It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Flying Saucer Cars available

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wasnt the Moller car first showcased in a Clive Cussler novel with Dirk Pitt... I texted this to the Chris Evans show when they ran this story a couple of weeks ago - course the Ginger Whingers allways accurate isnt he ?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
clive cussler...never thought of that connection. but now that you mention it...yeah. maybe.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No goverment would allow true freedom of movement to it's citizens. It goes against every method of control they have over you...I dought they will give that control up.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think its in "Aztec Gold" or some such book - i know the Moller Car exists seen too many programmes about it - but i think Cussler might be an investor

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Silk]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

if you have any info about cussler being an investor, let us know.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I made a thread about this a month ago in the Automive Discussion Forum.

Be the First On You Block To Own A Hover-Car

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
No goverment would allow true freedom of movement to it's citizens. It goes against every method of control they have over you...I dought they will give that control up.

good point. just thought about how the freedom of movement we think we have is actually an illusion. I cant travel anywhere without hoards of travel agencies, airlines, border controls and government authorities checking and limiting me.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

Can you define freedom of movement ? or rather restriction? for safety we have traffic laws and rules of airspace - which are internationally agreed - all based on safety nothing with respect to a "restriction" on the basis on non democratic means.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well, theres no restriction on where you can go in the internet, and it would be somewhat pleasant to have a "hover car" and have no restriction on where you could sky float with that...within the limits of respecting the law and other peoples privacy of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
in my mind there is a big difference between a hovering vehicle, a levitating vehicle, and an anti-gravity utilizing vehicle.

but i wonder if these 'flying cars' will someday be the new commercial airlines?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

If I could could freely travel anywhere in the sky, I would not need a passport.Goverments HATE not knowing what you and I are doing, it frightens them because they would have no control. When you fly, there are no borders. I do not need permission from any goverment to build a vehicle that can fly, therefore i don't need a licence to fly MY vehicle that I built. That is freedom, something people had back in the 1800's before big corporations bought you and your representitives out with cash. Average Joe on the street can't afford a flying vehicle anyway, you need to build one yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
in my mind there is a big difference between a hovering vehicle, a levitating vehicle, and an anti-gravity utilizing vehicle.

but i wonder if these 'flying cars' will someday be the new commercial airlines?

lol. yeah. the hovering vehicle is for us, the levitating vehicle for the mystic and the anti-gravity vehicle for the military.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

.Goverments HATE not knowing what you and I are doing, it frightens them because they would have no control. When you fly, there are no borders. I do not need permission from any goverment to build a vehicle that can fly, therefore i don't need a licence to fly MY vehicle that I built. That is freedom, something people had back in the 1800's before big corporations bought you and your representitives out with cash. Average Joe on the street can't afford a flying vehicle anyway, you need to build one yourself.

great post. thats another reason flying gives us a sense of FREEDOM.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree totally, but i was trying to point out that using old technology for something they are referring to as the "future" doesn't seem right. Let's just hope they know what they're in for. Those things don't look safe at all.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by jaden_x]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

well...their hearts are going in the right direciton. wait till they combine their craft with something more powerful. you will live to see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What happens if you run out of fuel mid air? people run out of fuel on the ground and i cant imagine people running out midair, and how will this decrease traffic? it will probably create more as you cant fly like in futurama or whatever just like you cant stand under a helicopter or behind a jet, you willl have to be spread out and if everyone has one there will just be not enough sky. what about commercial air travel youll have huge jets taking off and landing and how would you enforce the no fly laws around a airport if "everyone" has a "hover car"

road rage? you're done if you get hit or something like that in the sky, or some kids on the ground with a gun picking off these cars for fun? laser beams that you hear hitting helicopters, i just dont see ANY reason for this future hover cars, maybe in 1000 years but not any time soon

[edit on 8/30/2007 by racerzeke]

[edit on 8/30/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Silk

If I could could freely travel anywhere in the sky, I would not need a passport.Goverments HATE not knowing what you and I are doing, it frightens them because they would have no control. When you fly, there are no borders. I do not need permission from any goverment to build a vehicle that can fly, therefore i don't need a licence to fly MY vehicle that I built. That is freedom, something people had back in the 1800's before big corporations bought you and your representitives out with cash. Average Joe on the street can't afford a flying vehicle anyway, you need to build one yourself.

You still need a passport to land in another country but other than that everything you said is possible. Infact many "average Joes" are doing it right now as a hobby.

You can build your own ultralight airplane for under 10,000$ and you won't need a license to fly it because its classed as experimental.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I can barely trust people to drive to a reasonable standard on a single axis road- I'm not sure I want them drunk flying around my house either.

Whichg begs the question of how the police would pull someone over in one LOL.

I think it begs the question of which if any road laws apply to flying cars. Yeah... complicated. Which pretty much means it won't happen. Unfortunately..

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
About fuel consumption issues, I'd say those engines are pretty efficient. You just need ultra high bypass systems to get good efficiency. In all fairness what you need is something that either has some sort of anti grav system (maybe if it's possible to utilise the earth's magnetic field) or goes fast enough to use wings when in the air with VTOL capability. If we had vacuum energy you could use an electric system to get the power in order to do it, maybe with some really good batteries as well.

If you run out of power and have normal wings the glideslope would be easy enough to land safely, and if you used computer control, think autopilot and ILS etc and you would only need input waypoints and the destination.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
in a news report a few months ago I read that BMW is actually working on skycars as well. if I remember correctly they stated they want to present the first public skycar by 2014. if anyone has any more information about this it would be welcome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join