It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply to Byrd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Had to start a new thread to do it.

Is it a conspiracy that I couldn't reply to your thread? I hope so.

Shouldn't your thread title be Threads Posted to this Forum Should be About Conspiracies?

I reply to threads that interest me where I find them. I didn't put them there, and I bear no responsibility for where the thread author posted the thread. Right?

It is the thread author's job to start the thread in the relevant forum on the appropriate board. It is then the moderators' job to oversee this process and guide members/move threads as needed. Right?

Please don't get on me or other posters who didn't author the threads they are posting to for posting to a thread that happens to be in the wrong forum/board because the content of the thread is of interest to me/them.

That would be counterproductive, don't you think?

Am I being pissy?

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm sure she meant threads. They can't move individual posts. But with that said, I feel certain the intent of her policy statement also applies toward posts that are made in an attempt to derail a conspiracy-based religious topic by redirecting to an argument on the religious beliefs/non-beliefs of the original poster, or follow-up posters. You know what I'm referring to - it happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes, absolutely, and I completely agree.

I have noticed the lack of conspiratorial angles to many threads in the Conspiracies in Religion forum lately, and I am glad to see action being taken to fix the problem. The BTS Faith forum is the appropriate place for those threads and I enjoy visiting there and commenting, as well.

I know it is not my place, but I wanted to clarify the issue for those who may be new to the board, because I don't want them thinking they can't reply to a thread because of where it is posted.

I hope I haven't ruffled any feathers with my efforts to clarify this issue.

On a personal note, it is great to see you, Val, I have missed your awesome input, and hope to see you come back up to speed around here.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks for your comments... and yes, I'll change the message to reflect that. I guess I had a brain burp when I wrote it.

Oh... we often lock those topics because we find that some folks can't resist adding one-liner stuff to them or try to argue with the policy. Then you end up with 6 pages of fluff and hype and angst over a simple "Hey... this is a reminder of forum policies" post.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I'll reply to Byrd.

I think you're one of the most valued members here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I completely agree with that, as well, and by no means was this thread meant to reflect poorly on Byrd in any way.

Byrd exemplifies what makes ATS the awesome site it is; the painstaking application of the empirical process to thoughtfully guide a discussion toward a shared realization of the greater truths that lie behind the facade of our daily routines.

I hope we all realize how difficult that is, and how accomplished Byrd is at achieving that goal.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'll add to that sentiment. Byrd is the most awesome Mod on ATS, imo.

Few people realize she's a published scientist, in her 'spare time'.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Few people realize she's a published scientist, in her 'spare time.

Everybody needs a hobby, Byrd is just one of those that seem to take it seriously.

I forget what this thread was about, but anything that gives kudos to Byrd is good with me. She's absolutely amazed me with some of her posts.

So to Byrd,

You go girl.
You have my deepest respect.

I'd be interested in reading some of your work if you're not too shy.
A U2U to a link of one of your papers would be appreciated.

anx..........

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Few people realize she's a published scientist, in her 'spare time'.

Some people didn't realise she is a she. Boy is my face red right now...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join