It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta canada sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi.

I’d like to report a UFO that me and my brother saw last Friday night in Canada, Red Deer Alberta. We were looking for shooting stars on the porch while having a smoke when we saw it. It was around 12am – 3 am when it happened. (I’m not 100% sure of the exact time that it happened anymore)

The UFO was boomerang shaped with a pointed front. It was about the height of an average city radio tower. No noise what so ever. It wasnt easy to see - the color of it matched the sky. I mostly only saw the outline and mass of it but my bother tells me he saw faint lights on the front and back. It also looked wavy to me… like when looking through heat.

When we saw it, it moved from west to east directly above our heads. The sighting lasted about 6 seconds until it disappeared into the night going at a constant speed.

Here are some pics I made to show what it looked like from memory… Any other boomerang type sightings to compare this to? Has anyone here seen something like this before?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is very interesting, as I live in Alberta too (Cochrane) pretty close to Red Deer. However, it could have just been a B2 Bomber. Maybe it gave off the heat haze effect because of its engines? On the other hand, it could have been a UFO, so I'll be on the lookout tonight and see if I spot anything. Maybe they're visiting this part of Alberta.

mYst

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Do we even have B2 Bombers? I don't know much about our airforce.

[edit on 30/8/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think we do, but I heard that they were flying aircraft from different parts of the world to the Calgary International Airport. So they could have flown one over from the United States.

mYst

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It thats the case I don't see why they would be as far north as Red Deer.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe it was coming from or going to an Alaskan base? Or maybe they just wanted to fly it around a bit, who knows. But by the drawing he made, and when he said it was hard to see, it seems to me like it is a B2. So maybe Canada DOES have B2's.

mYst

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If it was a B2 Bomber, do you think they would have heard any noise from a B2 Bomber if it had flown right over top of them at a height of only a couple hundred feet? I would think these poor kids would be deaf if a B2 Bomber flew directly over top of them at that height... Don't B2 Bombers have blinking transponder lights on them? Arachnid69 didn't mention any transponder lights which I am sure would have been noticed on a massive craft like a B2 Bomber flying at only a couple hundred feet directly above their heads?

Arachnid, can you give any other details that you might remeber? What were the weather conditions that night? Did you hear anything at all from the craft?
Do you live on a hill or down in a valley? I ask to get an idea of your horizon when the craft left your view. Was it because the craft flew behind a hil, or over the horizon, or behind some trees, or whatever?

Cool message! Thanks for posting about it...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah your right, sorry I don't really know that much about aircraft. I thought B2's were really stealthy, so they would hardly make a noise. So that possibility is ruled out, making this story much more interesting. Like IronDogg said, please give some more info.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by myst36]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the replies.

It was a clear night. We could see lots of stars and the moon was bright. I’m in the city with houses around me. I can see fairly far into the horizon but we lost it into the darkness of the sky. It was silent. We didn’t hear anything. It didn’t have any FAA transponder lights or blinking lights that I could see. In fact I didn’t see any lights at all; my brother did which is why I included them in my art.

Red Deer is in a flat valley with some small hills. We need to drive a couple hours to see some real mountains.

We never saw it go behind any trees or anything like that. We just watched it go what seemed directly over us and it just blended back into the sky after about six seconds.

I’m sorry I don’t have much to add. It was a short sighting and one of my first too.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. I always like to read Canadian content.

I have no idea what you may have seen though... That is open for debate.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Last sunday i may have seen something similar to this. I was up near parry sound camping, and it must have been about 2 or 3am at night clear stary skies. When i see something big and black jsut fly across the inlet over the lake and vanish. I saw this for split second, but did follow it with my eyes. It must have been quiet, but went by fast, and it didnt seem to far from the ground or tree level. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but ive been thinking about it that night and what i saw.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Canada doesn't have B-2 Bombers. No one apart from the US does. Its possible, however, that you saw one en-route to somewhere else.

As for the noise - I had a B-2 pass over me at an airshow, at between 5-700ft. The wind was blowing away from me and I have to say that the damn thing was an awful lot quieter than I expected.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Guys I live down in Lethbridge, and I've seen that same thing 3 times now. The ones I've seen have more lights though. They are massive, I'd say 3/4's of a mile across, and cross the entire sky in 5 or 6 seconds. The first one was heading straight south above my head, the next night I saw one heading west, then it turned south, and the third one was about a week later and it was heading southwest.

Blistering fast, and dead silent. Very dim like you say, it almost looks like a fast moving patch of stars until the eyes get focussed in on it better.

It's beginning to freak me out.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arachnid69

Great sighting. Thanks for reporting this.
Looks like you had the visit of an ETV

Awesome.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Arachnid, I also have seen what you have--one boomerang I saw in 1999 was brightly lit up, but I saw two in June 2000 that flew almost directly overhead that matched your description. They were silent and blended in with the sky. If not for the soft white lights along the wings, I never would have noticed them. In addition, one had a companion craft flying off its wingtip which was a bright orb. Below is a cutout I made of what they looked like.

I also want to point out that when comparing these craft with B2s, you have to realize how dissimilar they are. The B2 is essentially all fuselage with small wing tips. The boomerang UFOs are all wing and no fuselage or tail at all. If you've seen both as I have, you'd never mistake one for the other. Also the B2 is loud as hell, and everyone that reports a boomerang notes its silent operation.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
One thing I forgot to mention is the cold lake air weapons range.

Their space is not really near there though. They have:

CF-18 Hornets
CT-155 Hawks
CH-146 Griffons

www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wow,

I searched google because I also had a sighting that night of the EXACT SAME THING. (i'm pretty happy to know i'm not crazy, now)

I was having a cigarette walking home from a friends place on the center-south area of Red Deer, and I had seen what I could only describe as a very dark (maybe black) flying v travelling very quickly across the sky

new topics

top topics

join