It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11/07 and the whole no camera issue in new york?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't even know if this went into effect or not, but if it did it seems like it could cause some problems for demonstrators or anybody trying to document this... www.wearechange.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What no camera law in New York???

There is no such thing, at all please get your facts correct before you post 1/2 the information.

It was discussed that the local NY gov was going to require a permit of a gathering of people filming in one place for more than 30 minutes (including taking photos). This was done not to try and stop average joe from taking pictures, as a way to make sure that independent film makers, and photographers have proper insurance, I think after an accidnet of some kind

1) Film or still photography activity involving a tripod and a crew of 5 or more persons (at one site for 10 or more minutes) would require a permit, or the same activity among two people at a single site for more than 30 minutes. However, note that this situation is RARE for recreational photographers;
2) Applicants unable to meet the insurance requirement may be eligible for a waiver of insurance;
3) Still photographers engaged in "permitted" activity (activity where you need a permit) would require insurance. "Permitted" activity can include those where vehicles or equipment other than hand-held cameras are used.

That was on July 3rd
www.nyc.gov...

The rules were published on May 25, 2007 and a hearing on the proposed rules took place on June 28, 2007. In response to the significant interest in the rules, MOFTB extended the comment period through August 3, 2007. After August 3rd, MOFTB will be reviewing comments. Upon completion of this review, MOFTB will redraft the proposed rules, taking into account input and feedback it has received from interested parties, to more effectively strike the balance between public safety and the needs of filmmakers.

Among other things, the re-drafting phase will focus on meaningfully addressing concerns that sections (b)(ii) and (b)(iii) affected individuals who were not engaged in the type of activities traditionally regulated by MOFTB. These are the sections of the proposed rules that defined the conduct which triggered the requirement for a permit from MOFTB and included such considerations as the number of people involved and the duration of the activity. The redrafted proposed rules will then be published, a new 30-day comment period will be provided, and a public hearing will be held to consider the new proposal.

this was as of August 3rd
www.nyc.gov...

And with the speed of buracracy so far no new rules have been drafted or accepted.

There have never been proposal of any laws to prohibit photography in NYC

Believe me I take pics in NYC all the time. Here is some stuff I took pictures of on the upper west side.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Torlough]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry ment to edit but hit quote instead
:emberassed:

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Torlough]

join