It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of 'tag' banned by Several U.S. Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If it wasn't for games like: tag, dodgeball, hide and seek, ect... while growing up I don't think we would have been the same people. Let's face it; say little jimmy is a slow runner and he's always "it" wouldn't he want to run faster? Therefore bettering himself? hide and seek: Little jimmy is obese (like most childern nowadays) he always is the first kid found, or can never catch the other kids, he wants to loose the weight and kick -ss at any game he plays. Dodgeball: let's face it... dodgeball is just fun; what other game can you think of where it's okay to thow stuff at other people, knocking them over, "accidently" throwing it at the bully's head and making him cry for once?

It seems to me that the liberal media and "protective parents" all want the same thing... a sissified generation. where it's okay to be fat*, not to fight back when somebody pushes you around, or not to ask questions and just take everything at face value.

The rapid decline of our society as a whole astounds me. These games inspire the youngsters to get phyically fit, keeps them active and in certain cases builds a sense of teamwork and co-operation.

* because of the fear of hurting people's feelings let me just say that i never really like be politically correct. It is another way that we're being controlled. But if i did offend you it wasn't my intent.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Gorgeroth]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
No surprises here. The ban "tag", ban "tug-of-war". I read that a school in San Francisco had a unique way of playing soccer. When a team would be a goal ahead, that team had to give up a player. That way, no one would lose and none of the childrens precious feelings would be hurt.

Give me a break.

Winning and losing and competition are part of life. All they are doing when they ban things and make up stupid rules is NOT prepare kids for the real world.

And when the real world comes, it will be an interesting smack in the face.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well I'm split on what everyone is saying. I am Engliosh by the way and 16.

When I was in year 4 (age 9) Our school banned British Bulldog. The rules for all the Americans are at the bottom of the post.

However in my school now (Age 16) People have broken their wrist playing rugby, one guy in my year also had his scrotum ripped open playing rugby yet it is still played. It still even has a club.

Another game in P.E involved someone getting their nosed smashed by the teacher causing a lovely big nose bleed. Yet it is still played.

A game of dodgeball led to a person being hit square between the legs, meaning he had to stay out of lessons for a a hour or o. Yet it is still played.

It appears that things are banned mostly in the lower schools where people are more afraid to stick up for themselves but allowed to happen where people are more likel;y to defend themselves in secondary school.

British Bulldog for beginners:
You will need lots of people and a small field.

Decide who is it and place him in the middle of the field, everyone else is in a line on one side of the field. They then have to run to the otherside all at once whilst the person in the midle tags as many poeple as he can.
If he tags someone, they join him in the middle. The winner is the last person running from side to side.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have to laugh at this... what utter sissification of children.

When I was a kid we had this game suicide, it involved a hard little ball and shots that inevitably landed on the kidneys..we played until we cried lol and went back for more every day... and I was far from the best at it but it sure let out frustration...

This is just ridiculous, kids wearing bicycle helmets tethered to a rope doped up on stuff to calm then down, never allowed to fight, parental controls on the tv...

and then of course when they turn 18 they can be drafted into war and droped into Afghanastan...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yes, "Tag" will damage their self esteem...plus they ran out of helmets for them to put on while they played it. Just read a thread a week or so ago that they were changing the spelling of "long and hard to spell words" like banana because kids can't spell them, thus damaging their self esteem. What's next?

I predict the next thread's title will be "Kids in a few school districts being encased in a smooth amber, with air and water holes are being taught a crude language of clicks and grunts, because English was too hard for them and they hate to walk on the playground because some walk slower then others, film at 11!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join