It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Lockheed Factory Camouflage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Have a look at this photoset I stumbled upon showing some amazing attention to detail by the army corp of engineers during WW2.
The 1st picture shows the factory without camoflauge.

thinkorthwim.com...

Pretty amazing job IMO...makes me wonder if there has been a lot more of this sort of thing going on since the birth of Google Earth!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That's absolutely amazing.

Makes you wonder what else could be hidden like that, especially with todays technology.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
wow. if you want to argue the position "there are many secrets you cant see", this is EXCELLENT material. I am copypasting this to my files.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is really cool! I had not heard of this particular story before. Great post!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We had Jasper Maskelyne doing the same kind of thing in WW2,although not on the same scale.

"According to the autobiographical Magic: Top Secret and David Fisher's biography The War Magician (see below), Maskelyne's wartime career was as follows.

When the Second World War broke out, Maskelyne joined the Royal Engineers, thinking that his skills could be used in camouflage. He convinced sceptical officers by creating the illusion of a German warship on the Thames using mirrors and a model. He was eventually deployed to the African theatre in the Western Desert, although he spent most of his time entertaining the troops."

He was actually a stage magician before the war too!
Actually on reading further,it appears he did pull off some things on a rather huge scale as well.

"His largest trick was to conceal Alexandria and the Suez Canal to misdirect German bombers. He built a mockup of the night-lights of Alexandria in a bay three miles away with fake buildings, lighthouse and anti-aircraft batteries. To mask the Suez Canal, he built a revolving cone of mirrors that created a wheel of spinning light nine miles wide."

Blimey,that must have taken some work.What a guy.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thanks, pretty awesome!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
excellent post. If that was done in the 40s and 50's, imagine what we could do now.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's amazing! They probably do things like this nowadays to camaflouge bases in the desert from Google earth. Great post!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Those Pix were awesome! I wonder how many areas are currently being hidden in a similar fashion.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
This is really cool! I had not heard of this particular story before. Great post!

ermmmm ahem.... one line posts saying wow thats cool by a MOD?

Oh say it isn't so

But thanks to Implosion for pointing this out to me, this fits right in with our other material from guy Cramer../.

Filed processed and linked

[edit on 27-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kriegsmarine
That's amazing! They probably do things like this nowadays to camaflouge bases in the desert from Google earth. Great post!

REALLY?
Maybe we should look and see...

Hmmm how about oh say Kirtland AFB? Yeah that be the one...

Go have a look Jack (Pegasus) put two ballons on it so you can find it...

What are we looking for? Oh well it seems Google took their picture before the camouflage was completed

The thing under the tent is huge... look at the houses in the larger view... The white tube? A tunnel 'insert' big enough to drive trucks through... these are inserted into those non existent under ground tunnels

Bet these would work on the Moon too

Then there is Guy Cramer's solution

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

And that is just a paint job....

Here is what they did for HAARP

Phase One...

Phase Two...

Phase Three...

Now NASA has a good one... This one is great for hiding "Secret Space Stations"

www.techbriefs.com...

But the real state of the art has been patented over 20 years ago and that I can not tell you about... other than to quote my source who shall remain anonymous...

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it has become infinitely tougher to hide stuff these days. What with constantly updated satellite imagery, infrared, sonar, what have you, not much can hide. Heck, we've even found ancient Mayan cities that have been overgrown with forest!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

First class Information Zorgon.Excellent photos.
Good work that man.

new topics

top topics

join