It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Flying Saucer Cars available

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golack

This company offers them.
www.moller.com...

yeah...that company has been the subject of the entire thread

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What about fuel consumption. These devises operate similar to a helicopter and those burn fuel in the rate of gallons per minute.

no...not the small hovercraft flown by that soldier in the video posted earlier.

apc

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
This was posted a month ago.....

And it was on Discovery Channel 10 years ago.

It's useless for personal daily transport. Completely recreational.

The last thing we need is a bunch of noisy turbines packing the skies flown by Joe Idiot who can barely drive and listen to the radio at the same time without wrecking.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
is it just me or do some of you lack enthusiasm?

apc

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm enthusiastic for true "hovercraft" made possible by the levitation technology referenced on page 1, for example.

The Skycar and this "saucer" are dead ends. Old technology stuffed into a not-so-new package that has little real-world viability.

It's only useful for people who can't afford a helicopter and would like to routinely cross swamplands and other terrains where wheels or keels aren't practical. It makes a cool toy, too.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
long-term fuel-based vehicles are a dead end anyway.

the whole point is that any type of flying-saucer, levitation, free-energy and alternative fuel story ought to be publicized more frequently...as happened now at BBC. why? in order to push the issue and its surrounding questions into the PUBLIC EYE. Publications such as these force people to think about many things:

a) the topic of man-made-ufos

c) the topic of extraterrestrial craft being able to hide among all the earthly ufos

d) the topic of why skycars are not yet available to the public

e) the topic of why free-energy is being supressed

f) the topic of why electrical cars and other alternatives are so slow in coming

these are only among the few things touched on by such publications.

its probably obvious to most that skycars WILL be a part of our future. not only because science-fiction predicts it, not only because mass consciousness has been dreaming it up, but because it is a product that is WANTED by people.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"The last thing we need is a bunch of noisy turbines packing the skies flown by Joe Idiot who can barely drive and listen to the radio at the same time without wrecking."
by apc

Yeah true-so lets work on the computer side of things-to try to create a system which takes the control from Joe Idiot,when he starts driving/piloting like Joe Idiot !
And if you don't like noisy turbines why not try to find out how Boeing are planning to achieve anti gravity and apply that to the next generation of skycars.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Pretty fascinating that one-the guy whose research they are using was labeled a mad kook a few years back,by the scientific community and media I remember reading about him.
Makes you think...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

first off id like to say... u forgot B

secondly....
i dont think this is a very realistic idea... i would love to have it happen.... but honestrly... people these days dont seem to THINK ... i doubt we will have that many great inventions coming up... people these days tend to get brainwashed into.... School... College.. Work .... Retire... Die

the great thinkers seem to have been diluted by time into every day folk....

and about the swampland.... u culd always buy a 4x4 truck...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sad Lil Alex

sorry, I deny apathy. we are having more inventions this day and age than all the 1000 years put together before. the times are exciting.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What about fuel consumption. These devises operate similar to a helicopter and those burn fuel in the rate of gallons per minute.

Exactly the point I brought up earlier. Unless they can somehow counter the forces of gravity, keeping it up is would cost additional energy. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a major problem in the world right now...

A more feasible option would be to upgrade the mass transit system or use a maglev-type personal transport system, a bit like in that show minority report. But that would require laying down miles and miles of maglev tracks. So maybe they should just come up with better electric cars.

And what do you know, they already have.

The Tesla Roadster

- 0 to 60 in 4 secs
- 2 cents per mile
- 200 miles per charge

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Typical my post gets hardly any response, hear you are days later all talking about the same story. Only joking...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I love that Tesla roadster too,but that electricity has to come from somewhere,just like the oil based engines,so unless you are charging the batts using a wind turbine or the like its not exactly clean energy.
But you're right it is a top car.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a great idea and a good movement forward, it will lead to a lot of even better ideas like flying ambulances and police cars.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make was that the energy requirements of the Tesla Roadster is much less than a personal helicopter. And since it gets its energy off the grid, if it were to be used in areas where wind, solar or hydro power is the main energy source, it would be a very green option. Even if it doesn't it's still much more energy efficient, since a diesel/gas power plant is much more efficient than your regular diesel/gasoline engine.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Ive been a fan of the tesla roadster ever since it started. its cleaner, cheapter and nearly as effective as gasoline cars. The question is: Why the hell is it taking so awfully long to get these technologies spread? the only answer is: CONSPIRACY. supression. special interest groups.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShawnChapman

sorry, I missed that thread. I started this one because I appreciated a main news source (bbc) talking about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think if something that looks like a classic ufo and is man made should no longer be referred to as unidentified (ufo). These people are wasting money with this project as we already have helicopters. It's like re-inventing the wheel.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I appreciate you starting this thread. I think this sounds like a very interesting enterprise. I can see it being useful for those of us who live among small neighbouring islands and could just 'hop' on over. But I would need to be able to go shopping and bring home the haul...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

you have a point with the ufo. but helicopters are not exactly meant for the general public like these craft are. also theyre noisy and bulky, totally unklike the smooth saucers that will reach the market within the next 30 years.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

at last theres someone here to post something positive about skycars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join