Apache attack on Iraqi's video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
I cannot see anywhere that anyone had anything that looked like a weapon. There was farm equipment and a truck, but no weapons.

That's because the video going around is incomplete - it doesn't show the weapon....

I think we've discusses this 100 times already. I re-watched the video linked in the thread, and it's even shorter than previous ones I have seen. All that I have seen on the 'net are much shorter than the whole video which ran on ABC news - that too I saw. None that I have seen, except the original on ABC, shows the whole video!! So, why are these so-called journalism sites, such as 'journalism.co.uk' showing the video, with parts missing - like the parts with the RPG??

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
how is it murder when its war? What do you think happens during a war? Being behind a computer, and being on the battlefield are 2 different worlds. They are in a war, they get commands from their superiors.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's because the video going around is incomplete - it doesn't show the weapon....

ABC wants you to pay for a subsciption to see the video. Is there any other sources, or can anyone get the video and post an image from it here?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dude, if you think Iraqi farmers are driving around in troop trucks and carrying HOT exhaust pipes around then I simply can't help you.

I also find it interesting that you have completely ignored the fact that the Helo was tracking them. What do you think? Our Helos track farmers from the barn to the field to watch them grab hot exhaust pipes out of the INTERIOR of their trucks?! Are you for real here?!

Additionally that was NOT infra red it was NIGHT VISION. You have no idea what the temperature of the RPG was...

My GOD...

P...
m...

[Edited on 1-17-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

ABC wants you to pay for a subsciption to see the video. Is there any other sources, or can anyone get the video and post an image from it here?

I have a subscription so that's why I've seen the whole thing. For $10.00 a month you get alot. I don't know how else you can get it. It would seem to me that if it was released by the D.O.D. they may have it for free tomorrow (after the news agencies have made their money)...

P...
m...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

I think we've discusses this 100 times already. I re-watched the video linked in the thread, and it's even shorter than previous ones I have seen. All that I have seen on the 'net are much shorter than the whole video which ran on ABC news - that too I saw. None that I have seen, except the original on ABC, shows the whole video!! So, why are these so-called journalism sites, such as 'journalism.co.uk' showing the video, with parts missing - like the parts with the RPG??
[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Bob88]

I would have to say they are doing it to feed the FIRES of ignorance and US bashing... Look at Ultra Phoenix's post for Christ's sake!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dude, if you think Iraqi farmers are driving around in troop trucks and carrying HOT exhaust pipes around then I simply can't help you.

In the video's not on ABC there is no object being carried by the men. The closest thing to a long object on the screen was the exhaust on the tractor. It was not being carried. It is clearly part of the tractor.

Additionally that was NOT infra red it was NIGHT VISION. You have no idea what the temperature of the RPG was...

The Apache uses FLIR infared night vision, not light amplification.

The TADS (AN/ASQ-170) and the pilot night-vision sensor (PNVS) AN/AAQ-11 were developed by Lockheed Martin. The turret-mounted TADS provides direct-view optics, television and three-fields-of-view forward-looking infrared (FLIR) to carry out search, detection and recognition, and Litton laser rangefinder/designator. PNVS consists of a FLIR in a rotating turret located on the nose above the TADS. The image from the PNVS is displayed in the monocular eyepiece of the Honeywell-integrated helmet and display sighting system (HADDS), worn by the pilot and copilot/gunner.

www.airforce-technology.com...

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey Springer maybe william might let you upload the part we havn't seen to ATS for us to download?

I too would like to see the weapon. Failing that a screen shot of the scene would suffice, you could post it here...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You can see the long version here...this is on my website...

NOTICE: You must have the latest DIVX decoding software to see this video properly.

click here

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You can see the long version here...this is on my website...

Thank you for posting it.

My initial observations are that there is no telling what the object was. It was throw into the field.

Then there is a gap in the video. What is missing, and why did they cut it out?

Later one runs up to a tractor. The driver gets off, and begins walking towards the truck.

Then the Apache opens fire.

He shot first at the one who was driving the tractor. He was not carring anything, nor was anyone else when the shooting began.

It appears that they did not even notice the helicopter, or were not concerned about it.

When they fired there was no threat against them.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is NO tractor in this video. There IS a pickup truck and a troop hauler but NO tractor or farm impliment of any sort.

STOP with the helpless farmer BS already. these guys were being tracked by the occupying military's helicopter and commited SUICIDE. Simple as that.

