It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new point of view.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
theres always a discussion going on in this forum about god and religion and weather they exist or not. and u can quote the bible or history to prove your point but niether are ligit sources. the bible is a book written by man and history proves anything can be proved by history. both written and recorded by men.

accept that this fabled story of heaven and hell and god and the devil where just ways of control to impose a way of thinking to the masses.. now this isnt an attack on religion its an attack on all who have done wrong to the philosophy and teachings of the authors of the bible,which is basically a book of philosophy. so look at it from that point of view, look at it as a piece of literature and philosophy not as a sacred book with hidden meanings and magical promises. and since the bible is philosophy it should never be taken as fact only as an opinion.
but unfortunetly there will always be a bunch of idiots who will believe everything word for word and they will attack you and convert you through fear if you do not agree with them.

the conclusion..religion is BS..god and the devil are BS...but the bible is filled with great philosophy and teachings and those are the things that should be embraced.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry Doobie, this is definately NOT a new point of view. I have heard many others who look at it much the same as you.

I took a class in college called "The Bible as Literature" and we basically looked at the bible in much the same way that you explained. Absolutely no religion was involved.

I can say that I don't think most Christians look at the Bible believing there are hidden messages or magic involved. I think the Bible is pretty straightforward. A collection of stories, written at different times and in different styles, written for different audiences for different purposes.

All in all, I disagree totally with your point of view, but believe you are entittled to it none the less. Happy thoughts! And continue to read the Bible for it great philosophy and teachings and embrace them, just as you said.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So all you're really saying is doobie, God is bs.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yea real hardcore.

You will see when you are face to face with him.

Christians who read this, don't listen to him at all.

I believe in revealed truth and miracles, and have seen miracles.

He will be one of the people who go along with the antichrist when he orders us to be put to death.

any souls who have seen Gods grace work in their life and Gods miracles, know this man is an arrogant man, and yet because we have faith you call God bs? excuse my language.

He says God is that, and I say not.

I can say anything is bs, but it doesnt make it true. Very easy to try any destroy innocent peoples faith by your straitforward arrogant evil speach.

ofcourse, hopefully souls know what is evil and what is sincere.

peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The bible is just a mythological book. We're eager to label Scandinavian or Egyptian beliefs as mythological but that's just what the bible is too, Hebrew mythology.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSide

OK. I was just saying his argument consists of saying God is BS.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The bible is also full of misogyny, rape, slavery (including rules on how a man can sell his daughter into it), genocide and all sorts of other violence and conflicting and contradictory stories and laws.

My inner compass is superior, and I will continue to steer my life by it rather than a flawed ancient text written by primitive, patriarchal sheep herders.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The bible is not a mythological book. Its a book of recorded miracles and relationships with God.

The saints since Christ have worked 2000 worth of miracles.

I believe in them, and ive seen his grace work in my life and miracles.

Now, the NT is a book of love of neighbor and God, and nothing but love, even loving your enemies.

So you don't know the circumstances of a couple of sentences in the OT. It n
knowwhere condones rape, that is a lie.

Firstly the only reason you have a conscience and wouldnt rape a women is because of Gods grace.

why do you think there are lunitics out there with no conscience who would rape a women and murder her for no reason?

they have no grace, which is love, which you will see after death what grace is.

I just herd a story about a man who kidnapped a 0 year old girl out of a bedrooome, and raped her and killed her and buried her alive.

Hes evil, without grace, completely seered of a conscience. Hes what you call a soul who has excepted evil and there is no turning back.

Now instead of blaming God because of pride, try and be sincere and have understanding. God loves evevry single soul to death, and I know this, and ive felt this in my soul, and you souls dont even have a clue how good God is.

If not he wouldnt of commanded us to love our enemies. His heart is a burning fire. Its the only reason you have any love at all, and I cant wait until this is revealed to the world.

Im going to write a post on this before I leave the internet.

Anyways, if it is mythologicol then dont bring up the supposed rapes.

Its like using a book to deny God for its parts that help you out deny him more, but take out of context and not show all the loving passages of Christ.

please go read on page three of the forum about the Trinity being implanted on our bodies, its incredible, I know I bring this up alot, but we are walking trinities.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Yea real hardcore.

You will see when you are face to face with him.

Christians who read this, don't listen to him at all.

I believe in revealed truth and miracles, and have seen miracles.

He will be one of the people who go along with the antichrist when he orders us to be put to death.

any souls who have seen Gods grace work in their life and Gods miracles, know this man is an arrogant man, and yet because we have faith you call God bs? excuse my language.

He says God is that, and I say not.

I can say anything is bs, but it doesnt make it true. Very easy to try any destroy innocent peoples faith by your straitforward arrogant evil speach.

ofcourse, hopefully souls know what is evil and what is sincere.

peace.

so according to your dumb ignorant statement im a murder now because i do not believe in some fairy tale?shows how much you use your brain and logic. and i bet those miracles have logical explanations for them.
and im not arrogant.

see this is what christians and catholics always do they attack you with stupidity and no logic. they attack you not the arguement. think hard really hard and maybe, just maybe youll see you have a brain also.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

The bible is not a mythological book. Its a book of recorded miracles and relationships with God.

The saints since Christ have worked 2000 worth of miracles.

You can believe all you like, but without actual evidence of a testable and verifiable variety, you have only belief.

The bible is a bunch of stories told by sheep herders. The only "truth" in it is what people find for themselves.

I am not about to "believe" that these so-called miracles that bypass the laws of physics occurred outside of anyone's desert-fevered mind.

If you weren't there in person, there is no way to verify these "miracles." Unless you happen to have a time machine you're not telling us about, and if you are, in that case, take a video camera and a forensics lab with you next time you go. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join