It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

richard dolan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
any thoughts on richard dolan book ufo and the national security state was very compelling. so many people devote there life to this topic. how can debunkers be taken seriously?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by copper5661]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Although I think he started out with the
correct intentions, I think he saw the
money to be made, and started to sen-
sationalize.

His (like many others) books should be
taken with a grain of salt.

Lots of factual info, interspersed with
second and third-hand tales.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree, he, like many others in the field, have moved into the entertainment and sensationalism market.

If he, or any of the other talking heads, could prove aliens exist they would not have to write books about it, lol.

Good reading though, I read his book and did enjoy it. Though it was a good enough read.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've not read the book but when it come to putting on a show, Richard Dolan is someone worth taking the time and effort to see. He was at the Ozark UFO conference in April of this year and his presentation was one of the best.

When his presentation was over he just about ran to the lobby and I was wondering what the heck that was about. Then I made it to the lobby and people were lined up all the way out of the building to buy his book and get him to autograph it.

Hell, I'd have run too

Like I said, I haven't read the book, If you get the chance to hear him talk though, it's worth it.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by copper5661
any thoughts on richard dolan book ufo and the national security state was very compelling. so many people devote there life to this topic. how can debunkers be taken seriously?

One of the better books out there. His next one, which he is still working on, ought to be as good. His material is well-documented.

However, your last statement troubles me. It does not follow that because Dolan does good research debunkers shouldn't be taken seriously. A debunker serves to discover and point out hoaxes and disinformation. For example, because Dolan wrote a good book does not prove Billy Meier's wedding cake UFO, does it? It's made from a garbage can lid. Debunkers found the lid. They exposed the hoax. His other stuff is bogus as well, and debunkers found the problems with them, too. Now Meier is discredited. Oh, he has a few diehards still with him, but on the whole the case is over. Meier is a fake.

Debunkers exposed GhostRaven here recently. They just exposed Condolezza's plagirism and fake photos. They exposed the Haiti hoax within a few hours. The list is long, not so distinguished, and you can thank debunkers for exposing this long list of frauds.

Dolan does good research. I tend to 'side' with him. I tend to side with debunkers as well. They are right a lot more often than they are wrong.

top topics

join