It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we lost?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Honestly... if computers take over the world... a simple EMP could take them out... and we could deactivate them all.. it would be no problem

and if a species evolved enough to be more intelligent and VIOLENT then humans.... (doubt thats possible) (the violent part) would the have the tools to take out the humans? Honestly... i think the ONLY species that could have a chance would be one w/ opposable thumbs.... and not many here have them... lmao...

if you think about it... you can just shoot a creature before it kills you... it will be okay...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the only way this is possible would be with a "Planet of the Apes" style situation. Humans would have to genetically engineer animals with comparable intellect and pysique (opposable thumbs), and then seriously weaken our stranglehold on the Earth with a nuclear war or something.

Or if you subscribe to the "Hollow Earth" theory, maybe there's already another species ready to attack us from their subterrainean home.

As for the dinosaurs going on to evolve, I'm not sure it would have happened even with another 65 million years. Don't forget that they were already on the Earth for 250 million years. They were living in a very stable eco-system, so it would have been hard for one species to get the upper hand. In my opinion the dinosaurs weren't killed off by a meteor, but rather small rat like mammals evolved and started eating all the dinosaurs eggs. Kind of like how the dodo bird went extinct.

So the key to another species evolving and taking over would be that they need to be able to take advantage of our weaknesses. The only thing that is possible of doing that at the moment would be micro organisms. Although it wouldn't really be considered a structured invasion.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I agree, and I think the only animal race capable of causig damage to the human race is rats, even if they gained some sort of "pack intelligence" they could do some serious damage. They have a vast population, and are perfectly placed in our cities to wreak havoc. They could swarm government buildings and it would be harder for the military to fight them in our cities, with the rats able to gain access to any building from underground.

They also carry diseases, which they might be able to control and spread deliberately if they evolved, like a very basic form of biological warfare!

Damn I hate rats!

*Grabs a shotgun and cowers in the corner*

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
to the original poster, does this have any thig to do with stargate atlantis ? this senario was briefy talkwed about in the show last night.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Erm...

Stargate Atlantis???

Ive heard of that, never watched it.

But the whole rat theory does seem to be acctually something that could happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
We can evolve as fast as we want but anything that evolves will hit a point of devolution.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade

I am not talking about 1 single computer, we have already built a network containing pretty much all human knowledge. A network that connects a huge amount of computer automated tasks over the entire planet including manufacturing, satellites and weapons. I don't see it as much of a reach.

Okay, if that happened, then we could still take it down as easily as crushing an ant. As others have said, one EMP blast would take down this evil network, computer or whatever you want it to be.

Or should I just go and get an imagination and look past the logic?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well a 10 second google search tells me that an 'EMP blast' can be easily shielded against. And the logistics of setting enough blasts off to permanantly disable a global network seem rather huge.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If this EMP did not work against the evil computers, it doesnt mean we would all get killed by them, we would just think or create another device of equal power, that cant e sheilded against.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Logic is the killer of imagination. logic once said mankind could not go 100 MPH or 160 KPH Logic also said that mankind would never fly. logic stagnates growth. if it wasn't for imagination mankind would not grow. So yes you really should for the sake of this conversation look past the so-called logic and embrace the imagination.

Just because something is not possible today doesn't mean it cant and wont happen. your argument of mankind not building a computer that can out think us and is self aware is flawed. it is already being done. no its not perfected but there are people doing it today. EMP is not the danger that people think it is. its not the EMP we need to worry about its how the pusles was made. there are electronics that are hardened.

There are also people working on generically altering insects to make them more survivable. Accidents happen One of these could go far past the designers original vision and the rest as they say could be history.

Don't discount something just because its not logical you short change yourself and the rest of us. you seem like a very intelligent person but what use is intelligence if you don't grow and without imagination you wont grow. It would be a shame to waste another good mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
well maybe the dinosaurs didnt die out who know they could in fact be the so called reptillians

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
whose to say that the animals don't have an understanding of what is around them?

Most people assume they don't, because WE cannot intercommunicate. We accept some animals are smart, we learn that some animals have intercourse for pleasure ... what will we accept in the future.

To me, it seems like some species try to wage war on us, but they don't have the numbers combined with power needed to thwart our destruction of theirs and our planet. Killer bees, shark attacks, big cat attacks, primate kidnappings, all those are real. What if they are just testing their methods
or smart enough to see we are starting to destroy ourselves and no need to intervene with our self-destruction

Have you noticed how some animals are good to good people and bad to bad people? Dogs are usually a common example of this, but, most animals if you pay enough attention, you can see a personality and a choice of who they accept.

If you don't see it, or think that animals are just plants with blood, you are free to do so. I see animals as much smarter and emotionally involved than most humans desire to give credit for ... since that would throw the balance of the world off a bit. If you know that cows and pigs have feelings, think, and experience pain like you do ... how in the world would the pork and beef industry survive? It is already a double standard that people think it is ok to eat a chicken, but not an eagle, it is ok to eat a pig, but not a dog, ok to eat a cow, not a cat, ok to eat grouper, not a dolphin ... you see what I am saying? put a slab of beef next to a slab of human, wonder how many people could honesty tell them apart if they had the same cut? I thought fish were just passive creatures until I owned them. Now my opinion is quite different ... Oscars and Bettas in particular are common house fish that have a lot of personality (if you take care of them properly, a human living in waste and small space is inactive as well). No, I am not saying that they can do calculus, but they are much more intelligent and interactive than the human animal gives them credit.

Why do people think that opposable thumbs are the best grasping tools?

