It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache attack on Iraqi's video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.journalism.co.uk...

Anyone seen this yet?
You can download the video of it....

A graphic US military video showing the killing of three Iraqi people is being circulated via the web after appearing on US TV news channel ABC News.

more.abcnews.go.com...

The video, obtained by ABCNEWS, shows grainy images of three Iraqis on the ground handling a long cylindrical object that the helicopter pilots believe is a weapon.

The pilots, from the Army's 4th Infantry Division, ask their commanders for permission to engage, then take the three men out one by one, using the Apache's devastating 30 mm cannons.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.thecia.net...

I could not see the video at the link without registering, which I would rather not do. Here is another video of the event.

I cannot see anywhere that anyone had anything that looked like a weapon. There was farm equipment and a truck, but no weapons.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The only long cylindrical object I can see in the video is the exhaust of the tractor. It is bright white because it is so hot. The pilot would know this from experience with the infared system.

These men were no threat to the helicopter. This looks like murder.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"These men were no threat to the helicopter. This looks like murder."

absolute ignorance. dont even PRETEND you know whats happening there.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
absolute ignorance. dont even PRETEND you know whats happening there.

Please explain what these people did to deserve death?

It looks like people on a farm. There are no weapons in the video.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"Please explain what these people did to deserve death?"

how the hell am i supposed to know? and more importantly, how the hell are you supposed to know?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That is very disturbing. Human life has been reduced to reason. War is certainly one of the ugliest sides of life.

I pray that none of us have to experience this first hand.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Link to the Story

A senior Army official who viewed the tape said the pilots had the legal right to kill the men because they were carrying a weapon. He said there were no ground troops in the area and if the Apache pilots had let the three Iraqis go, the men might have gone on to kill American troops.

Keane agreed. "Those weapons were obviously not being pointed at them in particular, but they [the three Iraqis] are using those weapons in their minds for lethal means and they [the Apache pilots] have a right to interfere with that," he said.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
it's true. by the video, nobody exept those who were shot down can know why they were.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
war has been going on ever since the beginning of man.

'tis not nice.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
it's true. by the video, nobody exept those who were shot down can know why they were.

How could they know why?

It would be the pilot who would know why.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont see any weapons, nor Do I see these Iraqi's posing any sort of threat.

Thier running, not fighting!

Deep

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
zerodeep, you know nothing so dont pretend you do.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

zerodeep, you know nothing so dont pretend you do.

If you seem to know all, please educate us?

The third man, seems to be hiding under the truck and yet is killed or should I say murdered?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What that video showed was three insurgents taking an RPG out of a truck and depositing it in a field to set up for the shot. The US Army Air Corps permanently delayed their attack.

Then with military precision they destroyed their equipment, the trucks they were transporting weapons in.

This is WAR. WAR is hell. When you live in an occupied country and you see a helicopter tracking you, the SMART thing to do is pull over to the side of the road, put your hands in the air and await ground troops to clear or arrest you.

The SUICIDAL thing to do is exactly what these dead morons did... Pull a long tube that looks EXACTLY like an RPG out of a truck and run into a field and "pretend" to set up a shot. That will get you KILLED 100% of the time.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks Springer.

That throws everything into persepective.

I was simply going from what I saw.

Deep

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What that video showed was three insurgents taking an RPG out of a truck and depositing it in a field to set up for the shot. The US Army Air Corps permanently delayed their attack.

Was this in the video at ABC because I did not see that anywhere in any of the other versions of the video on the web that I have seen(all are the same so far).

Maybe someone could find that part of the video and blow it up so the supposed tube can be seen.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"If you seem to know all, please educate us?"

have you been reading my posts?!!

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The SUICIDAL thing to do is exactly what these dead morons did... Pull a long tube that looks EXACTLY like an RPG out of a truck and run into a field and "pretend" to set up a shot. That will get you KILLED 100% of the time.

PEACE...
m...

Where did you see a long tube that looks EXACTELY like an RPG ? I just saw a tube who's clearly hot because it's an EXHAUST. I already had in hands an rpg-7, and it wasn't looking like this so-called rpg. An rpg-7 rocket-launcher is less longer.

On the video, I saw 3 men who had a mechanical problem with a truck ( farmer tractor ? ) and were trying to repair it. Also, the second man killed was waving his right hand with a piece of textile ( white flag ? ). And none of these men tryed to shot at the AH-64.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Everybody sees only what they want to see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join