It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible?...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Is it possible to be a skeptical believer?

I truly believe that we couldn't possibly be alone in the universe, but some of the so called "sightings" and footage of ufos make me just shake my head and smirk.

The Haiti footage was a good one but it looked TOO real. The guy was probably just trying to self promote his video editing skills in the end. And the way that viral marketing campaigns on the web can be nowadays, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Are there others like me out there?

Or am I just trying to cover all my bases?

I believe in the alien moonbase but then that supposed colour footage of an Apollo flight finding a derelict spacecraft on the moon is another example of the wonders of modern post production technology!...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
it is possible to be a skeptical believer. I am a believer because of what I have personally seen of ufo phenomena, however I am skeptical of anything I have not directly experienced. One thing I've learned though, trust synchronicity and meditate

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know from personal experience that it is possible and desirable. It is not wise to accept or reject everything that comes your way as far as the alien phenomenon is concerned...be very selective about what you believe and what you do not.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
trust synchronicity and meditate

Now THAT's an awesome motto!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i'm pretty much the same as you i haven't see any footage yet that i couldn't write off as fake. if anyone knows a good site of REAL footage please point me to it

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am what could be considered a skeptical believer.

I don't believe in most of the videos I see, but I believe in extraterrestrial life.

Although as of late I'm becoming more and more irritated that the majority of stuff ending up in this forum is ether A) Inconclusive blurry dots or B) Obvious U.P.O.s (Unidentified Photoshopped Objects).

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coryblood
i'm pretty much the same as you i haven't see any footage yet that i couldn't write off as fake. if anyone knows a good site of REAL footage please point me to it

I'm not at the point where I can write off every bit of footage as fake.

The morphing ufo over area 51, the NASA Tether incident with the thousands of ufo's swarming and various other NASA footage.

These vids blew my mind! Purely for the fact that no-one who is heard speaking is freaking out! They're all just matter of fact.

The NASA lady on the tether incident vid is just trying to ignore and cover up and hope for the best. But the ground control guy in the morphing UFO of area 51 vid just sounded like he's tracking a normal aircraft!

Those are the ones I don't write off as fake. Whereas the Haiti video was too expensive and smooth looking... So, fake.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have seen alot of fakes lately. I would also mention the Australian Film Institute last year made a large number of fakes and spread them around the internet with fake stories to see the reactions. I take every photo or video with a grain of salt these days but that will not change my mind that they are here and have been here a long long time. The Hubble Telescopes deep field shots prove the universe is Massive and the odds of other life forms out there is high. I also consider the number of eyewitnesses through out history. It's all adding up. The poster of this thread may have actually witnessed one.

Fake Confession

[edit on 29-8-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Does this make the skeptical believer a pain in the butt for both staunch skeptics and staunch believers alike?

Are we just the product of today's tech savvy society?

I say skeptical believers are needed to pull the UFO whackos back in line, and to make the stone cold skeptics think outside the box!...

We'll believe it if it's good enough... But if it's too good, forget about it!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Whatever the case, that video stirred us all up and got a lot of us talking.

Some people got a rush out of it, and their UFO fix - others got to hotly debate the issue from their personal persepectives.

As a storyteller myself (and not as an ATS'er), I say to the maker of this video - WELL DONE.

You're keeping the minds active, alive and promoting intelligent discussion as well as providing an awesome visual spectacle. Your PR agent did it right, hope your get some work in Hollywood - because, real or not - that was an IMPRESSIVE use of CGI.

And also, for the record - when do we get a check for being the test subjects? Usually there is some sort of tangible reinbursement for participation outside of being able to say "wow, I saw it first"...

Seriously dude, remember us "little people" fondly when you hit it big.

*GE over and OUT*

[edit on 29-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
can you tell me where to find the morphing ufo over area 51 video i couldn't find one but the nassa one was sweet i believe that one. so there one on the list that i believe

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

I'm trying to find it for you as I reply. I can't even remember the name of it.

I'll describe it: It's pretty grainy footage with the standard numbers and running times happening on the edge of the screen. It runs from 2-5 minutes, the light washes out a few times on it (skeptical yet?
), but you can clearly see the spacecraft morphing into different shapes as the camera is following it.

There's slight, calm radio chatter as they're filming the ufo.

I'll try and hunt it down and get you the name. You may have already seen it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anderi

Sounds to me like you're just describing common sense. When faced with the statistical data regarding "unexplainable phenomena" alone, there is no way a reasonable person could be dismissive of the fact that SOMETHING is going on. And it's unreasonable to have blind faith in the government being upfront with the population since we know they've lied and covered things up before.

I don't know if I believe in Bigfoot, UFOs or the Illuminati, but I BELIEVE that the information that would enable me to come to a conclusion is being deliberately kept from me. I also believe that the same ones doing that are constantly bombarding me with misinformation, disinformation and all kinds of other useless information so it's even harder for me to find out the truth.