Wouldn't you think, octopus have the best grasping appendages? Now, their body is not built for land based superiority, but, if we had tentacles that had no restrictive movement, could wrap around things, squeeze with force, and have suction cups for extra grasping ... I would say that gives you a pretty good ability to manipulate objects. It is hard for people to think outside the box, but, remember, all our stuff is designed for us ... if there we were different, our stuff would be different and our hands wouldn't be as efficient as we think they are. It is all relative.

Since this was a skunkworks what if ... I thought I would join the suppositions

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I sincerely doubt it. But if the dinosaurs hadn't died out I'm pretty sure that they would have advanced to a level that could far surpass our own.

You know, all this talk of "Reptilian Aliens in Cahoots with the Government/Military, co-opting labs under the Earth out west & that live in underground lairs" makes me wonder if just maybe, as crazy as it sounds, maybe some reptilian life form made it from that age, directly from the dinosaurs lineage?

Were not the smaller Raptors and such the more genetically advanced Dino's?

And what of the talk of "Reptilians eat humans and human blood" and "Were the Gods that ancient people sacrificed other people to, and animals, for their food?

At one point in the Jewish Temple, at the Holy of Holies, there was a curtain going around the room in all sides, and "God" dwelled on the other side of the curtain. Only the Highest Priests could even enter, and no one looks behind the curtain. The Priest would enter a certain number of times a day and flick or sprinkle sacrificial lambs' blood or goats' blood onto the curtains, or through them if you will. I could be confusing this with an ancient Babylonian temple, though I swore I read it was the 1st Jewish Temple.

My point is, there could theoretically be a race of intelligent reptilians, sharing the Earth with us, far more advanced than us, 'playing God' with us, and using their uber technology. They could be relatively few in number, and could live under the Earth. They could have space craft, and maybe bases or civilizations elsewhere, places we Humans could not live.

These could be the 'Anunnaki', and while I dont interpret the Revelation of John literally, maybe they will be the "Locusts that spring from the foul pits of the Earth, with the heads of Lions and crowns on their heads, with hair of a woman, who torment Men but do not kill them".

Maybe they didnt 'crash land here', nor did their planet hit ours, maybe billions of years ago, but maybe they evolved here long before us, and left into space already, keeping underground bases here.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Okay, if that happened, then we could still take it down as easily as crushing an ant. As others have said, one EMP blast would take down this evil network, computer or whatever you want it to be.

I must admit Im weary of Robotics and AI development becoming too advanced. The replacement of humans that perform tasks or work. They dont realize what theyre messing with, and if they do, theyre purposefully going to make Human beings obsolete for alot of tasks.

I know its just Matrix movie flashbacks, but what if we went too far one day, creating some AI chip or code flashed onto a chip that simulated the human brain 100%? And we used a single type of DNA for the brain replicated, so theyd all think the same, and feel close like brothers/family. Scary thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think the only animal mankind has to worry about is mankind we are very stupid for being the most intelligent species we fight each other for what drugs, money, we simply cant see eye to eye.Humans make me sick.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have 2 Comet Goldfish in my house, and all I have to say is the 3 secodn time span and stupid fish theories is B****cks, my fish are very intelligent, every morning I go downstairs to feed them, and they swim to the side of the tank that there favourite food is... Theres a bit more than a 3 second mind span here isnt there. They sleep most of the day and when ever I pick up the food that THEY choose, they know that in order to be fed they need to swim into the little holdingtank next to their home.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hate to tell you this, but it's already happened guys.

My cat has taken over our house and made it his own. He has us wrapped around his little finger...er....paw...and made us his slaves to his own selfish whims.

He is currently plotting for world dominion.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

That so funny, I think all cats are like that mine tell me when to get up in the morning and when to feed him, yeah his a regular drill instructor.

But on that note maybe just maybe these animals are aware and are simply way to smart for us. Yeah some of them have their moment and stick their heads in a mouse trap and get it lobed off. But if you actually watch an animal in action they seem very intelligent to me. When you think about it they are not that dissimilar from use in a lot of way.

But image this. You stick your cat or your dog in front of a mirror like so many of use do in hope of seeing a reaction and for some odd reason or another the animal becomes aware. Now we may not know or understand the way animals communicate but you think that if one realized it the cat or dog or whatever could share it with others like it.

That’s the kicker animal in the wild know what they are and know what we are. Our domesticated animals are little different. I don't know the ratio of cats and dogs to humans but I’d imagine there's a hefty number of them. Just that these animal are faster, stronger and if suddenly they grew a brain comparable to out own we’d be in deep horse crap. regardless of how many guns or weapons we have. Question is how many cat can you take on, hum??? Shoot! my cats dangerous when we just play my arms look like bloody scratching post afterwards.

Nuff said!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
People dont look at cats like they really should, they see them as 'friendly pets' or 'friends', but if your pet cats could, they would kill and eat you.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
Very true, but do you really think that there will be wars that only include the human race in the future? Let alone aliens if they do show themselves and are aggressive?

I have to say I doubt it.

Well, what other animals on planet earth do you know of that are capable of fighting back? I don't know of any dolphin or elephant that is trained in the martial art of Jujitsu or is sitting on a stockpile of biological warfare.

The only way another species on this planet could evolve to that level of intelligence is if humans were thoroughly annihilated. And that is assuming the process of evolution occurs the way the scientific community thinks it does. And if it did, it wouldn't happen for tens or hundreds of millions, maybe billions of years in the future.

[edit on 8/31/2007 by pjslug]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join