It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ever Increasing Wage Gap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The Ever Increasing Wage Gap

www.cnbc.com

At the same time, workers at the bottom rung of the U.S. economy received the first federal minimum wage increase in a decade. But the new wage of $5.85 an hour, after being adjusted for inflation, stands 7 percent below where the minimum wage stood a decade ago.

"CEO pay, over that same decade, has increased by roughly 45 percent," the study found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Every knows there has and always will be a wage gap. There is rich and there is poor. Just what is a fair gap though? I don't know what the right gap is but I do think the gap is way larger then what is really fair. When a CEOs perks alone equal what some one working for them would make in thirty six year, effectevely a life time, that is just way to much out of proportion.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
well.. the gap is just reflecting a high need for skilled people.Less young people interested in school - especially degrees where Math would be involved..

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
and i thought my part time job pay sucked
damn

whats your average income yearly now?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
the gap is just reflecting a high need for skilled people.Less young people interested in school - especially degrees where Math would be involved

Could you explain what you mean by this reflecting a need for skilled people and how less people are interested in school, and show any evidence.
Also do the degrees where math is involved have anything to do with the working class people this news release is about?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
well.. the gap is just reflecting a high need for skilled people.Less young people interested in school - especially degrees where Math would be involved..

No, see these horrid minimum wage jobs still need to be filled, not everyone can be a CEO. That has nothing to do with it. The minimum wage would still be horrible, the gap would still be huge, if everyone in America were through college with a doctorate.

new topics

top topics

join