It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star System Soaked With 'Rain'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Star System Soaked With 'Rain'

www.space.com

NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has revealed a dusty star system being soaked with a "steamy rain" of water vapor.

The water, pulled from gassy stellar leftovers into a dusty disk, provides what astronomers think is the first direct look at how the life-giving liquid makes its way into planets. The disk is the same sort of thing that forms around many stars and, in the case of our sun, was the seedbed for planet formation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just when I thought I had them tinfoilers licked with we are the only lifeform in space..along comes another smartypants pointy headed scientist asking why do other planets seem so much water out there forming.? well err I really don't know, but may I borrow your umbrella?

Sys

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh wow! This is quite amazing! It's like there's everything in space, only separated into large clouds of the same thing. An alcohol cloud, a sugar cloud, a poly-aromatic-hydrocarbon cloud that probably isn't THAT aromatic and now finally REAL clouds, real as in how clouds on Earth are, not clouds of ice.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes it is amazing, ties in rather nicely with the old sci fi concepts of exotic life forms in an atmosphere, as well as the "vacuum" of space. Imagine a collective life form distributed in one of these clouds,. Space may really be one big alphabet soup.

Sys

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My Opinion

I agree the cosmos is probably just one big soup of lifeforms.

Water has been proven to exist elsewhere so it's probable carbon, oxygen

breathing lifeforms do exist elsewhere.

Not to mention we cant discount speculation of lifeforms that are not dependent

on oxygen and water etc.

Whatever the case may be whether there are lots of intelligent life out there, or

were the only intelligent species

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
fascinating.

It's raining in one part of the universe, and there's a hole in another part 800 billion light years across.

doubtless somewhere there are a gazillion monkeys with typewriters banging out Shakespeare.

top topics

join