Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

300 poultry farmers die of Bird flu

page: 2
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hachiban08
 


Naw I get what you're saying.
I see now, thanks lol




posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
reply to post by hachiban08
 


Naw I get what you're saying.
I see now, thanks lol


you're welcome and i like the osaka-chan avatar



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hachiban08
get it or am i a bit confusing? sorry for that



You would be less confusing if you used sentances.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i was taught to paraphrase



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The flu that ended the First World War spread through army camps first where young men were contained in close quarters. It got to the point that there were not enough soldiers to muster a decent duel.

This next one will start in slums of India and cities in China, from their it will be mostly third world nations hit the hardest. Though a virus can travel with it's host by plane to anywhere on the globe in less than a day, I think most of the world will get a heads up before it turns into a wildfire.

It's sad to say, but the poor will actually be an early warning system for the wealthy nations and give us some time to prepare.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm curious, All you one world order guys out there, what do you think about this? Isnt the next step in the agenda suppose to be population reduction? Is this a designer plague created to do just that? Its funny how it mutated so rapidily so that it can be transferred from human to human.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm trying to find the conspiracy angle here.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
I'm curious, All you one world order guys out there, what do you think about this? Isnt the next step in the agenda suppose to be population reduction? Is this a designer plague created to do just that? Its funny how it mutated so rapidily so that it can be transferred from human to human.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm trying to find the conspiracy angle here.


I wouldn't say this has NWO on it at all. Avian flu is not really a 'designer virus'. every year we have a flu, its mainly from the same strain, with a few mutations into it so it will actually make us ill. By design the normal flu we get actually starts out in avians. This new strain is a completely different type than what our bodies know, which means it can indeed be devistating. This version of the flu has been around for a few years, I dont think the mutation to human-to-human was that fast, IMHO. It's not the NWO thats trying to control the population using this means, it's mother nature.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Curious that this report says 300 poultry farmers die of bird flu, when the World Health Organization reports that the cumulative total of all Bird Flu deaths worldwide is only 195.

Cumulative Number of Confirmed Human Cases of Avian Influenza A/(H5N1) Reported to WHO 2003 - 2007
Updated 23 August 2007


{edit} And none of the deaths listed in the WHO report were in Ghana.



[edit on 8/30/07 by makeitso]



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

It's sad to say, but the poor will actually be an early warning system for the wealthy nations and give us some time to prepare.


Aye it is, but will even that be enough of a warning? If I'm not mistaken, this virus can spread across an entire country in little over a week, mutating as it goes.

Say it starts in China, if we get a sample of it then and successfully engineer a vaccine, will it be any good when it reaches say, France?

Is there really anything we can do except severe ties with the outside world when we can confirm it in our countries?



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar
 


Even if a vaccine is created, it takes a while for companies to make mass quantities of it....



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru
 


But will the end product even work? Virus's mutate all the time, so will the vaccine work when the virus has worked it's way through the populace?

My knowledge on virus's, admittably, is only of a secondary school level mind.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar
 

thats a good question... considering the virus is something our body hasnt "experienced" before, I would figure even through the mutations, a generic Avian flu vaccine would be "helpful"



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
 


It didnt happen in Ghana and its because it spreads the news to other countries that's y it said from Ghana
oh and i think they are trying to fully confirm that it was seriously like you know seriously bird flu.
But that's what i think i just posted it to see your guys' thoughts about the wording of it and maybe the WHO doesnt want tos scare the population just yet



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
 


It didnt happen in Ghana and its because it spreads the news to other countries that's y it said from Ghana
oh and i think they are trying to fully confirm that it was seriously like you know seriously bird flu.
But that's what i think i just posted it to see your guys' thoughts about the wording of it and maybe the WHO doesnt want tos scare the population just yet



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Run for the hills, chicken littles, the sky is falling!!!

Seriously, how does an article from Ghana talking about the locals preparations for ANY possible bird flu outbreak, turn into this miasma of inaccuracy?

Please point out where, in the article, it says it can transmit human to human??
300 poultry farmers WORLDWIDE have contracted H5N1, not in Ghana. Does the fact that they're POULTRY WORKERS ring any bells?? You don't think the fact that they're in close contact with tens of thousands of birds every day, has anything to do with it?

Now don't get me wrong, IF H5N1 mutates rapidly, we could be seriously screwed, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened, yet.

Just have a look at the havoc that equine influenza is causing in Australia at the moment. The Spring racing carnival has been canceled in Sydney and potentially, 50,000 jobs could be on the line, in ONE state. And it was possibly caused by a government facility releasing the disease by accident (or was it???).

Way to scare the kiddies



posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Run for the hills, chicken littles, the sky is falling!!!

Seriously, how does an article from Ghana talking about the locals preparations for ANY possible bird flu outbreak, turn into this miasma of inaccuracy?

Please point out where, in the article, it says it can transmit human to human??
300 poultry farmers WORLDWIDE have contracted H5N1, not in Ghana. Does the fact that they're POULTRY WORKERS ring any bells?? You don't think the fact that they're in close contact with tens of thousands of birds every day, has anything to do with it?

Now don't get me wrong, IF H5N1 mutates rapidly, we could be seriously screwed, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened, yet.

Just have a look at the havoc that equine influenza is causing in Australia at the moment. The Spring racing carnival has been canceled in Sydney and potentially, 50,000 jobs could be on the line, in ONE state. And it was possibly caused by a government facility releasing the disease by accident (or was it???).

Way to scare the kiddies


ok, 1) not in Ghana, its a report to the people because its news to them and its also in other places too. 2) I posted this not to scare anyone just to see what the others thought of the wording of it and 3) please dont assume that scarying people was my intinion because it wasnt . thank you



posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hachiban08
 


For those who are interested, we have a chat board only for Bird Flu. It's called "Avian Flu Talk" and we have some regular users. Multiple threads for different things on the broad subject.



posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Your right, the vaccine may not work. But, even if it doesn't stop you from getting ill, it will expose you to a strain that is at least similiar to the one your body is trying to fight off. So, i'd rather take the vaccine and take my chances, than risk getting the virus, my lungs filling with fluid, and choking to death on my own blood/fluid. Certainly isn't a nice way to die



posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
rather interesting choice of words but i do get your point.



posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
rather interesting choice of words but i do get your point.





new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join