It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Flying Saucer Cars available

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

thanks for the video...made my day. great dialogue.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw this on BBC during the afternoon report.

I thought it was a joke

However, I don't think his design is practical.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

The idea just isn't feasable.

I know a lot of you are more into doom and gloom and "it just aint gonna happen" and "it aint feasible". but whatever happened to optimistic, progressive, dreaming, advancing futurism? come on, give it a smile.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In any case, anyone who from now on says

"FLYING SAUCERS DONT EXIST"

is hereby debunked for good.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe thats part of the idea Sky,you know "they were all man made after all" type routine...

As infinite said there are practical problems,and tech problems needing to be ironed out.But worth a try!

Mollers been at this idea since the 60s I think,so hes not one to give up on a project.

Edit: thought you may like this old machine too Sky-the Williams Ariel flying platform from way back...

www.liveleak.com...

Videos bad quality but you get the idea..one of the comments mentioned " one example is preserved in the USAF MUSEUM
DAYTON-OHIO ! (hanging on the ceiling with a dummy
soldier inside) "
And theres a page on Wiki about it:

en.wikipedia.org...

Sort of like a precursor to mollers ideas-Pretty cool fun if you ask me,although not practical.
I think there was a rash of sightings of "flying humanoids" over Mexico a few years back.Maybe someones dusted off there old "williams" and taken it for a ride.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Generally speaking I believe in extraterrestrial and interdimensional craft, but I also believe that there have been Made-Made-UFOs since at least 70 years.

In fact, I think its easy to discern. some of the authentic UFO photographs of UFO History show these cheap looking, wobbly, tin-like saucers...these could be man-made.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Check out the edit I made on my last post Sky.

Apologies for an almost 1 liner.

CX

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This was posted a month ago.....

Flying saucers to go into production

CX.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
www.liveleak.com...

Videos bad quality but you get the idea..one of the comments mentioned " one example is preserved in the USAF MUSEUM
DAYTON-OHIO ! (hanging on the ceiling with a dummy
soldier inside) "

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

omg....a childhood dream of mine. I sure do get the idea. this stuff has been available since decades? If that could be purchased Id be an immediate buyer.

makes me wonder why none of this has been developed for the public.
maybe the powers that be, dont want us to have too much fun.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
this whole idea of just floating through town on my hoverboard, floating over landscapes (without all the complication and exhaustion of paragliding) and checking things out from a higher vantage point, zooming in on villages, travelling the earth this way....that would do it for me.

so seeing that video of the soldier hovering around many decades ago, you really wonder why the general public must remain surface dwellers. and if they finally get to fly then only under the supervision of moody stewardesses, cramped in a "seat" beside hundreds of other people.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I hear ya,although I do understand that many injuries would result from such vehicles if dished out to public...But,we are almost at the stage where computers will be able to make up for human errors in flight,so maybe then we will be allowed to buy such things.
It is amazing that for decades these kind of personal fling vehicles have been touted as part of our future,and most people if asked would jump at the chance to own one.
In that respect its breaking the laws of supply and demand-we all want one,they won't supply them...hehehe

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
These hover cars are pretty cool but they don't use any new technology. Air turbines have been around for 100 years.

Sensationalism at its best

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

In that respect its breaking the laws of supply and demand-we all want one,they won't supply them...hehehe

wait a second. it seems you might be on to a conspiracy here. youve established that hovering-boards are available since a long time. its clear that everybody wants one. its also clear that enterpreneurs would be offering what everybody wants. and still....its not being offered. strange thing.

if anybody shows up on this thread who knows if there is a law against hovering around in the air or you need a pilot license for levitating, let me know.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

if anybody shows up on this thread who knows if there is a law against hovering around in the air or you need a pilot license for levitating, let me know.

You need training and a license to fly a helicopter.
www.verticalreference.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
These hover cars are pretty cool but they don't use any new technology. Air turbines have been around for 100 years.

sensationalism? not at all. Id also accept old technology if I could just hover around the block once. why havent business-people taken this idea and made it available? thats the question.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You need training and a license to fly a helicopter.
www.verticalreference.com...

nobody is talking about a helicopter. we were talking about the hover-board used by that soldier.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

sensationalism? not at all. Id also accept old technology if I could just hover around the block once. why havent business-people taken this idea and made it available? thats the question.

Its not feasible to have everybody flying around in what is essentially an aircraft. There would be many fatalities and property damage. I mean just look at how dangerous cars can be. And those are an order of magnitude easier to operate than a hovering aircraft.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Golack]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Its not feasible to have everybody flying around in what is essentially an aircraft. There would be many fatalities and property damage. I mean just look at how dangerous cars can be. And those are an order of magnitude easier to operate than a hovering aircraft.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Golack]

I wasnt talking about everybody hovering around, only about me.

but seriously: we discussed earlier how modern computer navigation will solve most of these dangers. and how it is strange that this hasnt become a huge business yet as everyone would seem to WANT that.

furthermore, it would solve more problems than it creates. just think of the traffic and time problems taken care of. many people complain about overpopulation, but once we utilize the skies, it will not seem that crowded here anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The danger aspect is what is always claimed to be the reason-but the time will come when all vehicles have massively sophisticated computer systems which will hopefully make a crash/accident almost 100% impossible.
Until that day us lowly masses won't be trusted with such cool toys...

But an important thing to add is this:

No one ever said you can't build one for yourself !
Sure the bits will cost a fair whack,but all machines begin as a thought in someones mind...
Its amazing what people can create in their garage/shed these days.

Oh yeah Sky,they should try bolting a scaled down version of this onto a skycar:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

((Warning-turn loudspeakers quiet before viewing the youtube at above link!)

Hehe-then we definitely wouldn't be allowed to own one...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I wasnt talking about everybody hovering around, only about me.

This company offers them.
www.moller.com...

but seriously: we discussed earlier how modern computer navigation will solve most of these dangers. and how it is strange that this hasnt become a huge business yet as everyone would seem to WANT that.

Designing and building such a device would be extremely expensive. The high price would rule out a mass market appeal. Im not even sure the technology exists to make a flying disk completely automated yet.

furthermore, it would solve more problems than it creates. just think of the traffic and time problems taken care of. many people complain about overpopulation, but once we utilize the skies, it will not seem that crowded here anymore.

What about fuel consumption. These devises operate similar to a helicopter and those burn fuel in the rate of gallons per minute.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join