It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright minds, please help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was recently witness to something I cannot explain. If anyone has any clue or idea about what might have actually happened it would be of great help to me. I am a scientist (or at least studying to be one), and it haunts me that I can't figure this out. BTW, I'm Norwegian, so should anything be confusing due to spelling errors or bad grammar, don't hesitate to ask

Earlier this year I met a guy, we dated for a few weeks and I eventually invited him to my place (don't worry, this doesn't get dirty). He had, prior to this, never been in my house, or even in the town I live in. I have looked thoroughly into this and know as an absolute certainty that he could not have staged or rigged or even planned the following events.
Within the next twelve hours, four incidents occurred. They may have been overlooked as coincidences had they not occurred in such a short period of time.
Here's what happened:
1: I was in my bedroom, the TV and heater was on. As the guy (lets call him J) enters the room, both the television, play station and heater turned itself off. I dismissed it as a coincidence; maybe he had stepped on a wire or something. He tells me that the same thing keeps happening with his laptop. Once he gets near it it goes blank.
2: J is concentrating on reading the cover of a book a few meters across the room. I watch him do this and as he blinks, so does the light.
3: As we discuss this a painting falls off the wall.
4: The next morning we went to the store. When J gets to the register they lose power on a circuit and the registers won't work for about 20 minutes.

I have lived in my house for about four years and I have never experienced anything even remotely strange. The power has never gone out, the lights have never blinked, electrical appliances have never turned themselves off and pictures never fell off the wall prior to, or after this. J was not sitting anywhere near the lamp, wiring or the painting when it happened. The painting was securely nailed up on the wall. It is actually hard to get down off the wall. He was with me the entire time at the store and could not have tampered with anything there or at my house. He was even more freaked out by these things than I was.
There have been things we could connect to these incidents up to this day. Every now and then when J walks past the stereo at his place it'll turn itself off or just go silent for a while. He never has a cell phone for more than a few weeks before it simply stops working.

When I met him J had just moved in to a new apartment. His bedroom is less than 3 meters away from a tram stop. Every day large amounts of electricity
is transmitted right by him. Is it possible for the human body to somehow store up this energy and somehow release it in what would appear to be small amounts of electricity that somehow interferes with electrical appliances and even objects? I have no other explanation for this, and as person seeking truth and answers (that is how I learnt of ATS), I can't easily dismiss it as coincidences.

If anyone have any theories or have heard or experienced anything similar to this, I would be very grateful to hear from them.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JegVilTro

First of all, welcome to ATS; I hope you enjoy your stay and find it as exciting and exhillerating an experience as I have. Now, to your question;

I myself have had a couple of experiences similar to what happened with your friend "J". On one occasion, I was walking through my living room and my stereo receiver simply switched on for about 10 seconds and then off. On another occasion I stepped into my bedroom where the over. light was already on and the light turned off; the position of the wall switch had not changed, it was still in the on position. When I turned the switch off and then on again, the light came on and worked normally with no problem.

Both incidents happened years apart and I have no explanation for them or for yours but I have heard that there are a small group of people who just cannot wear a wristwatch without it stopping dead and refusing to run and others who cannot carry credit cards on their person because the magnetic strip becomes de-magnatized. Again, I have no scientific explanation other than the posibilty that certain people have a higher static elecrical charge in their bodies, although that would hardly account for pictures falling off walls or cash registers refusing to run.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I do believe your story as similar things have happened to myself and others. Hope you find an answer.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JegVilTro

Hi JegVilTro,

Welcome to ATS.

The incidents you describe don't sound like his body is storing an abundance of electricity. (Technically, the Lymphatic System does hold a small charge but that is normal.) Rather, they sound more like telekinetic manifestations being performed around him and without an act of will on his part.

The painting falling off the wall on its own is a clear indication. For you see, electricity, even electromagnetism - unless you are talking about a bolt of lightning which would be obvious - would not cause that to happen

Spirits. There is a Group Entity or discarnate community around him that is doing these things.

Why?

Perhaps they wish to get your attention for some reason - or his - or both.

If he stored electricity and generated it as you speculated, then it would also be released in other ways when he is not with you. Like on the train for example.

My advice is to get a referral to a good medium and seek some answers through direct communication with those causing the incidents to occur.

As a spiritual medium in having had a lot of experience with this sort of thing over the years, I can tell you that the most likely scenario is the following:

A group of people on the Other Side that he and you knew in the Spirit before birth, wish to officially contact you and him in order to re-establish the friendships or relationships that they had with you and him way back when.

