It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army's Active Denial System - Will It Ever Be Used?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This morning, MSNBC.com has an article about the Army's "Microwave Gun on a Jeep" called the Active Denial System.

This device scares the hell out of me. It reminds me of the scoopers used in the movie "Soylent Green", except this vehicle burns people instead of scooping them up, which is a more effective riot deterent.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I find it very curious that this machine is being mentioned now, with all of the weird military maneuvers that are occuring.

Was this device really meant for crowd control in Iraq? Or was it meant for crowd control here?

Maybe something bad IS about to happen.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by windwaker]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by windwaker]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It sounds like a very GOOD deterrent, as deterrents go that is.

I know if I were protesting, rioting, what have you, and I faced such a weapon I would run, run like hell!

I think it was devoloped for Iraq/here/where ever it is needed, and they will use it at some point, because if you are not prepared to use it then why have it?

Dorian

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They already used it in Afghanistan, and they are very happy to use/test it as long as they can in Iraq.
I think you might find this video interesting even if you are not a Star wars fan lol.

Here you can read what they are saying too.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

This is the bigger version
video.google.ca...

[edit on 30-8-2007 by TheXpecta]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by windwaker

This morning, MSNBC.com has an article about the Army's "Microwave Gun on a Jeep" called the Active Denial System.

Why, oh why put this in the A&UFO forum ?

As to it's effectiveness, it works.

This device scares the hell out of me. It reminds me of the scoopers used in the movie "Soylent Green", except this vehicle burns people

Oh really ? Why be dramatic...

gives people hit by the invisible beam the sense that their skin is on fire. They move out of the way quickly and without injury.

From your own msnbc link.

I find it very curious that this machine is being mentioned now, with all of the weird military maneuvers that are occuring.

Of which maneuvers do you speak ?
Any links ?

Was this device really meant for crowd control in Iraq? Or was it meant for crowd control here?

Wow.
How in the Hell did you make that step ?

Exactly what logic did you use ?

Maybe something bad IS about to happen.

I agree. People exaggerating news reports tend
to stir the masses. Albeit, only the uninformed listen.

Still amazed,
Lex

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXpecta

That article and video are pure bovine excrement, sad to say.

And no, none of the weapons systems named in that piece of fiction, including VMADS, would have those effects. I'm not sure anything would.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

It's a product - so whoever can get one can use it as they feel.

There are several versions of it - there's the big VMADS you see mounted to a HMMV, but there's a physically smaller version with a less collimated beam that's on Project Sheriff.

There's supposedly a 100kW one, but I don't know if it's true. The VMADS one you see in the pictures is, IIRC, a 35kW system.

And there's a barricade version that adds new meaning to "electric fence".

Raytheon has a mid-sized civilian version called "Silent Guardian" that's about ready to ship to police departments or other non-governmentals, as far as the scuttlebutt goes. You'll love this - Windows Media sales pitch video here.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I say it was meant for both. If the elite bankers/military generals/black ops or whom ever plan to implement the NWO. Then it would be used on both.

Just think of how the military is learning and stream lining how we fight insurgents. Insurgents can only fight with Rilfes and IED's and the military is figuring out through tough lessons on how to deal with them.

If Martial Law was declared in the US, why wouldn't they use it. The only thing Americans have to defend themselves with is the fire arms that are available over the counter. So the military already knows how to deal with this situation with the experience from Iraq and Afghanistan

So hell yes the would use it on us here.

top topics

join