It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Flying Saucer Cars available

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Flying Saucer Cars soon availible

news.bbc.co.uk

BBC News: A hover car which can fly up to 10ft in the air has been showcased by a company in the United States
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its finally happening. The solution to traffic problems and the beginning of our technology competing with ETs and ITs (interdimensionals).

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Which invites another question: If man-made UFOs are now being presented to the public, how long have they been used in secret? 20 years? 50 years?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
And another interesting thing to talk about: If we all start flying saucers within the next 30 years, will it be easier for alien craft to sneak in and wander around undetected? probably.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This idea will not get off the ground (no pun intended). Rising fuel costs will not make this a viable option. Unless of course they somehow integrate the following technology:

Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation

Now THAT is a real flying saucer. Or is it a levitating saucer-shaped object?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Whats so exciting about this is:

The "flying saucers dont exist" crowd will really get a hard time when we`re flying all over their nose.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Interesting link. ONE WAY OR THE OTHER we will be having flying cars sooner or later. Its in the minds of people since decades and will therefore find actualization.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Besides, the new generational stuff will no longer be driven by fuel but by other stuff...electicity, steam, free energy, etc. its already happening all over the place. example: www.teslamotors.com

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can barely trust people to drive to a reasonable standard on a single axis road- I'm not sure I want them drunk flying around my house either.

Whichg begs the question of how the police would pull someone over in one LOL.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Check the moller website if you have not done so already-lots of vids and pics.

www.moller.com...

These guys have been going for years,hope the skycar takes off in a big way one day...pun intended.
Odd for the BBC to cover this though...a no news days maybe.

link   
I'm confused.. in my eyes I think it'd cause far more accidents and is there really much point in this technology for personal use?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Knights]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i remember watchin something to do with engeering in the 50's back everyone had thirst for knowledge also having there own flyin vechiles now i cant remember what channel it was or who was on it but 1 man that stood out with his tecnology to produce a flying car using jet engines instead of wheel flew about 1 mile or so the military did not see it to make much progress so why abandon it then to produce it know

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

Tractor Beam?
Seriously though,if these become popular the cops and armed services would be the first to get em -I think moller is actually marketing the idea with police/rescue in mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

excellent link, thanks.

when the BBC starts covering it, you know its coming closer...its starting to happen. in the 80s, as a young boy watching "back to the future II" I assumed sky cars to become available by 2010 and used by the majority of the people by 2030.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Knights

now thats darkly pessimistic. the POINT of it for personal use is:

progress. human advancement. "take me to the stars and beyond".

aunt susi will get her shopping done quicker and will have more time to think about levitation technology.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These mini planes,Diesel STOL I think are pretty cool too,OK maybe not as cool as the skycar,but check the below link to a short video of them taking off and landing in tiny tiny spaces...
I kinda hoped these would become popular too one day,for commuting and weekend jaunts.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

re-watch that video in 50 years. you`ll be laughing about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hehe,I hope so man...hopfully we'll all have skycars by then.

BTW i think the intention is to have them fitted with hi tech software to prevent mid air collisions with other vehicles,and theres talk of auto pilot and landing assit too,so hopefully they will be pretty safe-think they have 4 redundant computer systems which kick in in case of failures,and they can land safley on 1 engine.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
now thats darkly pessimistic. the POINT of it for personal use is:

progress. human advancement. "take me to the stars and beyond".

aunt susi will get her shopping done quicker and will have more time to think about levitation technology.

Yes, but if we don't have the technolody to keep cars on the road through accidents and the like then how would a flying vehicle make the shopping any safer for "anti susi"?

Most households have 1-2 cars- would that mean 1-2 saucers creating mass traffic jams in the air? Or would it be a free for all and have these vehicles flying in every direction.

The idea just isn't feasable.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is absolutely fascinating, and couldn't have come at a better time. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my real player to open the video.

But man, my imagination is running wild of what must be there.

Just this evening on my way home I was wondering when we would be ready for the free energy sources and now here I am looking at the first step towards my childhood dream of the flying car.

Hopefully they'll come out with conversion kits for classic Ford Mustangs in my lifetime.

Note: the following link is for humorous purposes only, not at all meant as a slight to the OP or the topic at hand. PG-13 material involved.

I've been having an unusually jovial past few days, and I'm in a lighthearted headspace right now.

No Longer an Issue.

Looking forward to further developments on this thread topic! Thanks again for the info Skyfloating!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join