It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Australian Special Forces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ok so us Aussies are no equals to Brits, right?

Explain how we manage to kick England's arse?

The soldiers of the SASR are amongst the most highly skilled Special Forces in the world.

Not the best, but one of. Along with the SAS, SEALS, GIGN, GSG9.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ok so us Aussies are no equals to Brits, right?

Explain how we manage to kick England's arse in cricket. Every Year.

The soldiers of the SASR are amongst the most highly skilled Special Forces in the world.

Not the best, but one of. Along with the SAS, SEALS, GIGN, GSG9.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by AussieNutter]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

thats cricket haha but i bet the quds,delta,seals,idf actualy not them are better than the aussies

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

So it would be fair to assume then that apart from watching a lot of video's and cable doco's, you are basing your assumption on personal real world experience? Like I said, I have served and spoken about this subject with a senior British officer. I don't mean for this to turn into a pissing contest but when people make the "I reckon***** is the best" statement and they dont speak from experience, it doesn't lend their argument much weight and I feel compelled to say so. Truth be known, if you compare the SAS/SBS, SASR, NZSAS, SEALS etc, there isn't a whole lot in it. One year one may be better than the rest, the next and it has changed. One thing that is generally agreed is that the aforementioned special forces plus another few, ARE regarded as the best, and each has it's speciality.

Lets not allow this thread to degenerate into an ignoramus shouting competion, and agree that choosing a "best" is difficult, pointless and academic.

LEE.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
One thing about going into battle anything can happen. Unless somehow you put different SF groups into the EXACT same situation there is no way of knowing who maybe the best.
So much come down to luck ie. A shell exploding on top of your position rather than 10 feet away etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join