It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Ghosts have Fragrances

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I can attest to the phenomena of residual odors.
I have a very alert dog, and when he spooks and starts staring at certain parts of the house and I investigate, I have picked them up on occasion. I have not been able to determine if they are from a certain 'visit', I cannot detect, or they are part of what is accepted as residual events that repeat over time. And, there ARE some ghost experts in here that would have a wealth of information on this topic,.. hello?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
I myself have smelled some sudden strange smells like perfume or other odd smells from out of the blue. I wondered if that meant I have a visitor. I had no idea why I smelled what I smelled. I also found out recently the local newspaper claims there is a woman ghost haunting certain buildings downtown. I thought maybe it was my imagination but for a fraction of a second I thought I saw a woman from the Victorian age standing near me. I thought maybe my mind created the image. Then just recently I read the town ghost died in the 1800's and haunts some buildings I visited. Maybe it wasn't my imagination. I'm sure many people probably thought the paper was trying to drum up tourist business for downtown buildings by saying it was a friendly lonely female ghost. I did not see anything unusual downtown. What I thought I saw startled me because I was home.

edit on 6/9/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Yea, it is the repeated identical smells that irk me. I went crazy trying to find things in the house that would have retained them, but came up completely empty. I must have taken in a lot of dust in that endeavor and have stopped. Seeing an actual apparition has always eluded me.
I wonder what my dog sees.

edit on 6-9-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

Addend: The original part of my house was build in the mid 1700's, but the town records were destroyed in a late 1800's fire. No one on my street with and old house knows exactly how old their houses really are unless they do some serious forensics, like I did.
I live very close to the old John Adams birthplace, on the old Boston to Plymouth road.
edit on 6-9-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Visits from loved ones that have passed come with a nice memory of baking or flowers.

I had an old beautiful huge turn of the century apartment once where I saw a full bodied apparition of a woman in a Edwardian dress. But only after turning the place up side down looking for rotten meat. (the only way to describe putrid smell, and you just knew the smell wasn't right)
She flooded us out one night (burst pipe upstairs) after we booked someone to come and cleanse the place.
She won

Ghosts that haunt (not normal spirits) can be very stinky.
edit on 6-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I kept my Dad's pajama top that he died in, because it still smells like him..his body.

Every now and then when I miss him, I put it up to my face. He died 4 months ago, so the scent of his body is leaving...little by little. Kind of feels like I'm losing him again. But I'm thankful that only the last 6 months of his 98+ years was sickly.
edit on 9/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I used to think those were rats or mice, but after early finding and ridding the place, those kinds of smells keep coming up occasionally, without finding anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I kept my Dad's pajama top that he died in, because it still smells like him..his body.

Every now and then when I miss him, I put it up to my face. He died 4 months ago, so the scent of his body is leaving...little by little. Kind of feels like I'm losing him again. But I'm thankful that only the last 6 months of his 98+ years was sickly.

That is sad, friend, and I know where you are coming from. My wife died in 2010, but some of her coats and sweaters that I do still have are unmistakably her.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The sense of smell is the most tightly traced to memory than any other.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

It is a unique smell, but it's really smelly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join