It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GI Joe: Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If you dont know GI JOE the Movie will be at a theater near you 2009.

movies.ign.com...

The bad, its not American and Stephen Sommers is directing.

They have taken GI JOE and turned it into a NATO unit. Even worse than that Stephen Sommers has the nerve to place Destro, a freaking arms dealer, in charge of Cobra.

Someone needs to slap Sommers upside the head. That Metal Faced Scottish
is not the leader of Cobra.

Why do you think the name is Cobra Commander? Command Cobra maybe?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here's an update, GI Joe is thankfully being moved back to the United States and no longer a Brussels based NATO unit.

www.iesb.net...

Still no word on Cobra though.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's still pretty early in the game so much of what we hear now on the script will likely be very different from the final product.
Officially the movie was only green-lit on August 23rd.

However they do it I hope the characters are true to their cartoon and comic counterparts. Meaning yeah, Cobra Comander.
If the movie doesn't resemble what was born from the 80's it will disappoint a lot of people.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
...Ya know... I always thought it was ironic that the cartoonGIJoe

was animated in Japan...!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
...Sorry!.... Double post...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

...Ya know... I always thought it was ironic that the cartoonGIJoe

was animated in Japan...!

I think your confused with Transformers.

www.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
...They may have produced it...But i do believe the anamation was done in Japan...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Sunbow is noted for many cartoons aired during the 1980s. Although it is not limited to Hasbro's various toy line products its reputation is tied to the many cartoon series tied to them.

Its animation was initially produced by the Japanese animation studio Toei, supplemented by the South Korean animation studio AKOM later on.

This info from your same link....

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Sunbow is noted for many cartoons aired during the 1980s. Although it is not limited to Hasbro's various toy line products its reputation is tied to the many cartoon series tied to them.

Its animation was initially produced by the Japanese animation studio Toei, supplemented by the South Korean animation studio AKOM later on.

Toei was the one who did the Transformers series. As far as I know they never worked on GI Joe.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

[/quote As far as I know they never worked on GI Joe.

Right...As far as you know....

Check further...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
From the GI Joe FAQ : www.joeheadquarters.com...

"Marvel Productions was formally DePatie-Freleng Animation. After producing Spiderman and Dungeons & Dragons most of the same people worked on GI Joe. Marvel Animation was later bought by New World, which has since been bought"

Sunbow produced and Marvel Animated it.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
"The strategy developed by Griffin Bacal for Hasbro was copied by several other toy manufacturers during the 1980s with varying success. By the end of the decade, the quality of the toys, the stories and the animation itself seemed to have diminished. Whereas tenure Japanese studios once handled animations, like Toei, new animation studios from South Korea and other Asian countries got in the game"

....You are operating under a misapperhension...

www.toondoctor.com...

silentjay wrote:
"It's well known that the pre-movie G.I. Joe series was animated by Toei, as was Transformers, and it's in the credits for both series and is on the resume of a number of former Toei animators. It wasn't, however, produced by Toei, but they did all the animation for it, key and inbetweens."

"The production of the series was done by Sunbow and Marvel, with the designs and writing being in-house, but all the animation was handled by Toei. Sunbow was the media division of Hasbro, and had nothing to do with Marvel, except for the co-production of a few Hasbro related properties. Kent Butterworth, one of the producers of both series, has gone on at length about the colaboration between the two production companies, and their glowing relationship with Toei."

www.animenewsnetwork.com...

...Yes, I know it's hard to believe that"GI Joe: A real American hero"

was animated in Japan ,,and Korea...

....Sad but true...

"Is there no truth in advertising...?"

:shk::shk::shk::shk:

[edit on 6-9-2007 by cosmokatt7]

[edit on 6-9-2007 by cosmokatt7]

top topics

join