It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland Exposed! ‘Vegetation On Mars’ Explanation A Joke!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I cannot support the claims of Mr. Lear. I cannot deny the claims of Mr. Lear. Neither can most of you, unless you have actually been to the moons and planets ... or ... you have a telescope that can give you details that are in the meters to inches range ... if so ... and you are here ... why aren't you posting pictures from that telescope!!!

Ive got to say that i deny the claims of Lear simply because all evidence i have seen points to the contrary. When he does not give any evidence to support his own claim, i have to assume my own is true. Simply because i have no alternative.

If he can give me a well reasoned arguement with factual evidence then i may have to revise my views. If not, i know who to trust.

Me, of course.

They do sell close to 30" telescopes ... they may cost as much as a sub-compact car ... but if you have the money, go for it ... prove or disprove it all ... I bet you could make the investment back and some.

Im sure someone in the world has one or 2 of these, and why arent we hearing about the colonies of mars?

why arent people shouting it at the streetcorners

(people who arnt wearing signs saying 'the end is nigh' on them)

Is it possible that the assumptions of veteran scientists are wrong? Yes. Is it possible some are compliant or part of a decption? Of course. I am not saying any of it is true, but I can't be sure it isn't.

I can be sure it isnt, i am very good friends with the Scientists at my local observatory, and i spend some time there looking at various things.

Of what we have seen of the universe, i can say it is beautiful, dark, and mostly empty.

I do know that they claim crappy photos as being the best the have, but then years later release better photos from the same time. I guess public funded photos are classified? I hope I never have to wait years or decades to get back pictures of the mountains on a vacation

Where do you get this from?

(the past photo thing, not the vacation thing
)

As far as I am concerned, there very well could be life on Venus ... them knowing about it would be a great reason why we don't study it too much, though it is our 'sister' planet.

Also the fact that it is difficult to learn anything new about it with the instruments we have.

Most of planetary science today is waiting for technology to catch up with the hypothesis'

Maybe the culture is underground on Mars, makes it easier to deny life, if that is the purpose. I don't deny the fact there could be life on all the planets. Do I think they are humans or humanoids?

I dont believe that if life was found in the universe that it would have to necessarily believe it is humanoid.

Look at the other animals on Earth, for example.

but Scientists have looked at the biological relationships between human beings and animals, looked at what makes them tick.

We discover how we KNOW life can be created and sustained, the natural elements of this.

Light, Water, Oxygen, etc.

Now looking for concentrations of those is much easier than looking for 'life'.

Let me create another example, simply because i like them

Now, there are 2 kinds of questions, big questions and small questions.

The problem lays in saying which is which.

I could say a big question is "Explain the gravitational relationship between earth, the moon and Sol."

A scientist could run the numbers, do the math and give me a good answer.

I could say a small question is "why is the colour red?"

Now, big questions are answerable, simple because they are more specific. A small question is so broad in its topic that we cannot literally answer it. We need to cut it up into new specific questions, which are bigger.

"Why do we see this colour as red?"

"What does red mean to most humans"

"Why is red synonimous with passion"

Etc, etc.

Making something more specific makes it answerable.

Possibly, but, I would think they might be different as well. I am not saying that there are, but am saying the possibility is there. Unless you are privy to information and trips from beyond this planet, you cannot deny the possibility, you can say you don't believe so, but it is still possible.

I dont doubt it to be a possibility, but finding it would be too hard for our current technology, so we must make the small questions bigger (or the big questions smaller, it all depends on your persepctive)

Just like I can say I don't believe we are alone in this solar system, but it is possible until undeniable proof is presented ... as in, I see it with my own eyes.

That reasoning is sloppy, in my mind.

The sort of "It doesnt say i cant, so i can" kind of reasoning. If you ever play a wargame youll know how annoying it gets.

We can provide you with as much evidence as we can why life cant exist on certain places, you call it circumstantial and inconsequential.

You dont want life to be not be there.

Its just personal bias, we deal with it all the time.

In fact, I would think humanoid life would be more of a reason for cover up, since it would throw a wrench in the gears of a lot of human minds on earth ... since it goes against everything they are taught to believe since elementary school ... which would then cause other issues, like everything is a lie, authority is corrupt, etc. A whole can of worms that they are not willing to open up and set free.

Are you talking about Religion?

religions have to learn to move with the times. If new humanoid (or non humanoid) life is found in the universe, they can sit back and cut their losses and say they were wrong (unlikely) or say that God works in mysterious ways (likely) and call it a day (or a holy war)

It is technically possible that everything we have heard is the truth, to the best of their knowledge ... (etc) time and look into things and research things beyond the scope of your personal belief system.

But people dont like this possibility, they like action.

But ... you still love your family, and your family loves you ... whether there are people on Mars or not ... no matter what the truth is. The other stuff doesn't matter as much as the love in your life. You can only do what you can ... so think freely and act out of virtue ... and you will do the right things when the time comes.

Brilliant ending.

Thank you for that, good read, hope you enjoy my answers

new topics

<< 1   >>

join