The Universe is a very strange place.

Well, when you think about how personalities and relationships work (on both sides), maybe it isn't so strange after all.

Just somewhat unusual.

Get yourself an Ouija Board/Spirit Board, project a sincere desire to understand, pray for protection and guidance, and then, with his help, get yourself some answers from the source of the manifestations directly.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Have you heard of the slider phenomenon?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very often, SLIders also report that they tend to have an odd effect on other electronic devices. In letters I've received, these people claim such effects as:

Appliances such as lamps and TVs go on and off without being touched.
Lightbulbs constantly blow when the SLIder tries to turn them off or on.
Volume levels change on TVs, radios, and CD players.
Watches stop working.
Children's electronic toys start by themselves when the SLIder is present.
Credit cards and other magnetically encoded cards are damaged or erased when in their possession

May be worth a read,

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
very strange indeed!
I have had a few similar experiences:

When I was younger, my older brother got a new stereo for christmas (this was when CD players first became available), On christmas day he set it up but it kept turning itself on and off and the volume levels would drastically change seemingly by themselves. My dad took it back and got a replacement but the same thing kept happening. To this day he cannot wear a digital watch as within days they just stop working.

The light flickering you describe caught my attention. I've had this happen a few times to myself, always when i'm alone but not when I blink, more like when I get a twinge or spasm. I never really thought much of it although it always gets me thinking and I end up putting it down to coincidence.

The strangest example of this though was about six months ago. I was in my flat and my girlfriend at the time was working late so I stayed up. I went to the bathroom and when I came back in to the living room one of the free standing lamps was on. I don''t usually use them so I just thought 'thats weird' turned it off and went to bed because I was real tired and my girlfriend had decided to stay at a friends for the night. I awoke in the morning and remembered the event but when I looked, the lamp wasn't even plugged in!!!! I can't explain it at all unless someone broke in, and unplugged it.
probably one of the strangest things thats ever happened to me.

sorry I can't help with an explaination but maybe things like this happen more than we'd expect.

asala, you just posted that as i was writing my post! I'll certainly give that a read up.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Chonx]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
hi,dear friend i dont know what person this J is but try together to test this "power" of his,maybe you are right i truly hope you find some answers soon

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JegVilTro
1: I was in my bedroom, the TV and heater was on. As the guy (lets call him J) enters the room, both the television, play station and heater turned itself off. I dismissed it as a coincidence; maybe he had stepped on a wire or something. He tells me that the same thing keeps happening with his laptop. Once he gets near it it goes blank.
4: The next morning we went to the store. When J gets to the register they lose power on a circuit and the registers won't work for about 20 minutes.

This is due to elevated levels of electricity in his body . Some people break their bones from it . Anyway I've heard that its solution is to wear special types of stones or gems , usually on a silver ring , but it can vary . Old ways to determine the suitable stone were by means of spirits and astrology . Modern ways are by a study of the body's electricity .

[edit on 3-9-2007 by AnarShia]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I do not think electricity can be stored in his body, because we are grounded
so the electricity will go through our bodies into the ground. Have you guys
took him in for tests? If not then you guys should consider it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, from my perspective I can tell you that there isn't anything wrong with this guy.

He's a perfectly normal person, who's subconscious has decided to start using his latent talent for Psychic/Psionic Phenomena without his permission so to speak. It happens often to those who begin practicing Psionics(A sort of hobby in which people attempt to produce Psychic Phenomena, i.e. telekinesis, telepathy, etc, etc.) and is commonly referred to us as Geisting.

If he likes, he can start practicing and learn how to have at least some semblance of control over himself. If not then he'd better get used to things like that happening around him, though it will tend to come and go.

Do I have an explanation for how any such abilities are possible? Not at all, but I know from experience that they do happen.

EDIT: Here's a link it either of you are interested.
www.psipog.net...

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Voidmaster]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The man is a "Slider"

I am one also. I manage to put every light out in the streets when i go out at night. I'm not weird, ( really
) some people do this and its totally nothing he or i can control. It just happens.

Read up on it and you will be enlightened (no pun intended)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If "J" had been touching the electronic devices, I would say static electricity is the culprit, but seeing as this happened from a distance, I cannot think of any known scientific reason for this, and I have a degree in electrical engineering.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I agree.

It had nothing to do with the minor electrical field that is generated within the lymphatic system.

The cause of the manifestations came from without, not from within the body.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Paul_Richard]

top topics

join