It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How credible is Stanton Friedman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think I spelled his name right.

I've watched millions of shows featuring him talking about UFOs and Aliens. But I was wondering, and I know this is the site to come to, if I should believe anything he says. Is he known around here as a credible, reliable source of factual information? Or just a quack?

He sounded very intelligent and factual to me, but you can make a 17 year old believe anything if you use a few big words. haha.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
no doubt stanton is very engaging when he talks but i dont find roswell/mj12 credible and goes in for that big time. He's also a suspect in the manufacture of the MJ12 documents- so no i dont think he's credible.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He is one of the few voices of reasoning in the UFO field and well respected among it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe he's credable. I like to believe his goal is to expose the UFO cover-up, and as such I believe he would not knowingly fabricate information or facilitate something he knows to be a lie.

Of course I'm basing this solely on my opinion. I, for one, believe both Roswell & the MJ-12 documents are real (independantly of anything Mr. Freedman says).

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think he's an absolutely top-bloke! Instinct, at least, tells me he's probably one of the most credible researchers out there.

Some have accused him of being less than on-the-level, but for someone who is accused as part of 'the system' he sure has rubbed them the wrong way in the past.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
He's also a suspect in the manufacture of the MJ12 documents- so no i dont think he's credible.

Yeti, I basically agree with you, but I seriously doubt that SF had anything to do with the MJ-12 docs, at least on the hidden side. He certainly shills for it, and ignores some of the analysis done on the papers. Maybe 'ignores' is too strong a word...

I do think he is a credible spokesperson for the idea of freedom of information wrt the ET hypothesis.

Seems pretty clear that it was one or all of the Cooper-Shandera-Doty triumvirate that had something to do with the fabrication of them. Of course who knows, it was a lonnnng time ago, 1983-ish.

Me, I'm of the opinion that neither the documents, nor the group they seem to model have any basis in reality. There may be 'ad hoc' committees formed for things like that, but they're still handled the same way as any military/national security TS/ATS stuff, IMO.

2 cents...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm starting to like stanton, although he does feel the m-12 docs are real. But that's his opinion, and in the end, that might be all he boils down to. Although he is the best and the brightest right now among the league of ufologists that are out there. I don't like maussan, and don't know much about any of the other's. Friedman and kaku are my two favorite people i'd take to the beach anyway, i'd grill there minds for knowledge.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I guess he is a credible as any of those tv type "ufo" investigators, but he knows nothing more than your average bloke interested in the hobby. He, like all his counterparts, do not have any knowledge or nugget of truth that you and I don't already know, or that you and I can't find out with our own FOIA requests and 10 minutes on google.

Still, it would be cool to get paid to go on TV for years and say the same thing over and over......and over and over......and over and over......and never have anything really cool or new to present.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
He is nuclear physicist but I don't know when or if he ever worked in the field.
Does anyone know where or when he worked in the last 10-15 years?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'll be...He was born right down the highway from me.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Stanton Friedman is probably one of the most respected investigators, if not the most respected, in the ufo field.

Regarding the MJ12 documents, I advise you to take a look for yourself on Stanton's opinion on the matter before accepting the opinions of yeti101 and others alike.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i certainly respect and believe him. wish i could have the honor of meeting him myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
IMHO, he's a credible guy, but don't take my word for it. Read up on him and decide for yourself. You say you've watched millions of shows on him talking about UFOs so that's a good start.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by hbdale309]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well they sure buy into him in New Brunswick...

City of Fredericton honours world-renowned flying saucer expert
Published: Sunday, August 26, 2007 | 3:22 PM ET
Canadian Press: CHRIS MORRIS
FREDERICTON (CP) - If alien visitors to earth ever decide to formally introduce themselves to humankind, they should consider landing in Fredericton.

Not only is the New Brunswick capital friendly and accommodating, it's also the home of Stanton T. Friedman, nuclear physicist, lecturer and world-renowned prophet of extraterrestrial existence.

www.cbc.ca...

...and it's not like those Herring Chokers just fell off the turnip truck, either! If Stan the Man is good enough for the City of Fredericton, that tells me all I need to know.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't realize this would generate so many different views on the man. I guess I do believe him, myself. I don't really remember what MJ-12 was... Isn't it an Air Force document actually titled Majestic 12 that had information on what pilots were supposed to do if they came into contact with aliens or something like that?

new topics

top topics

join