It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! My empathy is out of control.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Okay, I have a very real problem.

For the past like week or two I've been working really hard on developing my empathy and telepathy. About 3 days ago I realized that I might not want to be an empath, so I tried really hard to control it with tips you all sent me....
I don't really think they are working. My empathy has gotten so bad now that if I am with two people I am overloaded with emotion. I'm also finding out things I don't want to know (secret crushes, test answers, dark secrets) and they're starting to affect my relationships.
At school, I'm pretty well known, so I just can't drop out of the social-scene to get this under control, but I need to like harness it or something. I am really starting to make a break through with telepathy; last night i could tell what my brother was dreaming.
I don't think this is good for me anymore... I really do not want to know these things. Is there any way I can permentially shut off my empathy and telepathy?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
I don't think this is good for me anymore... I really do not want to know these things. Is there any way I can permentially shut off my empathy and telepathy?

How did you start this in the first place

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Start empathy? I've always had it on like low level, but then I realized that it was a gift that i could trainj to get better, so I did. Telepathy sorta poped into that after I got better w/ empathy. My telepathy is pretty bad though. I an't really controll it. Latley like the past two days it's been really bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You must hone your skill on using shields to filter or block unwanted energy. Visualize a waterfall or ice for a sheild. This practice is just as important if not more than your other abilities, because it is your protection. Achoring or grounding are other practices for protection.

www.psipog.net...
This is a wnderful site if you havent already been here
--Kris

this is a quote from the above website in the q and a section in "empathy":

"Q: Receiving too many emotions is overwhelming me. How do I filter some out?

A: Ground and center very well. If afterward you still need a filter, create a shield around yourself to block all empathy. Then when you choose to receive empathically, tell the shield exactly what to let through. When you are done, tell it to block everything again."

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by xxKristinexx]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you were born with it, you most likely can't just turn it off. I have never been able to. Shields as we all have told you are good. This is not something you just can do after your first try. Like anything else, you MUST work on it.

I have a question. WHY on earth did you try to "develope" what you had before you learned more about it?

Playing with this is like anything else, if you don't know what you are going to do, learn about it first. Then if you like what you have learned and KNOW you will be able to handle it, THEN do it.

Now, I sent you a whole heap of links last week. And along with the psipog links, these will help. But you have to PRACTICE this stuff. I equate it to playing my guitar. The longer I practice, the better I get. I didn't just pick my guitar up and play like Joe Satriani one day. I have to work with it and develop it. I am still much better with my mental gifts than the guitar, but I have also been learning this since I realized I was empathic about 15 years ago.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Use the shielding techniques DAILY. It will come top you, but you must give it time and be patient.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You are going to think I am crazy but I have seen many things that make me think there are many people in my working environment who are reading my mind constantly. They are continually asking to one another: what is he thinking? And they come out with very accurate answers. Even things i make up. When I noticed this was happening it was devastating for me. I heard a guy saying that there was a girl who could actually quickly pick up my thoughts. Now my situation is that as one has learned to read my thoughts, now there are many more who have developed this ability to know what i am thinking. I memorize poems and say them in my head. And they know I am doing this. I also do this with songs. I also try to speak telepathically to those who I think that can read my mind and i can see in their faces that they are listening. This is a very bad experience for me and I feel like i am being abused. Cause every dream I have, every fantasy I have, everything I do in my free time is out there. They just have no respect. They maliciously touch every fiber i have in me and talk about it. I really dont know what to do. There are at least 8 people at my job who I think have this ability to read my mind. You may think i have a bipolar disorder or something but i am pretty aware that this is what is going on. What can i do to make this situation go away. I am not going to change job just because there are people who are maliciously abusing me in tryin to put everything that is mine and sacred to me out there for everyone else to see!!!! I have made this decision, and i am sticking with it. I will be tough, but I need protection from this, or at least know how to deal with this situation in a better way.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Valedamar

Too much empathy? I really feel for you.

Honestly, empathy is a great thing. It sounds to me like you are stuck right now, and rather than going backwards you should continue forwards.

Your situation reminds me a bit of a medical student, learning about anatomy, disgusted with having to work with cadavers and disturbed upon learning about horrible diseases.

Yet experience shows that we can become desensitized to these things, without losing our humanity.

Go forward, rise above. You possess a useful and important talent. Exercise it cautiously, develop it slowly, and it will serve both you and the rest of the world.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soloraci

Maybe I can help here Soloraci.

First -- I absolutely DO NOT think people can actually read the details of your mind. Unless you are working for some government agency or something, which would have a ridiculously high concentration of psychics, there is NO WAY you are going to bump into several people in your office place with any significant psychic talent. It is too rare. It may not exist at all.

So -- this is a delusion. you can quit worrying about that. (When I say delusion, I mean this more in a general sense, not a clinical sense -- it is a common delusion that we all have from time to time.) Although people may think they know what you are saying, they can only get a vague shadow of your thoughts. They cannot get any detailed info from you.

