It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard This? Many Haven't (debunked)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Remember the book the children read to Dubya on 9/11 at Booker Elementary? "The Pet Goat"?

According to Dictionary.com, the fourth entry on the definition of a "goat" is: 4. a scapegoat or victim

Him..

?

Now - by itself, that means nothing.

But watch this. Credit goes to Orwells Ghost on Myspace for putting that video together.

But here's the full version of the video.

On the full version video, you can fast forward to 18 seconds in, and you can listen until 51 seconds in. Or you can fast forward to 44 seconds in and listen until 51 seconds in.

"hit, steel, plane, must", huh? Plane must hit steel?

Like this..

?

Or this..

?

Interesting timing too, because just as they finish those four words, and are picking up their goat books, Andy Card comes in.

What are the odds of there being that many cameras at an elementary school visit for a reading program, while reading a book about a goat, or a scapegoat, the kids reading the words "hit, steel, plane, must" from a book for no reason in particular, on the exact same day that PLANES did HIT STEEL? When figuring up those odds, factor in the NORAD drills of the exact same event, happening on the exact same day, at the exact same time, in the exact same locations, against the exact same targets as what really happened. Figure up how likely it is that all of these things are just coincidence.

Before anyone says it, no, I'm not saying the damn kids were involved in the conspiracy. I'm not saying the teacher was involved in the conspiracy. I'm not saying the camera people were involved in the conspiracy.

Do I know how "they" would get the teacher to have a book/sheet of paper that said those words and have the kids read it? No. Do I know how "they" would get the teacher to have a book about a goat? No.

But this post is based on the possibility. Consider the possibility. Consider how weird that is. Why those words? Aren't the kids supposed to be taught complete sentences with some context and meaning? How does 'plane must hit steel' fit into that teaching concept? On that day of all days?

Come on....

UPDATE: Debunked
[/more]

[edit on 8-30-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You want to know who the REAL scapegoat is? It's certainly not Osama bin Laden...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's part of a review of the story of "The Pet Goat"

In the end, "The Pet Goat" is the story of an authority figure -- the dad -- who learns to exercise his powers with restraint. When the security of his home is threatened by the goat's appetite for mass destruction, the dad's initial impulse is small-minded and simplistic. He focuses on one evildoer -- the goat itself -- to the exclusion of anything else. He thinks he knows goats, and they're trouble. Other voices -- specifically, the girl's -- raise less drastic possibilities: Possibly the goat can be reasoned with, or coerced, into altering its behavior. Possibly the goat is not the threat the dad thinks it is. Possibly the family is even complicit, for having trained the goat poorly. Possibly the goat is really . . . a scapegoat.

The dad proves a wise enough leader to heed this advice. In so doing, he avoids a costly overreaction, since, in the end, taking any action against the goat would have let the car robber get away scot-free. The car robber is the real enemy, and because the dad was so smart, the car robber was captured.

source

You also hear the word "kite" in the original video. That could be the usual kite everyone knows of, or it could be..

1. A piece of negotiable paper representing a fictitious financial transaction and used temporarily to sustain credit or raise money.
2. A bank check drawn on insufficient funds to take advantage of the time interval required for collection.
3. A bank check that has been fraudulently altered to show a larger amount.

(from Answers.com here, 4th definition)

Credit for all of this information goes to Orwells Ghost on Myspace

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this is an interesting thread. but the reason i have a hard time seeing them (the government) doing something such as giving a major hint about something like this, is like going up to your teacher at school, right before you rub a booger on her and saying "guess what im bout to do?"

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why the bezees are 8yr olds (?) learning what would you call it? Dictation? Repititon? It was probably a code for the 'it was a go*wink, wink> Glad ol Bushy had a secret message alert - Think he got it?

Sorry I apologize though I didnt look at the other links yet, I started myspace posting it! Haha! Good find!
And, by the way, WiseFoolish, I think the intention was just that, cause who got it?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I always thought the entire thing about Bush reading a book to the children on 9/11 was a fabrication, or intentional.

When the female Police detective says "Where were you on the day of the murder?".

The suspect replies, "I was reading a book to school children."

"Awwww really? School children? You are soooo sweeeeet!!! Surely nobody as sweet as you would kill anybody."

---well thats my hollywood visual I see. That there is your scapegoat, the illusion of innocence.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
this is an interesting thread. but the reason i have a hard time seeing them (the government) doing something such as giving a major hint about something like this, is like going up to your teacher at school, right before you rub a booger on her and saying "guess what im bout to do?"

"They", whether "they" are the government or another organization, like to hide symbols and messages 'in plain sight'. I don't know if it's arrogance or an obsession, but you can look to alot of things and find it.

But I mean, by the time that video was even released, the attacks happened. It's taken six years for us to even hear those words in there. So it's not like it would do much damage to them.

I can see how some people would see this is speculative. Like I said in my opening post, no, it doesn't mean the teacher, the kids, the school, or anyone else in that room, aside from the criminals, were involved or had any knowledge. That'd be stupid to suggest. Sometimes posting things like this, "debunkers" will come in and twist words to try and discredit it. So I'm saying now, NO I'm not implying anyone, other than maybe Bush, had any knowledge of this.

