It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been asked before but those stones weighed a good few tons, and although I can imagine a creative pulley system, without machinery and oiled pulleys I'm not sure how they could do it.

Did they use like a huge inclined slope or something?
Anyone know how they got them up there?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
By boat and then by oxen.
"To get the rock from that Welsh site to Stonehenge it is likely that the rock was brought down to the sea, put into boats, and then brought by water to a nearby river, and then brought up the river perhaps as close as two miles to the site, although depending on the way they went, it may be as fas as some twenty-four miles.

An experiment was carried out not too long ago, which showed that it takes about fifteen people to haul a ton of rock on the ground, but it becomes very, very easy to move that load by boat. It may have been considerably easier than anticipated to haul the rock, and when it is also recognized that domesticated oxen were available at the time to act as beasts of burden (their shoulderblades were used as shovels) then the somewhat dramatic pictures of hundreds of sweating natives hauling rock over the hillside become perhaps a little fanciful. "

web.umr.edu...

Ever heard of this one?
www.dw-world.de...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The exact details of how they did it is still a mystery, but there are several theories. Rails of wood and grease is one method a recent documentary in the UK discussed. They moved a 2 tonne block a few feet. But realized they needed more men and stronger rope.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
yes fair enough they could move the stones to where stonehenge currently is but......

ive been to see stonehenge and how the hell they managed to get the rocks to 'stand' on top of the 2 other rocks of such sizes is amazing

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
it would seem like a pulley system would have been a logical method to place a huge stone on top of two standing stones. having to be paralleled with the two standing stones, a pulley system would allow the movement and placement of the stones. while in suspension, the stones on the pulley could be easily nudged with a slight nudge. this is just my theory.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If how the stonehenge was built isn't mystery enough, why was it built? i know it is alligned in a special way to match the stars, but thats all i know.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Another question, if I may add, is: Why did they seek the stones from Wales? Is there a special substance that the druids held sacred, that they could not find in their area?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this has been a question for ages, it is said that it symbolizes a woman's reproduction organ, calender, the world, changing of the seasons, etc. no one really knows.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrystal
If how the stonehenge was built isn't mystery enough, why was it built? i know it is alligned in a special way to match the stars, but thats all i know.

In Israel there is the Rephaim, which looks a lot like stonehedge. Looking at the Bible it states it was build by the Giants. The Rephaim is there, why would people make up something like that? Next to this the Rephaim is oriented towards the stars, especially the entrance, which is pointed towards Sirius. Why those Giants build it? To honour their Gods (the Gods of Christ by the way). The same God which killed them, but actually those Giants said with that that the Gods of Christ came from Sirius. And what do you know, Allah (which is the same as the Gods of Christ) also claims to come from Sirius

What a coincidence the Gods came from Sirius and it is said the giants which the Gods created build the Rephaim. Or is it for you a plausible explanation to say "menkind build them and said the Gods build them and made up they came from Sirius"?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They cut down trees and put the stones on them and with a couple hundred men pulled it.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeratualKalashnikov
Not sure if this has been asked before but those stones weighed a good few tons, and although I can imagine a creative pulley system, without machinery and oiled pulleys I'm not sure how they could do it.

Did they use like a huge inclined slope or something?
Anyone know how they got them up there?

Good measurement, solid scaffolding, strong ropes a couple of strong men and disipline would do the trick. The sand and boom is also effective. Could have built the pyramids this way.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
People have been trying to find the answers to these questions out for ages. Ooooh! i kno! pick me! it was aliens!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
People have been trying to find the answers to these questions out for ages. Ooooh! i kno! pick me! it was aliens!

Most probably they were. Wait till 2012 oke

new topics

top topics

join