What I think is happening here is that you are broadcasting this delusion to the people around you. You may have some psychic power here, and may be affecting those around you into thinking that they know you better than they actually do.

My recommendation: first realize that the people around you cannot see your private thoughts. Then, broadcast some OTHER delusion, such as you are an amazing genius, with rare talent, powerful empathy, and extremely valuable. That should be an easy thing to broadcast, because it seems (from your post) that this is actually an accurate depiction of you.

Don't focus on the negative -- be positive!

I know that is easier said than done, but please give it a try.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

It's a "delusion", Buck Division?

Hell, no. It isn't.
I don't know about the OP, obviously, but empathy and actually "reading" (feeling, even hearing) other people's thoughts and feelings as if they were your own, isn't a delusion. It may be rare, but it isn't a delusion.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

You must have mistaken what I said, and I want to defend my original point, with all due respect to your point above.

#

What I said was "delusional" was that several people in the office place were reading Soloraci's mind. Here is why:

Certainly, if mind reading exists (and it may or may not, but I confess that think it does) it is so RARE and UNIQUE a capability that, to find several people in one location with this talent, is NOT POSSIBLE.

Let me also say -- delusions exist! Absolutely! They can be brought about by complex events that people are trying to rationalize. You have to be careful not to become deluded! I stand by my analysis of that. Delusion is unfortunately a part of the human condition, and I am trying to help Soloraci out of a common trap!

In this case, I think Soloraci is actually the ONLY one with psychic ability in the office place. (That seems a thousand times more probable.) What is happening is that Soloraci is actually exerting some mind control over others. I say this because of the statements that people have made -- saying they could read Soloraci's mind. That is peculiar, and I am looking for an explanation.

#

I think you and I are otherwise in agreement. As always, I value your opinions Vanitas -- I watch for your posts carefully. (Yes I do!) Please respond back if you want to discuss further.

Thanks for the provocative comment!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Rereading my above post. I'm still not being clear. Let me restate this:

I think that Soloraci probably has some strong psychic abilities, and that may be inducing some strong confusion and delusive thought.

Not being very psychic myself, I imagine having this type of talent might make you paranoid and somewhat delusional, especially when first coming to terms with this ability.

So I think we are in agreement, Vanitas? Partly?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It sounds like what i went through for a while. i opened myself up so much so i could master empathy as fast as possible and i ended up having problems. i found what helped me was i thought of emotions as sort of like computer data and set up a firewall in my mind to block my empathy from sending me data i didn't want and that allowed me to use it more effectively. that way my mind is still fully open to the ability but selectively closed to others. i hope that helps you as it can be extremely stressful if it gets out of hand and you can even feel like your losing yourself

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
I absolutely DO NOT think people can actually read the details of your mind. Unless you are working for some government agency or something, which would have a ridiculously high concentration of psychics, there is NO WAY you are going to bump into several people in your office place with any significant psychic talent. It is too rare.

There is one possibility to consider. Valedamar may be broadcasting thoughts due to the lack of control. (Basically, a reverse telepathy.) I am not saying this is definitely it. Buck Division is probably on the money here, but the possibility needs to be considered.

Practice the shields. You need to be able to close your mind. It will help.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
Okay, I have a very real problem.

For the past like week or two I've been working really hard on developing my empathy and telepathy.

Hug A tree. Yep it grounds you. No one can shut it off. But you have to ground yourself. Get away from people and hug a large tree. Other people here are going to think I am nuts. But this has worked for me. I am not a tree hunger by the way. You see, this person has allot of energy build up inside. His energy feels others energy which is hard to explain. His energy field around him feels other energy fields. Now some give off negatve energy, which gives a negative feeling to a positive energyfield. So if this person also has a negative field of energy then will feel negative towards a positive field. ANyway, the fact is this person has too much energy in their field and has to be grounded. Just like a static electricity charge to a door knob.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
With new talents comes new responsibilities.

When people are in pain (keep in mind there are many forms of pain) they handle it by trying to visulise it out of their body. They kind of mentally push it away.

Well that energy doesnt just dissapear. You are kind of like a recycling center now. Absorb the energy willingly. Then once a day, purify. Sit, stand, whatever, just make sure either both your feet are flat on the ground or your butt is. This works best when you are closer to the ground (as in earth) rather than upstairs. Close your eyes and pull the earths energy up through your body while inhaling deeply. When you exhale, imagine pure white light comming out. Imagine all ther energy you are pulling from the earth scrubbing all that crap you absorbed all day and exhale pure white energy.

When you find you are not strong enough to handle it on your own anymore, that is when you find the energy in everything around you. Nature gives you everything you need. Take the crap willingly, it means whatever person you are absorbing it from is getting a bit of a break.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You asked for it and now you can't take it back because it's yours to keep. You should consider this 'gift' of yours a blessing.