And people who think like us ARE a pain in the butt for both sides, yes. We cause them to have to USE THEIR BRAINS.

Good thread!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

I've found references to it as "The Nellis Video" as it happened over Nellis Airforce Base In Area 51 back in 1994, apparently.

Here's a link to a site that actually breaks down the footage and analyses it:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It is very possible to be a skeptical believer.

I am a "believer" because I have seen UFO's, on two occasions. Both times were "up close and personal." And both times there were multiple witnesses.

There absolutly IS something going on in relation to UFO's. I cannot remotley pretend to know the truth though.

However, I can honestly say that about 99.999% of what I read and see about UFO's, I consider "bunk."

Too much of what I see and read I consider to be unrealistic and/or unreliable.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anderi
Is it possible to be a skeptical believer?

I truly believe that we couldn't possibly be alone in the universe, but some of the so called "sightings" and footage of ufos make me just shake my head and smirk.

Are there others like me out there?

Or am I just trying to cover all my bases?

I believe in the alien moonbase but then that supposed colour footage of an Apollo flight finding a derelict spacecraft on the moon is another example of the wonders of modern post production technology!...

Yes, I am a skeptical believer. Most that know my posts will find that hard to believe, but thats why I hang out here often, I want to believe. I know we can't be alone in the universe, but it is so big I find it hard to believe that any civilization could exist long enough to traverse any appreciable distance....but I can hope. I am the kind of guy that ignores most of the blurry photos, shaky nighttime "lights" video, and unprovable, useless eyewitness testimony holding out for cold hard verifiable evidence.

I really, really wish someone find us, that would be so cool. But too many people go so far out on the ledge it makes me shake my head too.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We cant be the only "intelligent" life in the universe, seeing as most of us lack the key word, Intelligence. We wage wars with each other over something as stupid as a peice of land, we kill in the name of god. We make fun of others for physical or mental disabilities.

If there was a comparison of races the human race would be the kid who eats the paste in the back of the class room.

Untill we can stop bickering amonst each other we cant have the pleasure of bickering with anyone or anything else. I bet the aliens which most people choose to deny are watching and laughing at how stupid we really are.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

This is the sort of post that really worries me. Nothing personal, Parry, so I ask that you not take personal offense. It's chock-full of fantasy, wishful thinking, and bad assumptions, which makes it a good example of far too many posts from 'believers' be they skeptical ones or not.

"We can't be the only intelligent life in the universe" ?
Why not? I certainly *hope* that we aren't, but the universe, whether created by a God, or evolving by natural process, has no obligation to create intelligent life at all, and certainly no obligation to do it more than once. I happen to agree that a disturbing percentage of humanity lacks the obvious qualification for inclusion in the Intelligent Life Club...I've been told on several occasions that I don't qualify, in fact.

"If there was a comparison of races the human race would be the kid who eats the paste in the back of the class room."
Again, you're presenting your opinion as fact...until we actually have other races to compare humanity to, we have no way of knowing whether we are better or worse than they are. We can hope that they're better...and frankly, if they have the technology to cross interstellar distances, we'd best hope that they're peacefully inclined...but we don't (and won't) know for certain until we make actual contact.

"Untill we can stop bickering amonst each other we cant have the pleasure of bickering with anyone or anything else. I bet the aliens which most people choose to deny are watching and laughing at how stupid we really are."
I'll admit that it's not *smart* to have two fights going at once, but that's never stopped humanity in the past, and probably won't in the future. We're an argumentative and competitive race, and that probably won't change. We'll bicker among our selves until Judgment Trump (or until Entropic Heat Death of the Universe, if you prefer). As for aliens laughing at us for that sort of thing, it's equally likely that they're looking at us (assuming they exist) and saying "Wow....that looks familiar!".

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just want to know why it's such a big issue for the powers-that-be to deny or disavow any knowledge or speculation that we are being visited by ET's.

From viewing some of those NASA STS mission vids, from the amount of space traffic going on it looks like the freaking skies of Coruscant up there!

What's with the big denial and secrecy?

Do the powers-that-be really think that the whole world will go down the drain once the average person realises that the powers-that-be aren't the powers-that-be-in-space at all?

I for one wouldn't grab a weapon and run amok in a global armed uprising if there was a situation of mass contact. I'd celebrate and yell "FINALLY!"

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
It is very possible to be a skeptical believer.

I am a "believer" because I have seen UFO's, on two occasions. Both times were "up close and personal." And both times there were multiple witnesses.

There absolutly IS something going on in relation to UFO's. I cannot remotley pretend to know the truth though.

However, I can honestly say that about 99.999% of what I read and see about UFO's, I consider "bunk."

Too much of what I see and read I consider to be unrealistic and/or unreliable.

Other than some minor details, I could have written this post. I'll bet there are many more of this sort of attitude around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join