It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inserting images in posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I need a bit of help with inserting images in posts.

I've never needed to do this before, but it would be very useful for a couple of projects I'm finishing at the moment.

I tried using the img tag around a html address, which displays an "external image" message with the correct link. But I'd rather get the image itself to appear. Other people seem to do this every day. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Could someone point me in the direction of a relevant tutorial?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
New Forum Image Linking Policy

That there tells you how

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
New Forum Image Linking Policy

Great. Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

So, (if the image satisfies the ATS image policy) then I have to use (im) tags instead of the (img) tags, and host the image on an approved image hosting website.

Does anyone know if Flickr has been added to the relevant list of approved image hosting websites?

Flickr seems to have taken off in a big way since the original list of approved websites was drawn up. I've started uploading some images to Flickr and it seems very easy to use (including adding tags to images, and putting images within various named "collections").

All the best,

Isaac

EDIT: Thinking about it, probably the easiest way for me to find out if Flickr is now on the approved list is to try adding an image that I've put on that website. I'll try a small one below.

ANOTHER EDIT: Yep, that works. Great. Thanks again for that link enjoies05. Now I'm ready to rock and roll.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You're not short of points, so you can host images on the ATS servers if you pay the points at the ATS store.
I now host all my images on ATS, and once uploaded I get an ATS address that I use with bbcode [img].

Some images that I use more than once, like an emoticon, I just bookmark the page for easy access, and that ninth button from the left when you make a post will add the image to your post.

Easy as sleazy Louise.

I've never even tried to figure out all the other hosting services, and I use a lot of pictures.

Hit the quote button on this post to see the ATS address assigned to this picture.

top topics

join