I would do the opposite of the suggestion by 'mrsdudara' as an alternative by visualizing a technique called an 'Etheric Showers or Baths', whereby a white light is located above your head and taking a shower with this energy, cleansing your entire system back down into the earth.

You could read the article entitled: 'EMPATHY... Know it and control it'.

[edit on 2008-1-31 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
RESPONSE FROM SOLORACI about people reading my mind in my working environment!
thanks for your comments. i have no one to talk to about this. and i am afraid if i go to a psychologist, he might say i am insane. i really appreciate your believing in what i say rather than sayin that i am NUTS. i truly do not think i am a psychic. i have many obsessions, and i think a lot. I THINK ALL THE TIME. i have heard people in my working environment (one of those who can read my mind) say that when people think too much this it is a normal thing that people can see what they are thinking. he does not think that i have supernatural powers; and i dont either. i just think that because i am such a secretive person and have many secrets, my secrets have finally found a way out!!!! and this is through others being able to read my mind. i am really amazed because i have not found any information about this strange phenomenon happening in any books or in any place of the web. i do not think i am psychic. but i dont think that this situation at my working environment is normal (although amazingly, most people at work and new people coming to work take it as if it was completely normal for others to know what someone is thinking). i dont know why it is not getting any press. i can really communicate telepatically with people at work. if i want to say something to someone who can read my mind, i just have to think of that thing i want to say. and they get the message. i dont have to open my mouth to say a word. i have used this in very funny ways. for instance, because i know they are abusing me in reading my mind, i sometimes ask a girl for lettin me see her boobs. or for a kiss. or i imagine myself sexually with that person. just for making fun of them. and u can see the expression on their faces and hear their comments. see their reactions. lol. the girl would cover her boobs or turn the other direction. lol. but at the same time, there are many things that they have been able to know that i just dont want anyone in the world to know (every secret i have). everything i try to hide, they just get it out there. i could accuse them of diffamation since they have no proof of what they are sayin. but i think im better than that.

anyway, i thank you for your support and for believing in what i have said. and i really want to encourage u to write if u want to learn more about what is happenning to me. thank you.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

I have tried to broadcast just that. that i am a genius, with rare talent. with many goals in life. but i am in a really bad place right now. they just laugh at me!!!! and they do this frequently!!!! they laugh at many things they see in my mind. and they criticize, etc. this is why this is so devastating. when u have a dream or a goal that u really covet and are willin to work for and then they just laugh at you. i just dont know why this is happening to me. i have many dreams and goals. but they are mine. i never wanted them to be out there to be laughed at or criticized. they come out with all sorts of comments. they would never acknowledge i have any kind of talent. they just think it is a normal thing. even i believe that anyone can read someone else's mind now. and that this is completely normal being able to know what i am thinking. this is really what i think right now. i think they are the psychics. since they can read my mind but i cant read their minds. i dont think i have any gifts. although i would very much like to believe this.

what hurts me most is that i am in love with someone at work and he is able to read my mind. and i think of him all the time. and he knows it. this is so painful. i just found out a few days ago that he is able to know what i am thinking. i never feared this before, i just took it for granted that he couldn't read my mind. but a few days ago i found out that he could. before, i just thought that others told him what i was thinking. but last week i found out that he could know it for himself. he knows i am obsessed with him. and this was never meant to happen. I just wanted to swallow up this emotion. He was never meant to know that i love him. And even though i know that he has had strong emotions for me in the past (and maybe still has mixed emotions), he makes fun of me. i also feel betrayed because he has put some effort into hiding from me that he can read my mind.

i am thinking about consulting psychic frances fox about this by phone. she charges $500 per hour. i found that very expensive. do u know any other cheaper qualified psychics that could help me out in finding out what is going on? At first i used to think that it was only one person who had the ability to read my mind. I found this very annoying, and abusive of her(considering the type of information being released). But as time went by I found out there were too many of them.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by soloraci

Hi, I'm new here, but I had to post. Do you have money to burn? Why would you waste $500 on a pyschic? You just need to learn about shielding yourself and practice, practice, practice, so you are not so easy to read. Anyone whose empathy is out of control needs to practice meditation, grounding and shielding. No money involved unless you want to buy how to books.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrownWitch

I have tried a lot of things to shield myself. And they work for a few hours. I cannot sustain it the whole 7 to 10 hour shift. This is why i started memorizing poems. So that i can confuse them. Whenever i get to my work place they can even tell what i have been doiing on my free time, who i have been talking to on my cell phone before going to work. During my break hour, I go to my car and stay there listening to the radio, and whenever i come back I know they have been sittin outside trying to pick up my thoughts. I wonder if they can even read my mind whenever I am a long distance from them, like when I am home. They have been able to see even things that are either unconscious or things that I am not thinking about. Like things i have written in my dairy. I remember writing that no one could confide in me any secret now, since my mind is not private. they were able to pick this up, even though i wasn't thinking about it. I wonder to what extent they can read me. And I wonder why is this happening to me. why are they so mean. I could go crazy just because of this game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join