It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will be attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

White House to launch major propoganda campagin against Iran

icga.blogspot.com

They [the source's institution] have "instructions" (yes, that was the word used) from the Office of the Vice-President to roll out a campaign for war with Iran in the week after Labor Day; it will be coordinated with the American Enterprise Institute, the Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, Commentary, Fox, and the usual suspects. It will be heavy sustained assault on the airwaves, designed to knock public sentiment into a position from which a war can be maintained. Evidently they don't think they'll ever get majority support for this--they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is "plenty."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2007 by XFoxMulderX]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And so it begins. I wonder what their case for war will be this time, since they obviously don't have WMD's (yet) They'll probably use the case that they are supproting the insurgency in Iraq. This will be something to watch closely.

icga.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am not quite sure that this is a sure fire indication that Iran will be attacked. There has been a clear propaganda campaign en route for months now, coming from both sides of the barbed wire. In fact, this rhetoric has been exchanged between Iran and the US for years now.

I do admit there has been wild speculation of conflict between the US and Iran, but I have yet to see how this conflict would even be possible. I would hope that the US would be a little wiser than to go and drop a nuclear payload on Iran.

Unless there is a MAJOR event, ie a terror attack against the US or its allies, or some sort of peripheral military conflict over Iraq between the US and Iran, I do not see this conflict escalating.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Do this :

1. Remember the news, TV programming and talk from the government before the Iraq war.

2. Look at the news, TV programming and talk from the government now.

If it's not all out war we are definitely going to do something serious. I have zero doubt men and women who serve the US Military are currently operating inside Iran. This isn't just guessing, this is how America works.

Think of it like this : what better time to go to start something with Iran. We know Israel has got our backs, we're already in the region with boots on the ground. What are we suppose to do, leave the middle east only to come back later to start something with Iran ?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I agree that I think this has been underway for a while, but maybe this is an escalation in propaganda.

This is what I found to be most interesting.

Evidently they don't think they'll ever get majority support for this--they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is "plenty."

I doubt that even with a PR campaign they will get enough support for a war with Iran. People will not fall for this again and will demand evidence before giving support.

Good find.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The big problem there Hal, is if currently 'numbers' are anything to go by,

they dont care about support.
They only have to 'pretend' to believe what they say, thats enough to take us to war.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Link to an "excuse?" from the US to Attack???

www.abovepolitics.com...

First the excuse, then the action(s)???

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"National Stop Iran Rally to be Held September 24"

We’ve received word that a bunch of activist organizations are planning to hold a national “Stop Iran” rally in New York City. The message is: “Ahmadinejad is coming to the UN. Will you?” Also, “He funds and supports terror around the world. He wants a world without the US and Israel. He is developing nuclear weapons. He denies the Holocaust.”

Time: The rally is set to take place on Monday, September 24th at 12 o’clock noon.

Place: 2nd Avenue at 42nd street, across the street from the United Nations. In NYC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i wonder if they will try to kill him while he's here?

i dont put it past the bush&co.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX

White House to launch major propoganda campagin against Iran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, there is a ongoing scenario being played out between the U.S. & Iran

but it's actually the constant ratcheting up of tensions, on both sides,
as in the pretense of a WAR that is the propaganda element.

I'd suggest, just suggest mind you.....
that the 2 governments have certain agendas they are building up
with all this constant 'at the brink of war' alarms... tactical nukes included.

And each govt is playing off each other;

my CT is that, the Republicans, the administration, the neocons, the PNACers... are using the 'brink of war' stratgy as a means to trip up the Democrat front runner Hillery Clinton,

?Just how many American voters would vote a woman president into the office as a war president?...

NO, the prospect of an impending military conflict with Iran
(or Syria or Lebanon) in addition to the Iraq mess would surely change the dynamics of the election in '08.

It (the brink-of-war strategy) also serves to solidify the new 'powers of the president' which the BushCheney regime pushed through with little
dissent from the congress...
the way the preent puppetmasters see it, a republican frontman is a shoo in if the nation is in emminent peril of War 1st, terror 2nd, migration invasion 3rd, social-economic upheavel 4th, and so on....

the quagmire in Afghan and Iraq could be somehow minimalized and wound down by a democrat or even a democrat woman president...

but the loud drums of War (with Iran) changes the whole scenario.
and almost insures that a puppetmasters, republican, war president,
with dictitorial powers (execuitive orders) holds the presidency for the next 4-8 years.

If youse will recall.

Iran held embassy hostages for 444 days

but released them when Reagan (a Republican!) took the oath of office...

I Say the same kinda thing is being played out at this time in history.

Iran & the USA are in a spiraling dance,
let's hope that a miscue on anyone's part doesn't change the it into a Deadly Dance

new topics

top topics

join