It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops become active critics of Iraq War.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
Any enlisted person who speaks up against those who are appointed above them has a serious issue with the job they decided to pursue

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I strongly disagree mooch. We need men like that in our military.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I wonder why is it that some of the troops make such blogs and immeditely they are mentioned but when other troops differ from this opinion it doesn't reach the public through the liberal media...

The U.S. Armed Forces is comprised of many individuals, and since they are all individuals you will find difference of opinions. You can also have some soldiers, sailors, or airmen be critical of some points of the war and others be critical of other points, and they all don't have to agree on every point they criticize.

This article does not show anything more than spreading propaganda trying to show that all U.S. troops think the same way, and that is simply not true.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Yadhel]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Refusing a direct order, the lawful ones, is illegal and punishable under the UCMJ. Since most people don't know the entire story how can anyone refuse these orders? The thread that was linked is this exact scenerio.

Nobody except those at the top know what is really going on. How can anyone think they know what is going on if they are not part of that group? You can assume all you want, but if you don't get all the intel you don't know anything and anything you think can be wrong.

I am not one to take a chance and find out if i'm right or wrong when it comes to something like disobeying a direct order. Those who have opinions should understand that they don't know everything unless they are at the top. Keeping all the info from reaching all the troops is how things are done, and it is done for a good reason.

The people that did these articles don't know the entire story, regardless if it is a conspiricy or not. They make all service members look bad and that cannot go without being punished. Like I said before, if you don't like it seperate. And if you think you know everything you better be way up on the food chain, otherwise your ideas or opinions don't mean a thing, this includes the ones that I have.

Nothing gets ordered unless many people say yes, and so far that is exactly what has happened. Congress has approved what has happened and the executive branch signs off on it. The military is doing what they get paid to do. If anyone has a problem with that change those who get elected.

I don't want to come off as harsh or loud at anyone reading this but the military has one job to do, defend this country regardless of who is in charge. So far the military is doing exactly that. I also know more then most on this site because of my job, but I still don't know everything so I am learning to keep my opinions and ideas offline since they don't belong here.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Wow.
That was a very passionate and highly commendable post.

It's only regrettable that you had to go to war to find your enlightenment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join