And again, I don't know how they would get the teacher to read such a book or those words. We'll probably never know that.

But it's important to just consider the possibilities. Consider just how unlikely that is.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Interesting thread indeed....yet if anyone claims this is one of those hidden messages. please think again, and add the teacher (Sandra Kay Daniels) and the Emma Booker Elementary School to the list to those that are "in on it". Because they are the ones that set up what the 32 children in that classroom were learning for the year.

See, the story "The Pet Goat" is a story in part of a text book from this:

Reading Mastery II, Storybook 1,
by Siegfried Engelmann and Elaine Bruner
ISBN 0574101284
Publisher SRA/MacMillan/Mcgraw Hill

Lesson 60 Page 153 to be exact.
You can obtain your own copy here:
www.amazon.com...

This was not a book that was chosen by Bush or anyone involved in 911. It was a lesson from a text book. If you watch the raw footage, you can hear the teacher say ""Open your book up to Lesson 60 on page 153." You can also hear her repeatedly using the phrases "get ready" and
"read it the fast way." These are methods consistant with "Direct
Instruction / Reading Mastery."

www.buzzflash.com...

If you dont believe me, please feel free to contact the school:
www.sarasota.k12.fl.us...

Once again... another reach by truthers without appropriate research.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Obviously you missed the point. He's not trying to debunk 911 or anything. He is merely pointing out the EXTREME coincidence of the title of the book, "The Pet Goat" and EXTREME coincidence of the actual story line of the book. I found it quite mind boggling myself, almost like it was prophecy.

B.T.W. Captain Obvious, you forgot a resource you used.

en.wikipedia.org...

--who wants to bet that McGraw-Hill the creator of the story has ties to Bush's family? He was probably promoting the book, after all the book did sell millions of copies because of Bush.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny how McGraw-Hill owns "Aviation Week Magazine".

en.wikipedia.org...

The magazine has a reputation for its contacts inside the United States Military and industry organizations.

Man some debunker's should do more research. lol

Pres. Bush

"Actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works."

Plug..Plug..

advertisements

[edit on 30-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
post by CaptainObvious

Your entire post had me cracking up. Stick it to the debunkers!!!

Funniest line I've seen on here in a while

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by elevatedone]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
you guys do know that the practice drill wasnt running the planes into buildings....but hijacking the planes and making a break for cuba....

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

Interesting thread indeed....yet if anyone claims this is one of those hidden messages. please think again, and add the teacher (Sandra Kay Daniels) and the Emma Booker Elementary School to the list to those that are "in on it". Because they are the ones that set up what the 32 children in that classroom were learning for the year.

Boy did Novus call it or what? Read the post directly above this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i was just going by the information i have on the released tapes....as according to the vanity fair article.....of which i have posted in another *thread* that you are currently active in

edit for correct word

[edit on 30-8-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This has just been debunked by HX on Myspace

He posted this image:

So, it says playing and kit, rather than plane and hit.

I apologize for posting a false thread. But I obviously didn't know at the time it was false. I only went by what I heard, which I think most of us can agree, did sound alot like plane and hit, especially when the teacher repeated it.

I don't want to see any debunkers in here running their mouths after this. I know some of you will. I didn't see any of you in here making any solid points, I didn't see any of you posting the image I just posted, nothing. So don't even come in here trying to act like this is some victory for you and you're right.

So there you have it. This is debunked. I felt it was better to end my own thread than have some debunker find that image and it be an endless trash talking event.

Again, I apologize for posting this.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
and add the teacher (Sandra Kay Daniels) and the Emma Booker Elementary School to the list to those that are "in on it". Because they are the ones that set up what the 32 children in that classroom were learning for the year.

I didn't see that coming. Now who would have thought a "debunker" would imply that I was implying that the school and teacher were "in on it"? Because I only posted it twice that I'm not saying that.

Try reading.

Also there were 18 students. Already been counted.

Nice debunking.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I was not saying that you Novus was thinking that this was all tied together...other posters did however.

You beat me to the punch on the "debunking".

My post was to show that there is more to each story. 11 11 will still post his fanstasies as long as they fit HIS agenda

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Fantasies? I posted relevant information that you have yet to prove wrong. Maybe next time you won't cry when you read my post.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh, so sad, this would have been a great smokin gun, so to speak. Athough, Iwas getting pissed that noone had noticed the statements in those seven seconds! That stops me from trying to form my 'splinter cell'-hehe!

The story is very ironic in it's metaphorical sense! That much is deserved!

[edit on 30-8-2007 by nowayreally]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
CaptainObvious,

I apologize for my argumentative tone. Been a frustrating day for me and it kinda seeped through into the post.

But yeah, it's debunked. Hard to argue with such a clear image of the book and words.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
Oh, so sad, this would have been a great smokin gun, so to speak.
The story is very ironic in it's metaphorical sense! That mush is deserved!

Yeah it would have been nice, but I'd rather debunk it than have it be false and be spread around as the truth, only for "them" to use it to discredit us.

At least, in a small way, if it was somehow set up intentionally to reel us in and discredit us, then in a small way, by debunking it, we take away some of their ammo against us.

Small victory I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join