It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who do you respect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
which member do you respect the most,
for topics and replies and the way they present them selves.

i know this is like the whos your favorite mod topic
but on the bright side no ass kissing here

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow, I can't pick just one. And I'm afraid I'll leave someone out and hurt some feelings.

Just a few of those I respect -- I reserve the right to add more when I'm not half asleep:

madnessinmysoul -- for such a young guy he is SHARP and I really appreciate his perspective on theism

Benevolent Heretic -- always stays even-keeled and makes great coversation

Astyanax -- just plain SMART. Whenever I am pondering something's meaning, he always has an answer.

Boondock78 -- we really butted heads hard in a thread the first time we met, but we got over it and he's turned out to be a really interesting person with very similar interests

And all the Christians on my friends list (you know who you are) because you're still my friends despite my very vehement atheism. You guys/gals are the kinds of Christians that I don't mind sharing the world with at all. You're not proselytizers and you are open minded to other points of view even if you don't agree. I think that makes you very special people in this day and age of evangelical insanity.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Evil topic, truly evil. How can I choose? So many great members here, so many.

I'd have to say lombozo though, seems like a really down to earth guy and can make me laugh at the end of the most miserable day.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I respect any member who doesn't feel the need to remind me that I'm not very bright or that I'm weird. *Thanks Captain Obvious for that valuable insight...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
See?! Seeeee!!!!

How could I leave out lombozo? Though I think I know why ... I mentioned him in the mods thread.

Hey, L-man, tell me I don't have to give up my #1 groupie status now. :shk:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

How could I leave out lombozo? Though I think I know why ... I mentioned him in the mods thread.

Simply for forgetting about him you should be banned. I'm sorry but I don't make the rules, heck, I don't even enforce them, but your going to have to leave.

Please don't steal any tin foil hats on the way, we need them.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Everyone. No one that I've talked to has done anything to take it away...yet...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Do they really block psychic brain eaters or is that just a myth ...
... ?

Probably just a myth I guess -.-

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Better safe than sorry, whack the tin on and marvel in it's foily glory. Go on, marvel!

*shakes fist*

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I also have to add Springer -- while I have a lot of respect for all three Amigos, having met Springer in person, I found him to be extremely funny and a genuinely nice guy.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Better safe than sorry, whack the tin on

I hate to inform you guys, but I heard that the tinfoil hats actually increase the ability for "things" to get into your brainwaves. It's a conductor, you know ...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

And all the Christians on my friends list (you know who you are) because you're still my friends despite my very vehement atheism. You guys/gals are the kinds of Christians that I don't mind sharing the world with at all. You're not proselytizers and you are open minded to other points of view even if you don't agree. I think that makes you very special people in this day and age of evangelical insanity.

Major, I think you are one of the atheist that I can listen to aswell. I like your nature and humour. I like the way you share yourself with us. And you have my deepest respect as a humanbeing.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Mr Wupy, Bandit... and not because they're mods either. I've just always liked what they had to say and how they said it. There's more but I can't think of their names at the moment.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee

I respect any member who doesn't feel the need to remind me that I'm not very bright or that I'm weird.

Hey what's wrong with being weird? I'd rather be weird than plain old, follow the flock sheeple any day. Of course, the line is drawn at insane. There is a big difference between eccentric and just flat out schizoid.

I like weird people. All my friends in real life are weird.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hey, L-man, tell me I don't have to give up my #1 groupie status now. :shk:

Hmmmmmm............... I'll let it slide THIS time. However next time you will receive 20 lashes with an al dente spaghetti noodle.

And Zanz - I always knew you had good taste!

Thanks for the compliment.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have to say my respect goes to all members who have been with ATS since the beginning and are still around.So many seem to join up and fall by the wayside soon after. I know IAM a lifer for ATS and I will be here till the last server crashes.

Lombozo you know Iam your #2 groupie and will always be.( no mod butt kissing here)!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
20 lashes with the noodly appendage ...
... ?!

Sorry, since MM enlightened me about the flying spaghetti monster, I'm haunted with frightening visions of noodly appendages.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
So many seem to join up and fall by the wayside soon after.

That'll be me. I have some kind of OCD or something, I'll throw myself into an interest for awhile and then it's on to something else. My life has been a book of many, many chapters.

So far so good though, ATS is amusing

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Trust me... It never gets boring.If it does... you aren't reading enough.Besides If anything new happens in the world, most of us come here before anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Byrd - the guy seems to know what he's talking about ALL THE TIME. Either he's really versed on the things he talks about, or he is a REALLY good BSer. lol

Other than him, I just respect people who can be civil when defending their point of view. I also respect those who are willing to look at their 'opponents' point of view, and see where he/she's coming from. I rarely get irritated with people who actually debate. I get extremely irritated when I speak with people who take the "I'm right, you're wrong and nothing can change my mind" approach. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I've come across that way at times, but I always think about the convo's I've had, and I'll admit that more than one have changed my mind on certain subjects.

so yeah...hopefully I'll meet a lot more respectable people on here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join