was there a significant SHORTAGE during this time. Its the oil mongrels making a quick buck, of an already cash strapped citizen during a time when obviously, he's going to enjoy his long wknd more than usual.
Its criminal, just like its been a criminal situation since the year 2000.

To me? It says... that the US corporate entities that control the government also, like the saudi's.. need funds to manage their wars.
They cant just increase taxes, or take money from the bank.. so they'll drastically increase fuel, blame it on the enemy and make the public MORE outraged, outraged enough to 'actually' believe its 'their' fault and not the choice of oil baarons.

I agree 100% Marg.

It seems no one cares until it hits 'their' back pocket.

People dying... I still have my money.
Lies and deceipt.. I still have my money.
Curropt governments.. I still have my money..
Corporate control.. I still have my money...

HOLY CRAP $20 petrol.. REVOLT! REVOLT!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
you know oil would be no problem if the tree hugging liberals would let us build more refineries and let us drill for oil in antwar and off the coast of florida... we have all the oil we need, just step out of the way with all your overbearing regulations and let us drill for it. it would mean the collapse of OPEC, we would be self sufficient, we wouldn't need to go take oil from iraq and iran, we wouldnt need to pay $9 a gallon. etc...etc..

"lets see save the spotted owl or buid a refinery..hmmm screw the refinery we can all ride bikes you aint killing my spotted owl mister"

[edit on 30-8-2007 by infiltr8u]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wish they would stop predicting the future. They have been wrong every time.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiltr8u
you know oil would be no problem if the tree hugging liberals would let us build more refineries and let us drill for oil in antwar and off the coast of florida... we have all the oil we need, just step out of the way with all your overbearing regulations and let us drill for it. it would mean the collapse of OPEC, we would be self sufficient, we wouldn't need to go take oil from iraq and iran, we wouldnt need to pay $9 a gallon. etc...etc..

"lets see save the spotted owl or buid a refinery..hmmm screw the refinery we can all ride bikes you aint killing my spotted owl mister"

[edit on 30-8-2007 by infiltr8u]

Or we could just buy more from Canada and Norway, etc. The US chooses to pay for Mid East oil because they can influence the price somewhat. Though, I'm sure Tesla has a patent in some archive in Washington that reveals how to obtain energy from the Ionosphere...Too bad we'll never see it.

[edit on 8/30/2007 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Vipassana
I think you've got it right, that's the logic that caused the statement in the first place - if we pull out of Iraq the region will implode around it in a mad rush and the chaos will spread.

As far as it actually coming true, if we retreat from Iraq, I have no idea. It's very possible that Iraqi Nationalism will successfully take control of the majority and beat back foreign influence. It remains to be seen.

As far as $9 gas...

Oil execs better spend the money they're making on extra security, because people will be pissed.

More to the point, if we withdrew from Iraq, maybe we could stop subsidizing the gasoline costs of Iraqi citizens, and start subsidizing the gasoline costs of American citizens. Okay, maybe not that last part, but at least if we withdrew we would save a ton of money that could be used in any number of other ways to move closer to energy independence.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The VW Lupo 3L TDI diesel, the company’s most fuel-efficient car, consumes 3 liters of fuel (“3L”) per 100 km (78.4 mpg US) and starts at €15,100 ($19,500).

The Telegraph (UK) reports that Volkswagen is cancelling its long-running project to develop a super-economy car: the “1-liter” car. The name comes from the design point of consuming 1 liter of fuel per 100 kilometers.
First revealed to the public at the VW annual general meeting in 2002, the prototype then consumed just 0.89 liters of diesel per 100 kilometers (264 mpg) on a demonstration drive.
But Volkswagen now says that it could not produce an ultra-economical car for less than €20,000 ($25,900)—too expensive for its target market.

Any diesel engine can be converted to run BioDiesel, SVO, or WVO...

Volkswagen has the answer to fuel independance with 100+ year old technology, yet none of you support them, so now we suffer. I can't belive I live in a country full of so many people who claim they want "the best" yet go out and buy the world crappiest cars from auto makers that couldn't engineer themselves out of a paper bag. Volkswagen means the "peoples car", educate yourself and you may learn how moronic battery driven or even hybrid gas engines are. SVO and WVO is a replenishable resourse, and a form of recyling concerning WVO.

In 1985 Volkswagen Golfs and Jetta diesels got 50mpg, you can buy a VW TDI(turbo diesel) for 1000-3000$ for a near mint car made in the MK II body style(1985-1992) that will get 50mpg. Stop supporting crap manufacturers!!!!

I know, lets use gasoline engines because we are stupid!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

i agree with you about diesel technology and using biofuels, but volkswagen isnt the only, or the best auto manufacturer out there. You talk about people not buying volkswagens but buying crappier cars, well i will direct your attention here..
money.cnn.com...

Most Volkswagen models were rated far below average for reliability. The all-wheel drive Volkswagen Passat received the lowest reliability rating of any vehicle in the survey.

from the article...

Least reliable
Volkswagen Golf (turbo)
Volkswagen Jetta (turbo)
Volkswagen New Beetle

the top five are the top five for a reason.
www.oligopolywatch.com...

i will say that volkswagen is trying alot harder in the diesel market than other carmakers, but if that 100 mpg comes with volkswagen reliability people still wont buy the damn thing. people want to buy a car that gets good mileage AND they can count on it getting them to work everyday.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
psh why stop at nine? why not make it an even number and make it 10 or 12 a gallon? I WANT THEM TO RAISE IT! GIVE ME SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join