It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache attack on Iraqi's video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OH........The "true nature of the military" do tell. And no Satry you obviously don't know what irony is. Which is IRONIC since you used it. And nobody has asked you to join the army. so quit knocking us and go find somthing else to do besides talk trash about the US military and what we're doing here. Cause you keep making it apparent that you have NO CLUE.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reason: Blah blah blah.

"I wonder why 30 million people were cheering in the streets when Saddam was gone???"

30 million people? Try 30.

"YOU CANADIANS ARE PUSSIESS THAT LET SADDAM MURDER OVER 20 MILLION OF HIS OWN PEOPLE. WHY DIDN"T YOU DO SOMETHING????? "

Why didn't the US do something? Oh wait, they did. They gave him weapons and money. My mistake.

And again, where the heck do you get this statistic? 20 million people? Huh? Please supply a link.

"IF YOUR CRAPPY COUNTRY DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLSS TO DO ANYTHING AT ANY TIME (NOT JUST IN IRAQ) YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITISIZE"

Wrong. I have every right to criticize. Whether it be your government or my own. It's called freedom of expression. The US used to have it too, remember?

"WMD's are stupid people like you! We need to liberate the world from stupid people like you!!"

This actually seems like a lame kind of threat. More lame than threat though, so it's okay.

Slam my country as much as you want, I don't really care. You have no clue about what Canada is, what kind of international image we have, or probably even where we are geographically. And I'm not concerned with your opinion since it seems to be only based on emotion, not fact.

j

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Whatever. You've made it quite clear that you're just another drone, without enough sense to know not to sell your life to anyone. The gov't doesn't value your life half as much as you probably do. Furthermore, your principles and/morals don't matter to them. In effect, you've sold them too.
FYI, I was being sarcastic when I used the word "irony". It's like, "Geez, I wonder why they're attacking us, when we're only here to bomb them?"

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hey Jakomo, still waiting for where you saw combat. you know....unless you "just don't wanna talk about it"

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
TextIt really makes me very upset, when we have in this country, what is known as "arm-chair generals." These people seem to think that they all have the ultimate and most logic approach and explanation for every action that takes place in a theater of combat. Being already in Iraq for almost a year now, I find that people who have never been in the military, find it easy to critisize it. The video that was shot is real, it truly shows the American miltary doing their jobs, with the knowledge and experience that we have to eliminate a potential threat to us over here. I have to agree with Medic there. He and I have the right idea on this matter. War is never something that people want to use to achive their goals. But it neccessary sometimes to achieve peace. Without that we have nothing at all. Please, to all you people who critisize the pilots who fired upon the terrorists with their apache guns, let us do our jobs so that you can sleep at night, so that you can wake up in the morning, so that you can keep taking your way of life for granted at our expense. We have no option to duck out, exit stage left, run for the hills. We are here because we choose to make the difference here for the Iraqi people, so they no longer live in tyranny and fear as they previously did. Kepe your eye on the ball, people.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
medic: Bosnia and Somalia.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Whatever huh? I think you realize you have no argument here. In fact you never did. just like the whole irony thing. And the government must care for us more than ya'll, cause i don't hear them telling us how crappy we are or what poor job we're doing. Thanks for trying to make a point though. Better luck next time. Oh yeah the irony thing. Might wanna look it up before using it agian.

link   
Looks like a whole cavalry has joined this thread.

All in all, the invading was caused by false pretenses.

The soldiers are doing thier job given to them by thier superiors.

Deep

link   
Go back to Afghanistan, where the real terrorists were supposed to be from. I have no problem with that war. At least it seemed to have a purpose. You still don't realize that this has somehow been turned into a war on Iraq, when Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11? That, to me, is what's so ridiculous. We already had one war. We didn't need two. And what's happening in Afghanistan now? All we hear about is Iraq, where we never should have been in the first place.

Originally posted by medic
Whatever huh? I think you realize you have no argument here. In fact you never did. just like the whole irony thing. And the government must care for us more than ya'll, cause i don't hear them telling us how crappy we are or what poor job we're doing. Thanks for trying to make a point though. Better luck next time. Oh yeah the irony thing. Might wanna look it up before using it agian.

Whatever, buddy.
Soldiers are known to be pretty smart.
(more sarcasm, in case you missed it)

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Alright....
I'm urging caution on this thread by all participants before this thread seriously deteriorates and spins out of control....please.

The topic is: Apache attack on Iraqi's video. Please strive to maintain the intent and integrity of this topic/thread.
Civility and descretion people....please. I urge all to please refrain from flamming and insults.

Thank you.
Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bosnia huh? Somlia?..... COMBAT? in bosnia? the canadians? lol. When? Careful, i just might know somthing about those "conflicts".

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Medic&Soldiermedic and any other vets out there...
I got out almost a year ago and I miss it...but what I have to say is this...of all the ribbons,pins,medals etc..
the things that meant the most was when civillians thanked me..especially children...I know yall know what I mean...So..I know Im speaking for thousands of honest to goodness we love our boys americans..
Thank You one and all...God Bless you.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
Bosnia huh? Somlia?..... COMBAT? in bosnia? the canadians? lol. When? Careful, i just might know somthing about those "conflicts".

this is too funny media.

The terrorist deserved to die in the Apache video.

I would rather have the Terrorists die in the video than our soilders like Medic.

So i basically don't agree with the others posistions.

I Don't stab my troops in the back while they are getting shot at in the front. Only an inhuman person would do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There has been to many times over here when we have seen the true casualties of this war here: the children. they are the innocents, they are the future generations that will determine the path of this country in years to come. We are only here to aid them in thier efforts to rebuild again, to remove that which keeps these people beneath its boot. Fear. The fear of political prosocution, the fear of returning to a life of oppression and fear of another tyrant such as Saddam Hussein returning to power. The childern here that I have seen die and that have been injured in this conflict is simply another voice that is forever lost, and it only weakens the potential that Iraq can achieve here with the right guidance. CyberPilot, Medic and I thank you for your support in our efforts. Take care, my friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
we really appreciate it cbyer pilot. Satry, why are you still posting? your done. You've made no point about the video or what happened in it. You wanna know whats going on in afghanistan? look it up from home. I got more things to worry about at hand, than whether SF can hold their own. So just lay off. And if you truly feel this way than walk up to a soldier and tell him in person. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to "reason" with you about the situation here and the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
medic: "Bosnia huh? Somlia?..... COMBAT? in bosnia? the canadians? lol. When? Careful, i just might know somthing about those "conflicts"."

Really? Canadians were not in Bosnia or Somalia? Wow, please regale me with your knowledge on the subject.

There are STILL Canadian forces in Bosnia.

jakomo

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with Medic up there. Our soldiers would be happy to tell you anytime the true nature of what it is like over here, and to define what we actaully are. We are human before we are anything else, and it is that humanity in all of us that wishes no harm to those who wish only good things for the future here. Potential threats are dealt with swiftly and surely. You have to be human before you can be a soldier. There are no "drones" in the military. We are all intelligent, confident, and competent in our duties, and able to discern right from wrong. We all have the ability to make choices. We all have morals. We all have feelings and emotions, we all feel sadness when the loss of a fellow soldier occurs. We all feel sadness just as much when we have the death of someone who did not deserve to die throughout all this. We all are angered by terrorists' efforts to thwart our efforts and tiols to bring order and civility to a ragged war-torn land. We do not and will never lie down quietly to those who wish sourviergn people harm. That is the way it is. Talk to your nearest soldier should you have any questions. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
WOW...when i reread my post i take notice to the fact that i never said canadians werent there. I said there was no major combat. maybe you should reread it too

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join