P...
m...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Then what is that thing to the left of the 2 trucks, where the first 2 guys get smoked....a pizza oven??

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well why does the guy look around, suddenly dart off to drop the "exhaust pipe" in the middle of the field as fast as he can (while looking around to see if anybody is watching) and quickly run back to the truck.

Seems like an odd way to try to fix a tractor with an exhaust pipe.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yup I posted this several days ago.At the end of the posts I have a link where you can download the full .avi.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It damn sure is NOT a tractor, could be a junction box on the side of the road or any number of box shaped items typically found beside a roadway.

The whole "farm" thing is a LOAD OF #...

m...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It damn sure is NOT a tractor, could be a junction box on the side of the road or any number of box shaped items typically found beside a roadway.

The whole "farm" thing is a LOAD OF

I can clearly see the tractor. The hot exhaust is clearly visible.

Early in the video it is not there in the field, then later it is.

That is not a stationary object. You can even see the rows it has drawn in the field.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

1) Dude, if you think Iraqi farmers are driving around in troop trucks and carrying HOT exhaust pipes around then I simply can't help you.

2) I also find it interesting that you have completely ignored the fact that the Helo was tracking them. What do you think? Our Helos track farmers from the barn to the field to watch them grab hot exhaust pipes out of the INTERIOR of their trucks?! Are you for real here?!

3) Additionally that was NOT infra red it was NIGHT VISION. You have no idea what the temperature of the RPG was...

4) My GOD...

1) There are 3 vehicles and the third one is looking like a tractor. On this one, we can see what's look like an exhaust pipe. Also, this so-called " rpg " is much bigger and tall than a man. Are you sure that you already saw an rpg ?

2) Why not ? You see 3 men ( suspects ), then you start to track them, just to know what they really do, cuz you're not sure. Once again, it's a thing that I did. Obviously, you never did it or never had to do it.

3)
Man, I can clearly see " FLIR " on the video. Check the upper left corner.
Anyway, even without this " FLIR " written on the video, it's obvious that its' an infra-red system.

4) My God is better than your.

Look Springer, I know the video is not complete. So it would be great if you had a link. I would like to see the whole video, and not just a little part, evidently done to confuse us all. And if you can't find it, please stop. Because you're not very convincing.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I just got the video earlier tonight from a friend. I thought it was a little strange myself. The weapon the apache used was the cannon located under the nose I'm guessing although I'm not sure. Interesting though

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"Everybody sees only what they want to see."

spot-on

people like archangel are so tied up with their anti-war thoughts that the truth doesnt matter; theyll just make it up as it suits their opinions - as long as it goes against the united states. its sickening.

if the US troops who shot those men would walk up to archangel and tell him/her that the people they'd shot were earlier shooting at US troops, AA would probably say they were lying. If an Iraqi who witnessed the shooting told AA that the men who were shot had earlier been attacking US troops, AA would probably say this Iraqi had been payed to say that by the US.

that wasnt JUST aimed at AA btw. its just the general idea i get when seeing the reactions of anti-war'ers to news stories.

[edit - sorry for bad english etc]

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by GeniusSage]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
people like archangel are so tied up with their anti-war thoughts that the truth doesnt matter; theyll just make it up as it suits their opinions - as long as it goes against the united states. its sickening.

The mind has a way of making rationalizations about other people that fit their own view.

I am not ant-war. I am anti-unjustfied-war.

There is a big difference between the two.

The primary justification for the war was WMD. Where are they, and were is one piece of pre-war evidence that was not founded on lies?

The truth does matter to me. More than most anything else. If you think clearly you would see that those who were against the war in Iraq were for truth. If you were for the war you are for lies.

I am not against America. I am for us. We share the same concern for our nation, we just don't agree on what actions are best for us.

I have not seen any evidence that attacking and occupying Iraq was needed, or that it has made us safer.

Results are what matters, and the results are that we went against the entire world and attacked a nation that was no threat to us, and had done us no harm.

All we did was provide terrorists with greater motive to strike us.

America is all of the people, and all of their opinions. Just because they do not believe the same as you does not make them anti-American. If you are against other americans because they are against the war then you are the one who is anti-american. Please do not destroy the freedoms in my country so that you can have your unjustified wars. If everyone does not have freedom to express their opinions then neither do you.

I am not against America, I am against the things that are wrong with America. We are not perfect, and we never will be. When people fail to stand up to the lies after they were used to start a war what will they do next based on lies?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join