It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone plans Ahmadinejad the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Stone plans Ahmadinejad the movie

www.guardian.co.uk

One minute, he's denouncing George Bush, the next he's accepting an invitation for a biopic from Oliver Stone. No one can accuse Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of leading a dull life.
Barely had the dust settled on the war of words between the Iranian president and his counterpart in Washington yesterday than Mr Ahmadinejad was fielding questions about his prospects in Hollywood. To go from a pronouncement about Iran's nuclear future to a discussion about his own potential celluloid future without stuttering was quite an achievement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bush Warns US Will Confront 'Nuclear Iran'

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Will Stone uncover a different side to Ahmadinejad?

Would you consider this art or something else?

Anyone wouldn't want to watch this?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I won't be seeing it. I couldn't care less about the insane tyrant. The man is berserk and Mr. Stone, since he seems to think the guy is worthy of making a movie about, should go and live in Iran... He'd probably be better suited for that life anyway..

[edit on 29-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can't imagine that the film will be terribly exciting, what with the years doing an engineering degree (although, perhaps an unusual angle of a politician actually having a practical skill).

After Stone's farce of Alexander the great's story (in which the Persians speak arabic instead of Farsi), this could be quite entertaining - perhaps Danny DeVito or Chevy Chase playing Ahmadinejad and speaking Greek.

I'd watch it, even though it'll be mostly nonsense judging by Stone's record.

I see that SpeakerofTruth says he won't be seeing it. I find many things abhorrent (politically, etc) but I'm still capable of watching documentaries/mocumentaries about them. Ever been to Iran?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Could be interesting. It's good to get a different perspective on the issue, Ahmadinejad is basically portrayed as a tyrant and similar to Hitler by American western media.

I'm not saying he's a great leader, the Iranian people seem to be treated pretty appalingly, but then again so do the American people. Also as far as i know he does not hold absolute power, the pwer is vested in the Ayotollahs and Revoloutionary guards.

The big shame is that the American and Persian people are 2 of the greatest cultures in the history of the world, being run terribly. And when this attack comes it is the people of Iran who will suffer, who will pay for the Iranians defiance to America and Israel, and the American administrations pathologically fear, loathing of arabs, and greed, most of all Greed.

top topics

join